Friday 23 December 2011

3 Scrappy Boys Card Tutorial {Hi} & THANK YOU for your support in 2011!


Hi there beautiful people :)
Just in case any of you out there are NOT CRAZY 
at this time of the year {hee hee - like THAT is likely!}
I thought I may aswell share this as it's been in my drafts
for a couple of weeks now - I sent the photos here and
simply haven't had the time to write up the post!!

This is a card I made using the December Main kit 
from 3 Scrappy Boys.  My kit has taken 3 weeks to
 arrive for the last 2 months that I've designed for them, 
so I have had to hone in on a very simple & slick style 
of creating using their kits.  (So that I can create 
7 or 8 projects in approx 24 - 72 hours, using only the
crafty time I have, basically the late evenings/nights!)

I love the challenge of using up as much of a kit 
as possible, so this time I decided to try to use up 
the packaging too!  I've seen quite a few of these 
bracket-shaped cards online so had a bit of a 
light-bulb moment when I saw this Jenni Bowlin 
Studio alphabet packaging!! 

1.  Adhere printed paper face-up to the chipboard
packaging piece using glue all over.


2.  Do the same on the other side so that both 
sides of the packaging are covered and the
papers that you want are adhered face-up.


 3.  If you don't have enough printed paper left over then 
use a different print for the back and front of the card 
by tracing around half of the card and having a
join/seam across the top.


4.  Remember to use a very neutral print
(or plain cardstock) for the inside of your card 
so that it will be easy for you to write inside it. 

5.  Once the packaging is completely covered sand and ink
the edges of your card for a more finished look.



6.  Add a strip of printed masking tape/washi tape
along the top of your card to seal the seam.


7.  Cut out a strip of paper with a ribbon-cut 
end extending slightly beyond your card 
and adhere it just below the washi tape .

8.  To make the flower embellishment punch or cut out a 
circle, ink then distress the edges.  Free hand cut or punch
out a couple of leaves, ink up the edges then position the 
flower with the leaves adhered behind it and glue to the side
of the card, again extending slightly over the edge of the card.

Adhere bloomer tape or offcuts of bloomer tape all over 
the front of the flower then added a sparkler to the centre.

9.  Add your sentiment using whatever alphas you have left over 
- I wrote "HI" using an R and an L that I alter cut to change the
letters, then inked them in yellow.  So beyond what was supplied
in the kit I used grey, dark brown & yellow ink.

Cat's Eyes inks are SO handy for giving edges that finishing 
touch and they are very CHEAP - I have a drawer full of them!

As of now I am COMPLETELY offline for a full week.
Apparently there is an internet cafe a drive away but I don't
imagine it to be very nice or very cheap so me & my techno-
orientated family are going to have to spend ONE WEEK 
without the use of our laptops!  Can we manage it?!

Well we ARE supposed to be on a BREAK and it is
Christmas coming up so if we can't manage it now
then we need to reassess our priorities I'd say hey?!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

I owe almost everyone a visit or 5 so please forgive me?!
When my daily routine reverts to normal I'll be back
visiting as per usual.  For now I hope you have a 
wonderful Christmas season & enjoy your loved
ones.  Thank you for all your support in 2011!!




17 comments:

tania said...

stunning card!!! the colours are beautiful:)
see you next year;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the shape of this card!! It's GORGEOUS!!! loving the colors and the flower!! Merry Christmas!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Mitralee said...

Lovely card you always have super cool ideas!

Sasha Farina said...

love it love it love it! i just made a layout - something like this, folded bracket and all.. will show you soon! :P

Unknown said...

Great tutorial Helen!! Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration, I've really enjoyed popping in and seeing what you have created.
I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.
Hugs
xoxo

dstandard said...

Fabulous card- so creative!

Denise Price said...

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Bellaidea said...

Very cute card!
I hope you have great time, enjoy your familiy! Hugs!

Jessy Christopher said...

Such a lovely card and you are good with those tit bits left. Wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Kerryn said...

Such a great idea Helen and it looks awesome!

I hope you have a fabulous time with your family, Merry Christmas to you Helen, I hope 2012 brings much happiness to you.

(BTW Don't put too much pressure on yourself to catch up on blogs. We have all been there and understand that you can't do everything). This is all fun remember ;).

Evgenia Petzer said...

wow so gorgeous! happy holidays to you and you family!

Pearl said...

fab cacrd & tut ! Sorry I have been a stranger myself too , hun !

I am supposed to start fulltime employment come Jan 2012 & have been doing work part time in these past 2 mths and needless to say all my daily schedule has gone off kilter ! lol not much time for crafty things at all. But I'm not complaining at all.

Here's to more good things in 2012 for us all !

Lynnda said...

Beautiful card Helen...thanks for the tute too...Wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year!...hugs..xoxo

Lynette Jacobs said...

Fantastic card Helen. I apologise for not being around much lately.

I would like to wish you and your loved ones a Blessed Christmas time.

xx

Unknown said...

so wonderful card and thank you for the great tutorial

And i wish you so much good new year and so much inspiratie


hugs carla

Eila Sandberg said...

This really is such a pretty card! clever clever you! Hope you're enjoying your time off from blogland, miss you sweetie! xoxox

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Hi sweet !!!This card is gorgeus!!!Great tutorial.
Thank you so much for be such a great and dear friend and for all the lovely comments you have written in my blog in 2011!!!
I wish a wonderful 2012 to you and your family!!.I like you a lot.
Big huges and kisses with much love.
Cynthia