Wednesday 18 April 2012

Multi-photo Challenge for Scrap Fit {Home is Where you Decorate the Tree Layout} for 3 Scrappy Boys {and HEADS UP on a Design Team Call}




I have been scrapbooking away like a crazy person this week.
{in fact since last week, as soon as I was well again}
I had a BIG deadline to meet today & will be sharing SIX
new projects with you so stay tuned!

For now I'm rushing in with one that I am linking up to
Scrap Fit for their multi-photo challenge.  I created it with my
April Trio Kit from 3 Scrappy Boys as part of my DT reveal.

April 2012 Trio kit

$39.50

April 2012 Trio kit includes:





4 sheets double sided Jenni Bowlin magpie paper
3 sheets double sided Glitz Design happy traveler paper
3 sheets double sided Fabscraps classic paper
1 sheet Bella embossed cardstock
1sheet Jenni Bowliin diecut paper
6 sheets cardstock
1 Prima alphabet
1 sheet Jenni Bowlin hodge podge stickers
1 sheet Jenni Bowlin quilted stickers
1 pack Bella bling
assorted 7 gypsies tag inserts
assorted 7 gypsies envelopes
1/2 pack Jenni Bowlin chipboard tabs
1 Maya Road burlap flower
30" Maya Road tape measure trim
1/4 pack Maya Road metal hangers
1/2 pack Maya Road wood butterflies
1/2 pack Pink Paislee chipboard buttons

THE KIT IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR SALE AND THERE IS A 
DESIGN TEAM CALL ON RIGHT NOW!


ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT TO APPLY!!


Exclamation It's DT call time again!

We've made a few changes, so please be sure to read the expectations carefully!

Here's the info:

3 Scrappy Boys is currently looking for design team members.

Design team members will be expected to fulfill the following duties:
1. Be an active presence on the forums and the gallery.
2. Post to the blog weekly on your assigned day.
3. Promote 3SB via social media-blogs, facebook, message boards, twitter, etc.
4. Use the provided 3SB kit to its full extent to design monthly layouts and projects.
5. Participate in 2 crops per 6 month term. This may include posting challenges, games, and classes/how-tos.
6. Contribute articles, LOs, and projects to the monthly newsletter.

Information on newly added items:
1. Each DT member will receive a kit every month.
2. 3SB will be expanding to include classes and other offerings via the site. DT members will be asked to participate in these. There will be options available that will be above and beyond the scope of the DT requirements. These items will be compensated for on an individual basis.

You will receive from 3SB:
1. One kit per month(on a rotating basis for which kit).
2. If extra kits are available you will have the option of purchasing the other kits at your 25% off discount. Example-you are receiving the main kit as your design team kit, but also want the add-on kit. You can order this to ship with your design team kit and receive it prior to the release date of the 1st of the month.
3. A 25% discount on all store purchases.
4. Shipping will be covered by 3SB on design team kits and store purchases that ship with your kit.


To apply, please send the following information to heather@3scrappyboys.com by midnight EST on April 21st:

1. 5-7 examples of your most recent work. You do NOT have to use a kit for your submissions, however, it is easier to judge your ability to kit design if you do. For that reason, we are offering you kits at 25% off (the DT rate) to use for your application.
2. A list of current and past design teams, if applicable.
3. A contact person from a previous design team, if applicable.
4. Links to your blog and any online galleries.
5. Past publications or teaching experience(ie, if you have taught at a scrapbook store, convention, online classes).

------------------------------------------------

My 6 month term is up so this is my last reveal.  
I have chosen not to stay on as a DT member of
3 Scrappy Boys due to my other commitments but
I have had a lot of fun creating with their kits!

-----------------------------------------------------------------


I got to use SIX photos here because I used my 
teeny Instax ones {they are credit-card sized}.


Everything is from the kit except for the metal
flowers that are Basic Grey and available instore.
I also used gesso, as well as inking up the 
chipboard file tabs (see above) then glossy-accenting
them.  The bling on the title is from a Prima swirl.


The card under the title is Prima packaging
 (see the clock design) & the black thickers
are my own addition.  I also machine-stitched.

I found the papers challenging in that they are
formal and my style is casual, so I went for a 
structured design which I then softened up.
An unusual page for me but I like it :)

These papers are from Fabscraps, a South African
manufacturer based an hour away from me.  Made
me chuckle that the papers had been shipped to 
the US then shipped back to me :) - guess we are
keeping the wheels of industry turning...



25 comments:

Misty said...

that's a sweet layout! i love using polaroid style pics on my laoyouts

Missy Whidden said...

This is gorgeous, Helen! Your layouts continue to inspire me...they are always so unique and creative. This one doesn't disappoint...love the polaroid-style photos creating a large banner! Amazing!! So glad you played with us at ScrapFIT :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love love this!! GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and love love loveeeeeeeeee the way you hung the photos!!!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a gorgeous LO!! Love how you hung your photos from the amazingly embellished banner!!Thanks for joining us for the Weekend Warm-Up at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Bernadine said...

Love the layout.

I also chuckle about Fab Scraps. It is for sale at Blue Moon Scrapping.

yyam said...

So lovely! I love the way you've laid out your photos!!!! :)

Evgenia Petzer said...

wow! love the idea of this layout! great job!

Lynnda said...

Wow Helen this layout is simply beautiful!! Love how you hung those photos!!! Awesome... Absolutely stunning!!! Hugs xoxo

Shayne said...

Oh.My.Word.

I LOVE this LO.

I have to say it is my all time favourite of yours.

It almost has me itching to do a LO.

Helen, it's gorgeous.

LOVE LOVE LOVE x

FiKenward said...

WOW Helen, this looks awesome almost theatrical if that make sense. Loving those little candid shots, to cute.

sandi said...

Love your lo Helen! Yup, different then your usual...you did a great job with the paper...I like the banner of hanging pics!

Alison said...

Love how you have hung the pics Helen..and the title is too cute..I'll be using that one I think!
Alison xx

topkatnz said...

Very cool and funky - I like it:)

Mitralee said...

Great page! Spotted this the night before last when I was reading blogs just a bit before bed. I took photos for you. Will write you a POST! :-) Have great ones of lots and lots of stuff on shelves.

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous layout. Love the envelope flap with the photo washing line underneath it. A but structured for you, but I love it (very much my style which is seriously structured).
Hugs
Desire

Cathy said...

Gorgeous page Helen.. love your photo banner.. very effective and the colours are so striking!! Hugs :))

Eila Sandberg said...

Different yes, but I truly really like this one and how you have played the patterns of the papers dividing the page with the gorgeous banner. Ha ha funny about Fabscrap! xoxox

Denise Price said...

Awesome job using so many photos on one layout! I like how you hung them from a garland--goes along with the holiday theme.

Carin McDonough said...

Fantastic layout Helen, I love how the bottom pieces of the banner sort of make triangles on either side of the title that remind you of Christmas trees and I love your title :)

Marjie Kemper said...

Helen I just adore what you've done with these papers... this is such a cool mix and I love how you softened them up and added those interesting points with the stripes. This is gorgeous!

Keren Tamir said...

I love the title!! its so cute!! the idea of the photos on the banner is very cute!! thanks for joining us at ScrapFit

Kerryn said...

Such a cool page design! Love it!

Unknown said...

So cute and awesome design my friend

hugs carla

wendipooh13 said...

such a cool LO, just love the design and how you added the pics!!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with ScrapFIT!!!

Rachael Funnell said...

Once again blogger has been NOT! so good to me.... SEEM to have missed a few of yours posts!! DoW! LOL!
This Layout is Marvelous...
Love that title!!! ♥