Tuesday 6 December 2011

3 Scrappy Boys 12 Days of Christmas Crop {Lily Bee sketch - Durban Christmas Time}


Hiya girls!  Just sharing the layout I created for my 
day over at the 3 Scrappy Boys boards where we 
are having a "12 Days of Christmas Crop" - I hope 
you register on the boards & come & join us!


Seeing that this is all I had left of my December kit 
(which you can see in my previous post) I tucked
into the rest of my Lily Bee stash to create this page

The challenge ends tomorrow so I thought it would be the
perfect idea for the 3 Scrappy Boys community to create
a layout using some of their Lily Bee papers from the
December kit & enter the challenge alongside me!

I made the sketch my own as you can see!

 For that embellishment up top I combined 7 Lily 
Bee stickers and a ribbon-cut piece of paper.


I cut the blue woodgrain sticker in half so I 
could use it on either side of the title and 
matted the one with checkered paper.


 I made the flower embellishment using my large scallop 
punch, a doily & my circle punch to add a border around the
"So Hot" sticker with couple of leaf stick pins to finish it off.



Supplies List for Durban Christmas Time Layout

Papers - Lily Bee - Vintage Poppy - Chic & Dainty
Lily Bee - Picket Fence - Cottage Garden & Alfresco
Scallop Cardstock - Bazzill
Alpha stickers - Jenni Bowlin - Chalkboard
Tiny alphas - Lily Bee Picket Fence
Doily - The Chip Chop Shop
Stick pins - Maya Road
Stickers - Lily Bee - Picket Fence

It's 1.30 a.m here & I'm heading to bed.  Just needed
to get this post linked up to the Lily Bee Blog so I don't 
miss the deadline.  I have a houseful of teenagers at the
moment so it's been busy & noisy for a few days!





19 comments:

yyam said...

Oh wow! Stunning work Helen! Love the mix of papers and patterns...beautifully embellished! :)

dstandard said...

Another awesome page Helen! Love the wonderful pictures and the mix of patterns!

Mitralee said...

Love your layout! It looks so lovely there!

Enjoy your holidays!

Heather Jacob said...

stunning Helen .... wow you do some awesome work .. you are on fire my friend .. and your daughter is a real beauty like her mum ... this is a beautiful page with all your layers and embellies ... hugz x
Baden goes to hospital tomorrow to have his op at 8.00 a.m. I will be pleased when it is over ... lots of rehab but he will do all he has to do so he can get back to cycling again ... wish us luck xoxo

Denise Price said...

Wow! You certainly made the most of that kit!

This is a gorgeous take on the sketch. I love the idea of being able to wear a bikini at Christmastime! That is so different from Christmas in Minnesota.

Blossom inch said...

absolutely a stunning page Helen and gorgeous pics of your DD. I love all the combination of your pp and awesome color used. TFS

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow! Stunning and bright! Love your layout and your daughter is so lovely too! :D

tania said...

ok you CAN stretch a kit!!lol!! beautiful layout and so are the previous ones:)

Lynnda said...

I spot the winner already Helen!!! THis layout is Stunning!!! Hugs..xoxo

Desire Fourie said...

Lovely layout Helen. Love the summer colours and of course the subject is just too gorgeous.
Desire

Kerryn said...

Such a yummy mix of colours! It's a great page Helen :).

Marelize said...

Beautiful pics of your DD and a absolutely stunning page! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! This is GORGEOUS Helen! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and love love love all the banners and pennants! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Alison said...

Love the layered embellishments Helen!
Alison xx

Rachael Funnell said...

My Goodness Helen!
Another FAB U LAS Layout....
Just love all the Banners!!
I really MUST try my hand @ some banners!!
Thanks for the INSPRO...
xx

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Oh so stunning, this fun layout, Helen!! :)))

Svjetlana said...

Fantastic layout Helen, lovely colours and your daughter is beautiful.

Diana said...

Love the colours. So bright and happy!

Eila Sandberg said...

Suuuupah neat how you whip up something so pretty with only leftovers, you are really so creative Helen! love love love this one! and gosh, Cami is getting more and more beautiful by each month! mwah mwah mwah!