Saturday 9 October 2010

Want a Challenge?

I figure "If I'm going to be scrapbooking anyway I may as well scrapbook for a challenge on a challenge blog/ning community if possible" - that way I have a chance of A)  Possibly winning a RAK B) meeting new people & being exposed to their work C) getting "out & about" from the confines of my blog, which may give it some more exposure & bring me some new blog friends/commenters.  So why not try it out with me?  - the more the merrier is my philosophy!

I've made it easy for us by typing the site & due date on the layout for ya!  Sketch Inspirations is a lovely Ning! site & very easy to navigate.  They have weekly sketches with a random draw.  You upload to their gallery & it is very quick & easy ;-D



Love the look of this sketch - nice & clean!

 
Like the look of this one... 
 

Not sure if I can do this Imaginisce one as I don't think I have any of their products at the moment - not any new stuff that's for sure...

Page Maps is a site we all know about & this contest boasts a lovely prize!  Need to find the right photo for that one though - to tie in with all the hearts...


This one is an inspiration challenge where you draw inspiration from the picture shown - should be interesting.  I'm thinking Webster's or Sassafras here...
 

And these last 2 are just pretty sketches I found online, which I might do "just for the love" {may be able to combine them with some of the other challenges - such as the Inspiration one for example}
 .

I don't have time to link everything up now but if you google any of the names you'll get there...I'm thinking you all probably follow these sites anyway right?  So let me know if you appreciate the heads up here so I know whether it's worth making this a regular post OK?  As I download & print these for myself once a week it's not much extra work sharing with my followers. 

HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS SHAPING UP NICELY ;-D

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Thats how I feel about it too - if I'm going to scrap may as well do it for a challenge somewhere. LOL. Got a few of those already noted but loving those last 2.

Ella Swan said...

Love those last 2 as well Vic, pity they're the only 2 with no prizes up for grabs!

Bernadine said...

Thanks Helen. I will use them as I am getting a lot of inspiration from sketches at the moment. I have done 30 layouts so far, so only 20 to go but I am kind of running out of photos.

Ella Swan said...

Phew |bernie you're on fire! Now we need to see some of these lovely works please!! I wish I was running out of photos...don't think that's ever gonna happen LOL!

Gloria said...

Hi Helen, I love sketches as well, they make the process so much easier and like you said, it´s a way to interact and get some new blog friends...I think this is my first time at your blog and I´m so happy I found it, your work is lovely. I´m definitely adding it to my google reader. Hope you´re having a great weekend!

Diana said...

Y'know, for a while I was so into challenges, but these days I have so little time to scrap and so little headspace to do anything other than get the page done, that I don't even consider them anymore. If the sketch suits what I want to do great, but most of the time I don't get to the LO in time for the challenge deadline.
I'm sure I'll get back to them at some point. Like maybe when my twins go to college lol.

Jessy Christopher said...

I kinda like the ally scraps one!! I wish I have more time to join challenges/hunting for sketches but time is too limited. Lol!! Prob will try one of these soon. Thanks for sharing, Helen!!