Friday 30 December 2011

Sketchabilities! Sketch 62 is LIVE!! - Your Big Nite Layout

Hi there blog friends!
I hope you are all recovering well from your festive
over-indulgences :)  Time to start thinking about getting 
back to scrapping!!  Here's a great sketch from
Sketchabilities to get your creative juices flowing!

I went mist crazy on this one as you can see!
{Well to be honest you can't really see as it has a
wonderful "Perfect Pearls" sheen to it that doesn't
show at all unfortunately but it's there believe me!}

I am doing well with my daughters school graduation dance 
album - here the photos are just focusing on the decor.

I used a lot of different mists to create that 
really radiant {and radiating} effect...


I broke up a Webster's Bouquet & reconstructed it, inking
the gold flowers up to show up the leaf veins some more.


I also split up a couple of Prima bling swirls 
& stickled over some Thickers for my title.


 I got some sheer effects going on with doilies & a Hambly
transparent overlay from my dear friend Mitra in the US.


I was trying with the mists & the sheer additions 
to emulate the luminosity of the night lights.



Supplies List for "Your Big Nite" Layout

Cardstock - DCWV 
Mists - Ranger "Perfect Pearl"
Tattered Angles Glimmer Mists - Vanilla Breeze,
Sunshine & Key Lime
Maya Road - Maya Mist - Orange Sherbet
Doilies - stash
Bling swirls - Prima
Flower & Leaves - Webster's Pages
Alphas - American Crafts Jewellery Box
Glitter - Stickles - Ranger
Journaling Pen - Creative Memories




13 comments:

Evgenia Petzer said...

thats just incredible! love it so much!

Bellaidea said...

Perfect layout just before Big Night! Best regards, I was missing you:)

Mitralee said...

sigh! So beautiful! I love all of it.

I am SO glad you're back in bloggy land!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS Helen! I loveeeeeee the misting, the colors, the photos!!! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Oooohh..wow!! This is gorgeous!! Awesome misting job and the embellies are perfect. It sure looks like a magical evening.
Wishing you a safe and happy New Year!
Hugs
xoxo

Cindy Fortin said...

Wow! Radiant is exactly the word to describe this gorgeous LO! We can feel the ligth here in Canada!!
I love the yellow misting and the fushia letters, this is a perfect match.
And your photos are really good.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow what an amazing layout!!!!!! You've really done such a fabulous job of this Helen!!! Double wow! :D :D :D

Kerryn said...

Oh this is totally gorgeous Helen! Love the background effect.

Sheila said...

Beautiful layout---gorgeous photos and misting! Love it.

Christin aka Umenorskan said...

AMazing colors ! Happy New Year from Sweden

Irini said...

WOW stunning layout Helen.....very striking colours I love the pop of it!...does that make sense LOL LOL
hugz
irini

Eila Sandberg said...

Crikey Helen! it cannot get more festive than this! the colours practically fizz and bubble out of your page! Soupah job sweetie! xoxoxo

FiKenward said...

What a magical night and layout, love all the glimmer and glamor.