Friday 2 December 2011

Scrap-it-Lah December Challenge/Prima BAP {Our Kids - Christmas Layout}


 This is my Design Team layout for my December challenge
over at Scrap-it-Lah where I used the November Prima BAP
sketch because I had so much awesome Prima stash that I
knew would be just perfect for this challenge!


I rotated the sketch one turn to the left. To 
take part in the December challenge over at 
Scrap-it-Lah you need to please include:-

  
Multi-photo layout using Christmas photos   
(at least 3) or, if you don’t celebrate Christmas, 
photos from a similar celebration (no birthdays 
please!) Glitter or glimmer mist somewhere on 
your layout.   Traditional Christmas colours of red/
green/gold (compulsory)  plus only ONE other
colour  OF YOUR CHOICE (Both plain and printed 
papers are fine as long as you stick to the colours).


I created a Picasa collage of the photos I take 
of the kids every year to send out with our 
Christmas e mail.

 I didn't add any glitter or glimmer-mist because my 
Prima flowers came already glittered up - awesome!!


I did use a Crafter's Workshop stencil though but I 
inked through it instead of using glimmer-mist as I 
was after a deep brown colour.


 The extra colour I introduced to my red/gold/green
palette is of course BROWN! 


I used an absolute HEAP of Prima stash up on
this layout and it felt GOOD!  Its been too long!!


Did some fussy-cutting there too!  And got to use 
some BLING and some VINES that I split up...


ALL the papers are Prima - except for the cardstock
of  course.  Even the felt flowers are Prima - I cut
them in half so they look like they are peeking out :)



Supplies List for "Our Kids" Layout

Cardstock - Bazzill Basics & Bazzill Swiss Dot
Printed Papers - Prima Whisper Collection - Adored
Prima Annalee Collection - Parlor
Prima - Paradise City Collection - Sunset Bonfire
Chicken Wire Stencil - Crafter's Workshop
Ink - Color Box - Dark Brown
Glitter Chipboard - Prima Shabby Chic Collection
Glitter Sticker - Prima Madeline Collection
Jewel Vine - Prima - 533830
Glitter Flowers - Prima - Rossetti Roses - Sara
Felt flowers - Prima - Loft 18 - 520076
Crystals - Prima - 550530 & 550547
Canvas alpha stickers - Prima

***So go and check out Scrap-it-Lah -
for awesome monthly challenges -
there is always a GREAT prize up for grabs
and merit judging so it's a goodie!!***




16 comments:

dstandard said...

This is just a FABULOUS layout Helen! Gorgeous and your children are beautiful!

Stefanie said...

Truly decadent, I so admire the way you inked through that stencil, after the flowers and bling it was the first thing I studied.

Kerryn said...

Love your take on the colour palette Helen. Such a rich combination of colour. Thanks for having me play along with this challenge.
x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooooo GORGEOUS! I love love love the photo collage and loveeeeeeeeeee the flowers and masking! You AMAZE me! :):):):):):):):):):):)

yyam said...

Gorgeous! Love the bling and sparkle! And the awesome background! You have such beautiful kids! :)

Heather Jacob said...

OMG !!!! this is so amazing .. I want to feel it ... so much beautiful texture and yummies ... those colours are awesome .. what a magnificent page ... hugz x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love the masking and the yummy details!!!!

Blossom inch said...

gorgeous page of course n love the bloom, and absolutely a beautiful pic of your children.

Naddy said...

Beautiful LO, beautiful photos.. Love the details in this LO :)

Bente Fagerberg said...

Gorgeous photos of your lovely family Helen.
Your page is a true stunner, so full of Prima goodness and I would be surprised if they don't recognise that in some way! The way you decorate and combine the different elements make me sigh and smile...
Take care and I hope you have a wonderful week end!

Leonie said...

Oh This is just gorgeous Helen. I just love all the gorgeous Prima product especially those beautiful lush flowers.

Unknown said...

Beautiful combination of colours and elements here Helen!! Love the masking..its reall striking! Take care and have a great weekend :))xx

Bellaidea said...

Oh Helen, your photos are so beautiful and your layout/design just stunning!

Lynnda said...

OMYGosh... this is so beautiful... You nailed it... I thought I'm going to do one too... but looking at your layout... now I'm intimidate!!! hugs..xoxo

Unknown said...

wow so stunning !!love It

hugs carla

Eila Sandberg said...

Looove that word - just let it roll on your tongue - "d-e-c-a-d-e-n-t" mmmmm I'm big time into Prima at the moment too, just piling it on everywhere. Soon enough I'll have a frugal period again, well frugal in my world that is he he ;)) Thank you for everything Helen, getting back to you in a jiffy! xoxoxo