Thursday 1 December 2011

Sketchabilities Sketch 60 went LIVE yesterday! {Popcorn Snacker Layout}

It's already time for a new sketch over at Sketchabilities 
so click on over & take a look at the Design Team
reveal, shortcut it to your desktop & don't forget to
play along if you get the chance!
I've been going through my old photos, categorizing them all, 
and I came across these sweet ones of Cami many 
years ago - and she is still a "Popcorn Snacker" to this day!

I used printed papers from my 2012 Studio Calico Kits 
along with some Studio Calico "Notions" flowers & 
a darling card of vintage buttons sent to me by Mitra,
a very sweet & kind bloggy friend from the USA.

 Love the rectangular doilies - sent to me by another 
kind-hearted blog friend, Rachael, in Australia - 
yup, these days my layouts are truly international!


 I clear embossed the tag with a Glitz Design stamp 
before misting it with Maya Mist - Pink Lemonade - 
one of my favourite "mists of the moment!"


I intentionally stuck the "Popcorn" letters up & down
like that to mimic popcorn jumping around in the pot!


That ribbon is just from the local haberdashery but
is rather lush if you ask me..


I love the look of using the whole button pack instead 
of just the actual buttons...You can see that in this layout
I have substituted the button-pack for an actual photo as
I only had 2 photos to use, not 3 like the sketch.

 Quite proud of my pretty bow - 
not that easy to tie y'know!


That ornate strip is actually the reverse-side of the 
identification strip on the printed paper.



Supplies List for Popcorn Snacker Layout

Printed paper - Woodgrain - Studio Calico "Wildflower" - Countryside Collection
Red paper -American Crafts b side
Beige Paper - American Crafts a side
Yellow spotted Paper - Crate Paper
Doily & button pack - stash
Multi-colour print, yellow & blue paper - 
Studio Calico Promotional Cards
Punch - EK Success
Ribbon - local haberdashery
Coffee Filter Embellishments - Fancy Pants
Yellow tissue-paper flowers - Studio Calico Notions
Tag - stationer
Twine - Etsy
Frame stamp & yellow teeny alphas - Glitz Design
Clear embossing powder - Ranger
Mist - Maya Road - Pink Lemonade
Glitter Alphas - Pink Paislee
Journaling Pen - Shachihata Artline Fine 0.4





6 comments:

Bellaidea said...

You made me test for popcorn :).
What a cute photos and great, fun layout!
I also like all sketches from Sketchabilities :).
Just working on December ones ...
Did you see my dedication for you in my post?
I just saw your comment about me working so much and had to post another layout/post , I started "I should say I`m so sorry Helen":)

Kay F said...

How cute is this! She really loves her poppy-corn eh? :-) Fabulous take on the sketch--I like all your little attn to details....like making the word 'popcorn' mimic jumping popcorn! Awesome little touch!

Naddy said...

Very cute LO...

Lynnda said...

WOW...WOW WOW...Helen you are awesome... I love this layout too... GORGEOUS... hugs..xoxo

Eila Sandberg said...

Aaaawww she's been such a cutie from little wee on our Cami! such a sweet page too! yup, can sure relate to the bow - had me in nervous twits many times ha ha. xoxoxo

Diana said...

What a cutie pie. And such a cute page too.
I was just going to say I recognize some of those bits and pieces! I've used that ribbon a lot. love it.