Wednesday 7 December 2011

Tootledee Toot!






Today I have a couple of features up - woohoo!!
I saw yesterday that Kristine from Creative Scrappers
featuredthis layout as one of the ones for November!  Yay!!



 And I was invited a few weeks back to submit 
some layouts to Maggie from Passionately Artistic.
That feature went live today & you can find it here

I've certainly got some mileage out of this next layout!
{sorry - even I'm getting bored of seeing this one LOL}

I've copied & pasted it here for my records -
I certainly don't expect you to read it all!!
 -------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, December 6, 2011

image011

Hi Everyone,
It’s that time of the year with the Holiday bustle 
of finding the perfect gift for your list and keeping 
the kids busy during Winter break.
This week we are excited to have the fabulous
Helen Tilbury with us showing us an easy  way to 
preserve those family stories in a layout. 

What better way to share these stories to be 
cherished for years to come?Please help us 
welcome the fabulous Helen by leaving her 
comments or  any questions you may have?
image001











Firstly I’d like to thank Maggie for featuring me 
here at Passionately Artistic!
My name is Helen Tilbury & I live in Durban, 
on the East Coast of South Africa, with my scrap-tolerant
husband & our 4 kids aged 18, 16, 13 & 11.  Having
2 boys and 2 girls means I can scrap any style I feel
like at the time but I have to restrain myself a bit with the
boys pages these days,now that they’re teenagers {they
don’t appreciate flowers as much as they used to!}

I am in love with paper, order most of my stash online due to 
lack of up-to-date supplies here & literally stick my head in
the box as soon as it arrives…aaaaah!! Love the smell of
paper & ink! 

I’ve been scrapbooking for 8 years now and finally
got my own scrap-room 18 months ago when we converted
our hall.  Yes, we have to walk through our dining-room now
but it’s so worth it for me as I spend many, many hours a
week in my {very little} studio & I love having a place to store 
all my supplies, work on my computer & create my layouts 
on a designated counter-top.

I’ve had my own blog since 2008 and you can find it here

-----------------------------------------------------------

Today I’m sharing a couple of recent layouts based 
upon the “Grateful” theme I’ve had on my mind 
since Thanksgiving.  Here I used a co-ordinating kit 
fromMy Creative Scrapbook – full of gorgeous  
Crate Paper Farmhouse Papers that are ideal for
Fall layouts too, due to the gorgeous colours!
 I made my own floral embellishment by
stamping & embossing my flower & leaf
designs onto some burlap then cutting them out.
I upcycled some cardboard from the box my supplies
arrived in by tearing off the outer layer to reveal 
the corrugated core then inking it up.  

As a finishing touch I threaded a small button 
with some twine made into a bow & called it done!

image002

This time I used another gorgeous Crate Paper line – 
this time their Neighbourhood Collection, and I
created my own floral bouquet using a mixture of  
Prima blooms, locally bought ones and hand-dyed 
skeleton leaves available at my local craft store.

Realising I needed a place to journal & not 
wanting to ruin the design by adhering a large
piece of cardstock – I decided to paint an area
with gesso {dried with my heat gun ‘cos I’m 
impatient!} then journaled directly onto that!  
An effective AND thrifty idea!
   
image004
For my last layout I used Instax photos (a Fuji
camera that produces instant credit-card sized
photos - a modern take on the Polaroid) so no trips to 
the store for printing - just CLICK, LICK & STICK!!
image012
I hope I’ve inspired you to get those Fall/Thanksgiving
photos scrapped!

Thank you Helen these are just beyond fabulous!



14 comments:

Mitralee said...

Saw Maggie put you up I was so excited for you. AND no, I don't get tired of your layouts. I just wish we could look at them over a nice cup of tea on your dining room table with the red runner! I am going to tell Santa I want a trip to SA. Yeah, I know, it's a long shot.

Denise Price said...

Congrats on having all those LO's featured--that's fabulous!

Bellaidea said...

Congratulations on CS and all featured layouts! I enjoy it again! Love all photos and color combos! Best regards!

Stefanie said...

Congrats! We all appreciate your artistic talents and rejoice in your accolades. You deserve them all.

Unknown said...

Congratulations my friend love al your fabulous design very stunning !!!

big hugs carla

Rachael Funnell said...

TOOT TooooooooooooooooT!
Congrats Helen your work is Beautiful...
xx

Diana said...

Love ALL of these!

Cathy said...

Congrats Helen.. totally deserving as your creations are gorgeous!! Have a wonderful week :)) hugs

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats!! These are all GORGEOUS!!! You are sooooooooooooooo amazing!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Blossom inch said...

Congrats and those are just gorgeous Helen...all of them and what a beautiful pics for every page!

Lynnda said...

Your work not just beautiful but amazing!!! I always love them all...Congrats on having all those LO's featured--big hugs Helen... xoxo

Kerryn said...

Congratulations on the features Helen, they are really fabulous pages!

Eila Sandberg said...

WOOT WOOT and *clapping hands* soooo totally well deserved ALL of the features!! no wonder, they are absolutely fantastic all of them! So incredibly happy for you darling! Go have yourself a second velvet cup cake tee hee! xoxoxo

Jasmine S said...

More features. You are on fire girl. And isn't it amazing what we can convert to make our own scrap space. Sounds very inventive.