Wednesday 25 April 2012

Life May not be Perfect Layout {3 Scrappy Boys Kit Club using Glitz Design Happy Traveller}






Here is the 3rd layout I created using the 3 Scrappy
 Boys April Trio Kit that you can view HERE.


How awesome is the honeycomb cardstock by Bella?  
You need to sand it through to the white core to
 expose the hexagon design to full effect.


The doily comes from my own stash & provided the perfect
 journaling block.  I inked the edges with "Creamy Brown" 
Color Box ink so it was less stark & I gessoed behind the 
alpha stickers so the title "popped" off the background.


I cut a deep frame out of the honeycomb paper & stitched 
the green cardstock behind it to fill in the centre square
 {you'll see that in a forthcoming layout I use the centre
 square of the honeycomb paper!}.  I used a rust ink
 on the butterflies but left some of the wood exposed,
 before varnishing with my glitter nail polish.


I inked up the plastic tape provided, with creamy brown Color Box
 ink, to age it a bit.  I used my Martha Stewart deep Daisy punch
 & added some of my own Prima Bling (recut into suitable lengths)
 to act as a flourish for the flower and as trails for the butterflies.
I inked the rust paper with white to help it stand out
 against the dark brown cardstock.


I made the focal point embellishment using all my 
own stash.  I started with hand-dyed gauze, layered a
 doily on top of it, then die-cut a piece of the printed
 paper before topping it all off with a Fabscraps
 bloom that I gessoed with a dry-brush.

For a complete list of supplies see the 3 Scrappy Boys 
Store HERE or the link at the top of this post {for my 
previous post that has the full kit contents included 
within it}. Items used that are NOT from the kit are:-

Paper doily
Creamy Brown, White & Rust ink {Color Box}
Journaling Pen (Creative Memories)
Stitching.  Sandpaper.  Glitter varnish.  Gesso.
Martha Stewart Deep Daisy Punch.
Prima Flourish & Vine.  Feather.
Giant bloom {Fabscraps}





24 comments:

Irini said...

beautiful layout, colours and photo.
The handmade embellishments are the best!!!!!
hugz
irini

Blossom inch said...

stunning and fab page Helen...totally beautiful. Loads of elements to see to feast my eyes upon!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Weee!! Guess what I love most about your LO? Those layers of flowers, absolutely!! :))) And oh the huge doily looks wonderful :) Hope you are well, my friend! =)

yyam said...

Wow! That background cardstock is fabulous...and you've made it even better with your mad scrapping skills! Just gorgeous colours and layering! And that's a great photo! You have such beautiful children!

Kerryn said...

Oh I think this is my favourite so far Helen! Adore the colour palette. Gorgeous!

Alison said...

That honeycomb BP is indeed fab! Another great LO..love the layered flower!
Alison xx

Tracee said...

Love all the details you added to the page! Tx

Lynnda said...

WOW WOW... I kept scrolling up and down!!! The background cardstock is fabulous...and those honeycomb...just WOW big wow infact!!!! Gorgeous colours and layering! And that's a great photo too... You have such beautiful children...Bliss... hugs..xoxo

Evgenia Petzer said...

lovely!!! and... I ma excited and I think you can guees why)))

Stefanie said...

Fabulous, really LOVE this one.
I would love you to do a post on how and where you display your layouts and how you store them, if in albums do they not get damaged when squished by the page protectors.

sandi said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! Love what you've done with the flower...the mix looks great together!

Michelle said...

This is just beautiful. I love all the details you have added. You have a beautiful family. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that photo of you and the kids!!! And loving the flower and the butterflies!!! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS!! And thanks for the info on the old dashboard!! I appreciate it!!

Keren Tamir said...

Beautiful LO and Beautiful photo!!!! love it

Denise Price said...

Cool effect with the sanded hexagons! I also love the way you combined different, yummy shades of brown on this layout--makes me think of a box of assorted chocolates!

Carin McDonough said...

Fantastic layout Helen and OMGosh I NEEEEEED some of that honeycomb cardstock!! :)

Bellaidea said...

This is very special photo! You did fantastic work to scrap it! I think this one should be framed, beauty!

dstandard said...

Gorgeous page and priceless photo!

Gayle Price said...

Fabulous page !!! Great photo, what a beautiful family, and yes, I do love the card stock, might have to track some down. Your layered Fabscraps bloom is just beautiful. xx

Jessy Christopher said...

What a gorgeous layout!! Love the title!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous page, Helen!! love it! and what Beautiful photo with you and you babies...love it,love it!!! You inspire me to take me one new photo with my chicks. Very nice your background paper love the effect..Wonderful work dear! Take care! Hugs!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Gaaaawd Helen! this is STUNNING! love at first sight seeing that cardstock *sigh* You've worked wonders with all the elements and details, adore the muted colours and the photo of the bunch of you is ever so wonderful! totally loving seeing you in front of the camera for once! :))))))

FiKenward said...

Looks like I have missed a few of your pages, of late. This is lovely, great family shot and love that honeycomb cardstock it looks great. Lovely page!!!

Diana said...

A page with a photo of YOU!
Yay!
I love the page and the photo of you but most of all I love the page title. I am def. borrowing it!