Thursday 14 October 2010

Gentle is what I'm told {The Colour Room Palette 27}

I'm enjoying playing over at The Colour Room these days.  I looked for a gentle photo to go with this gentle & natural colour scheme.  I am almost through with "the Reilly pile" although I am sure that there are more {photos of him} where they came from LOL!

Supplies:-  Rust, beige, kiwi & sage-green cardstock - Bazzill,  Martha Stewart Edge punch.  Music paper & butterflies from Jessy {thanks again sweetie!} Making Memories Chartreuse Metal Pagemark, MaisyMo Designs - Easily Suede flowers, Pink Paislee pleated twill-tape.  Maya Road split pins. American Crafts thickers - foam & wooden.Staples.  Creative Memories journaling pen. {9 different manufacturers}.

I love this layout.  It took every ounce of self-control I had in me to create it.  I'm sure you'll agree it's not my usual style.  I'm not having a style crisis & am happy to evolve & develop as is the way of all artists - but I am veering towards this more controlled, pared-down style. {I think?!} I really planned this one out, which is not my normal modus operandi, but the result was worth it IMO.
I cut the bookmark & added the other 3rd down at the opposite bottom corner.  While I love certain printed paper lines {Crate Paper Restoration being my current fave & on it's way to me as we speak...} I just a.d.o.r.e cardstock, especially bazzill with it's subtle texture.  I have enough of it to start a small business!  I wish I could bleach it all white though...
I am constantly inspired by this girl & she has been big into big butterflies recently, which got me thinking along these lines...then I've recently started following this girl & I feel this layout is as a result of the influence of both of these artists.  I still subscribe to 3 leading scrapbooking magazines because I like to be able to take one with me if I'm waiting in the car for kids, etc {laptops are too much of a hot-property item to carry around here} but truthfully, I get all my inspiration from the internet, don't we all?


In my opinion it really is an uneccesary indulgence to spend money attending scrapbooking conventions by "experts" when everything we need is right here online.  For social scrapbookers I can understand the excitement of scrapping in large crowds but I far prefer my quiet time {well not always so quiet with my media player going!} in my studio, with my supplies @ my fingertips.  Of course if money was no object I may well attend luxurious scrapbooking events but quite honestly my money is better spent on a stash-box of new goodies - one of which is on the way to me right now!

HAPPY WEEKEND TO YOU ALL - I had to post twice yesterday because I had to get a challenge up, which means the second post yesterday was really today's & today's is really tomorrow's - get it?!  Which means that's enough for this week - over & out! {more layouts to share next week...}

I have a giveaway link to put up over the weekend so do check back in as there is an awesome RAK up for grabs, & some family photos to share too - Sweet Dreams {for me here in any case} ;-D

11 comments:

topkatnz said...

I love that you have actually done a colour room palette - I keep on looking and down-loading, but have never quite got there yet! I agree, careful planning before sticking does give a superior result.

LG said...

WOW you did an amazing job with those colors! I love the design and all the details. Thanks for the inspiration

Jessy Christopher said...

Love how u cleverly played with the colors!! The butterflies are perfect for this layout!! Love the 2 person that u got yr inspiration from, they are so talented!!

Shayne said...

This is really gorgeous Helen. One of my fav of yours to be sure. The soft colours, butterflies and gentleness of the LO are stunning.

Happy Weekend.

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love this...so simple and so eye catching. Well done.

Bernadine said...

Lovely layout. :) Thanks for always inspiring me.

Nerrida said...

Well it may not be your usual style but its gorgeous. Lots of yummy pages here.

Jen said...

The details and colors of this are amazing!! Mine never come close to being this good. Girl, you have some talent with these :-)

Oh, and sweetie, have you input your city info in at LOCATION CENTRAL yet? It's the blog where you're able to see who else is blogging in your area! www.locationcentral.blogspot.com

Diana said...

Wow this might not be your style Helen but the end result is spectacular. I love this LO, the journaling and the design. That colour scheme is so challenging, and you rocked it.
You go girl!
I love my quiet time too, but enjoy the social aspects of the few and far between crops I go to. I would love to go to an all-scrapbooking luxury long weekend though, once great food was included.

Edleen said...

hi Helen! love this layout, certainly soothing to the eyes :) hope to see your Pink layout @ {Create}.

have a great week!

Edleen

Pearl said...

nothing wrong at all with going simple sometimes ! ;) in fact that's one trend that never goes away & now more so with lots of white space use !

Love how your Color Rm layout turned out ! ;) I cant say it comes that easy for me to play along sometimes