Tuesday 19 October 2010

Life through a Lens - October 2010

This month is simply whizzing by & these 3 pics are all I have worth sharing so far.  What with big exams coming up for 3 out of 4 kids they are not the most willing posers right at the minute!  I took a few of Chelsea on her way out to a school dinner but she is always in such a rush that I have no time to check my settings {it is usually at night that she is all glammed up} & while you may see those photos on a layout eventually, they'll never make it into a photo post!

This one I took on manual {well I take 95% on manual these days} - just an impromptu on my way past - no editing bar slight desaturation of the tones.  Wow, the camera just loves this girl.  Just minutes later Reilly sat on that gorgeous alice band & snapped it in 3.  Thanks buddy...


These 2 naturally pair off together, as do the other 2, not girls with girls & boys with boys, as you would expect.  These 2 are more like me & the other 2 are more like Shane.  Funny how they gravitate toward the one that looks most like them?  She hates these pics but the truth is they reflect her personality, because they are not posed.  My kids are enjoying the gym these days.  They are allowed in a certain section on their own {without an adult} & the older 2 are allowed full access by themselves now.  Finally I am seeing light at the end of this parenting tunnel!
All I did here was crop into a square, add the text & the warm hue.  He is so sweet, and so determined to do well in his exams, but such a flipping fidgeter!  He is up & down like a yoyo & I am having to place an eggtimer on the sideboard set for 30 minutes, during which time he is not allowed to bounce up.  Then he gets a 10 minute break ;-D  He heads straight to his brothers room to play FIFA 11...I think I need to tie him to the chair tomorrow {;-D}

***Edited to add*** Just had a mind-change about the yucky photos - I kept trying to get them into a collage in Picasa, and failing, as her head kept getting chopped off no matter what size or orientation I chose.   Then I discovered that you can make your own dimensions for your collages in Picasa.  Did you know that?  Just look at the bottom of the dimensions list & you'll see that there's an option to work with your own custom measurements.  The first one I tried - 25cm x 25cm - worked a treat!  Not the best photos technically but they document the occasion & therefore serve their purpose well enough...

8 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

You are amazing with the photos and love Reilly's photo the most. The flower band is so pretty!! As I have said many times, you have a bunch of good looking children :)

Shayne said...

My fav is of Cami. She is so photogenic - just like my little polly - you wonder if you ever get bad shots of them?

I am making way more effort to take pics and am also using manual settings - except inside in the eve when it is dark.

Loving experimenting!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Precious.... you now have lots to scrap about!

Lynette Jacobs said...

You are so lucky to have such willing models.

Diana said...

Gorgeous! all of them! and yes, you are very lucky that they are willing to pose for you {envious}

Pearl said...

gorgeous kidlets you sure have !!!! & thats a great tip now with the Picasa collage ! i'll remember that !!!

Gloria said...

Ohh Helen, this photos are gorgeous! you did a great job at capturing your children on their daily routines, and how they interact with one another. I love the first photo of Reilly, she´s too cute! You have a beautiful family, congrats:)

Ella Swan said...

Thanks girls! Actually that is my daughter Cami in the first photo - I see I forgot to say that! Sometimes I forget!! Hope you are all having a great week - my it sure is flying past ;-D