Tuesday 24 April 2012

You are Priceless to Us Layout {for 3 Scrappy Boys Kit Club using Jenni Bowlin Magpie}





For the April Reveal I created six layouts with the
 trio kit you can see HERE.  I showed you the first
one on Wednesday HERE then I took a bit of a
 break - sorry about that!!  Here is the 2nd layout -
 "You are Priceless to Us" using the gorgeous
new Jenni Bowlin "Magpie" papers.


I decided on the title based on the paper, which is a
Vintage-inspired Bank/Accounting paper, so the title
"You are Priceless to us" I thought was very fitting.


I inked the edges of the "bank paper"with pink,
then adhered it to the green cardstock, which  I
 first added some stencilling to using the new
 Crafter's Workshop Reverse Chicken wire stencil, 
which works so well with the hexagon design in the
Magpie Collection printed papers .


I also used the stencil on the bank paper, aswell as a 
Heidi Swapp Spotted stencil too (using Color Box 
Creamy Brown ink).  I stamped using an AWESOME
new Kadomo Ink stamp I bought off Etsy. (made in 
Japan - out of rubber & mounted on wood - so much
 more preferable to acrylic unmounted stamps I think).


I inked the papers and layered them up, together with a 
Seven Gypsies tag insert (with the letters A - D on it),
then added my title using the AWESOME Prima alphas.


I inked the plastic tape measure provided, using Creamy Brown,
 to age it a bit, added some of the gorgeous Bella! Bling, and
 created an embellishment using a doily from my own stash, 
together with a repeat of the doily design, stamped onto 
cardstock, then raised up on 3D tape, with the
 BEAUTIFUL Maya Road burlap flower finishing it off!


I hand-journaled my message & inked up the 
Maya Road wooden butterflies then varnished
 them with my glittery nail-varnish!  You can
see, in the photo below, that I varied the pressure
so that the butterflies were each slightly different.


Lastly I added some of my own bling to enhance
the diagonal flow of the design and reinforce the
"Priceless" theme!  


I loved working with these papers & loved the mix
of Maya Road with them.  Maya Road have some
amazing new product this season!!



20 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Loving the collage effect with all the layers on this.
Hugs
Desire

Rachael Funnell said...

Brilliant Helen! Love the layers & those pics of your DD....
You always seem to put SO much in your posts... THAT's 1 of MANY reasons why I love to stop by here!!

Tina said...

Another amazingly gorgeous layout Helen! Love your stencil techniques...so superb!

Irini said...

Fabulous layout full of details..love the hessian flower...it is hessian right? hahaha...love it
hugz
irini

Lauren T said...

I really like the chicken wire stencil effect. The burlap flower and associated embellishments look fantastic.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! There is always so much to look at in your work. I love how you scrap multiple photos too but your layouts are never clattered, they are just perfect!!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs
xoxo

Vicky Varvadouka said...

As I've told you before, you are such a clever scrapper!!TFS!!!!And your DD is so beautiful!!!
xoxo

Lynnda said...

WOW WOW WOW Helen... this is definitely my fave of yours!!! Love the layers & those pics of your DD...what a beauty....

Hugs...xoxo

Kerryn said...

Just gorgeous Helen! I love the papers. The burlap flower is gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the background, teh photos and LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEE that burlap flower!

sandi said...

Helen this is really neat looking. Love the mix...fab!

Alison said...

The layers on this are fab Helen..as are the pics themselves!..AND the flower is to die for!!
Alison xx

Mitralee said...

Fab page! I love how you stepped us through it! Bank Paper with a matching title, priceless! I think our kids are two peas in a pod with their sunshine!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a beautiful page, Helen! The soft colors really suit your photos. Wonderful design, and I love all the textures you've got going on. Your daughter is adorable.

dstandard said...

Gorgeous page about your beautiful daughter! Love all the texture!

yyam said...

Wow! I love the amazing details here! Just the right mix of everything!

Blossom inch said...

totally a stunning page!

Jasmine S said...

Great mix of everything here Helen. Love the small pics against all of that amazing detail and design.

Eila Sandberg said...

BRILLIANT paper and title! love that chicken wire mask too and the burlap flower just got me singing, it's so pretty!! Beautiful page Helen, once again the soft muted colours that I am adoring too! Hope you're having a a fabbo weekend darling! Ordered a couple of dies from the UK the other day, let's see how they are when put to use. xoxoxo

FiKenward said...

Love this , don't you love when you get a new mask mine just arrived have had it on order for ages so I am loving all the use you've had with it. Great photos as always and that hessian flowers looks great.