Monday 9 April 2012

Back - Sick - and a Quick Photographic Video..





Hi again :) Well I'm back from my trip into the mountains and
back on my laptop :)  My studio looks like a bomb has hit it so
 the door is closed & I'm not looking forward to going in!

I will face the music tomorrow & start unpacking my long-awaited
 parcels that have finally arrived with a few bits of new
 CHA goodies - SIX WEEKS it took this time - which is
unheard of but just my luck as it is (or was?!?) NEW stuff...
normally 3 weeks & it's here
 { yup I consider that QUICK!}  

Today is a public holiday here - Easter Monday - and the last
day of school holidays for my kids...groan...we have all
enjoyed the break SO MUCH but I know it will be fine once
 we get back into the swing of things again, starting with the
gym first thing tomorrow morning!

I get my big girl for an extra few days & say goodbye to her
over the weekend.  We have a list a mile long of things she needs
to do while she is still here so it's going to be a busy week & I
 have a lot of assignments to work on
 {aka get started and FINISHED!} asap!

I have been SICK, SICK, SICK for the last 3 days so all
my plans toget my studio sorted & catch up with my e mails
 & blog-hopping went down the drain as I was too sick to even
 think about anything, all I could do was sleep, vomit & sweat
 it out but, with a little help  from modern medicine I am
feeling SO MUCH better today - Hooray!  

Sickness is a real thief...on that front our friend who had the 
heart-attack on New Year's Eve passed away last week, when
 I was away so I missed the funeral, but I was glad that I was 
out living life & enjoying my daughters.  He was 81
 - by 81 I hope I'll feel like I've accomplished a lot & been
 what I've wanted to be...

So, with no new work to show you, I've just put together a 
video of our time away (using some of the photos I took) for
 you to enjoy. I've made it very short so as not to put you off 
Less than 2 minutes and compressed to load fast as lightening!

It shows our time there in brief...from the Raptor show we
 attended to the abseiling my girls did & the beautiful views
 I enjoyed after climbing a mountain...one of the WORST
experiences of my life but I survived & the views were worth it!
{the photos of my girls show how we felt after THE CLIMB!!}

*Drakensberg Mountains - Kwa-Zulu Natal - South Africa*






20 comments:

Lynnda said...

Welcome back Helen!!!... I'm glad you did have a blast holiday...!!!
Ahh looks like you've lots on your plate.... but I'm sure... i will work as you planned... Glad you are feeling much better...Can't wait to see you and your creations soon... Take care... hugs...xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Welcome back!!! The photos from your vacation are gorgeous!! I love them all!! I can see what you meant by the way the girls faces were after the hike! I am so sorry you were sick!! And sorry to hear about your friend too!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous photos!!!! What beautiful scenery! I am glad you had some great family time and that you are feeling better. My scrap room needs to be cleaned up too. I haven't had the time to get in there lately. This week is lighter, so that will be happening. I can't wait to see your projects!

Tracee said...

Glad to see you had a lovely time, not so nice being sick tho! Hope you can tackle your craftroom soon Tx

scrapbookertink said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick Helen, glad you are on the mend now! Amazing shots from your vacation, looks like lots of fun, can't wait to go on holiday but will have to wait until the Summer vacation this year as we are all far toooooo busy LOL! Hope yo have some quality time with oldest DD before she goes back to Uni, take care Doreen x

Bellaidea said...

Thanks so much or sharing your photos. I love this place!Looks like you had lots of fun!

Marilyn said...

Wow, Beautiful pictures and beautiful place!! So sorry that you got sick but thanks that you're better now. OMG, looks like you had a wonderful time with your girls climbing the mountains. So sorry about your friend.
Welcome back!!!!!
Hugs!

yyam said...

Glad you did enjoy your vacation though. Please rest well so that you can get better and play with all your fabulous new CHA stuff!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hi love!! Saw your question on my bloggy and haven't tried to blow out the centers of the egg... we usually hard boil the eggs...and after Brookie decorates them, Adam will usually eat them! lol! :)

Irini said...

Welcome back!!!!
fabulous photos I cant wait to see them in future layouts!!
hugz
irini

Leonie said...

Thanks for sharing photo's of your holiday. Beautiful scenery. Hope you're on the road to recovery.
Saw the GDT spot you got at Purple pumpkin too Congrats!! :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome photos! Your photography is amazing!!! Welcome back too! :D Sorry you've been sick! Congrats on your PP GDT spot! Woot!!!

Unknown said...

hi my friend welcome back ohh what I read gosh that you are sick so sorry TfS the beautiful pictures so amazing beautiful

take care hugs carla

tania said...

hoping that you will feel better very quickly with all you have to do!! i believe you girls had a weekend of fun!! send you a bbm for your very belated birthday still struggling to go through maybe because of no signal in the mountains:)
enjoy the week with your girl:)

sandi said...

Glad that you had a good trip....what beautiful pics! Hope you're back to your old self soon.

Alison said...

Hope you're feeling better Helen..your pics are wonderful...and I love your choice of music!!
Alison xx

Eila Sandberg said...

Your back yeee!! not backtracking this time but taking your posts in the right time order. Oooh I'm so sorry to hear about your friend passing away. Hope his wife is coping despite the circumstances. My goodness, sounds you brought some really nasty bugs with you from your trip. Fingers crossed you're on the mend now. Climbing a mountai?! well done I say! I would have chickened out at the mere thought of all that physical activity he he :)) Looooved all the piccies from your trip, amazing place that is and you're a super pro with the camera Helen! xoxox

Marjie Kemper said...

Such wonderful photos, and I love that tune. Hope you're well on the mend!

Mitralee said...

DUDE, stopped back to watch the video. You must tell more about your mountain climbing. Did you really have to use gear to get up it? I have never done that....always just followed trails.

Michelle said...

We were talking about you today, my DH and I. :) Well, talking about where you live. I had to search your blog for your video clip I remember watching previously to show him. I ran into an acquaintance a few days ago at the store. She is from S.A. Moved up here about 15 yrs ago, which prompted his and my discussion and then that led into scouring your blog.:) We've enjoyed seeing pics of your area and enjoy learning about other places.