Sunday 4 December 2011

An Online Course I'm thinking of Taking





I recently discovered Karen Grunberg's blog.
I've subscribed to it via e mail & find it quite
interesting.  I love her photography in particular.
I see she is holding an online class that looks 
quite intriguing.  I also think that for $15 you
can't go wrong!  It's half price at the 
moment & you have up until the end
of Tuesday to register.

My only concern is the timing - I think it's
crazy to be holding classes at this time of the
year.  My DH gets a couple weeks leave soon
& if I don't spend some time out of my studio
& with him he just may divorce me...
Just kidding about that but seriously...I'm 
taking a break come mid December as I've
been plugging away all year so I may or may 
not get cracking on this until the new year but as
you'll see everything is open for the whole of 2012.

So what do you think?  Anyone going to join me??

-------------------------------------------------

Reclaiming My Time
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it."
On the surface, this workshop is about time. Specifically, about how you spend your time. But, in reality, it's about so much more than that: reclaiming time to use it as you WANT to live your life.
If you ask me, time is the great equalizer. We each get 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That's 1,440 minutes, every single day. Let's say you sleep a generous 8 hours a day; that still leaves you with 960 precious minutes every day. How you spend those minutes adds up to how you spend your life. Don't you want to spend those 960 minutes doing the things you most love doing?
In this workshop, Karen Grunberg will guide us through figuring out what we really do with our time and aligning our time with what we would like to do with our lives, starting with the year 2012. (Because, remember, how you spend your year adds up to how you spend your life.)
"You can't turn back the clock. But you can wind it up again."
Unlike other 4-week workshops that run for four consecutive weeks, this classroom will refresh on December 1st, December 8th, December 15th, and January 12th for a total of 7 weeks of inspiring instruction. These extended "weeks" are designed to provide students with ample time to celebrate the winter holidays and follow through on assignments. We will prepare our project during the first two weeks of class, and then we'll pick up in January to reclaim our time for 2012.
In order to support you as you reclaim your time, the classroom and forum will remain open and active throughout 2012. Karen will provide inspiration and encouragement to help you use your daily allotment of 960 minutes to create the life you want to live.
"Realize that now, in this moment of time, you are creating. You are creating your next moment. That is what's real."
Come join me in a workshop where we create our moments for 2012.
Karen's workshop includes:
  • Colorful instructional handouts with detailed exercises designed to help you find ways to spend your days doing what you love.
  • Step-by-step instructions to create a class project documenting how you've reclaimed your time.
  • Downloadable journaling spots for digital, traditional, or hybrid scrappers.
  • Reminder emails when the classroom is updated with new materials.
  • Ongoing monthly check-ins from Karen on the message board for all of 2012.
  • Inspirational emails during the "break" weeks to keep you thinking about how you spend your time.
  • Voice messages available as streaming audio, downloadable MP3 files and transcripts.
  • Welcome notes from Karen in the classroom when the classroom is refreshed.
  • Private posting gallery to share your work and view the work of your classmates.
  • Email access to Karen.
  • Message board to share your thoughts with your classmates.
  • Two live chats with Karen.
SUPPLIES: There is no specific supply list, you are encouraged to use your stash.
DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKERS: This class is fully applicable to digital scrapbookers, as the content is not specific to paper-based scrapping.

Listen to Karen's introduction of Reclaiming My Time:

Taught by: Karen Grunberg
Class Duration: 7 weeks (4 weeks of content + 3 break weeks)
Start Date: December 1, 2011
End Date: January 19, 2012
Price: $30.00 50% OFF! Sale Price: $15.00
Registration Begins:
Registration End: Registration will close December 7, 2011 at 10:00am PST





2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I took it last year.
I can't say I did all the work though. One of the things was write down what you do and see how your time goes, but I felt that I spend my time doing what I want to anyhow pretty much, except for those things that I have to do re kids. I am quite organized and structured usually. She is great though, isn't she?
She certainly gets things done even if in 20 minute batches of time.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Sounds interesting, I must pop over to take a look, thanks for sharing the link!