Saturday 30 October 2010

Back in the Day...{L'il Red Rocket/Colour Combos Galore}

Just back from the Currie Cup Rugby Final - Sharks v/s Western Province.  Love, love, LOVE living in this province - our stadium ROCKS, the vibe at the rugby is second to none & of course the Sharks ate the opposition ALIVE!  Also got to watch South Africa's soon-to-be-announced next Pop Idol, Lloyd Cele,  perform LIVE right before our very eyes.  What an amazing live performance & a great day out...

Need to get this layout posted because it is due in today over at Li'l Red Rocket - their first challenge!
I combined it with the Colour Challenge over at Colour Combos Galore here.

I've had these {pre-digital} prints in a box for a decade & am glad that I could finally scrap this silly, happy memory.  Chelsea & Jack were 7 & 5 years old in this layout & now they are 17 & 15!  The other 2 kids in the photos, Lauren & Jason, are also siblings & it just so happened that at this stage they were both best friends with Chelsea & Jack, 2 of my kids.  Eventually the kids grew apart & the obsessive friendships dwindled but their mum & I are still good friends & we are all still very fond of her sweet children.

Supplies:-Cardstock - 2 shades of green, white & pink{bazzill}, Pink print - Prima Paradise City Collection, Raspberry print - K I Memories "Bloom", Checked print - SassafrasBo Bunny Persuasion Forever Die-cut, White lace cardstock {Making Memories I think}, Doilies -  Little Yellow Bicycle, Pop-up sticker - K & Co. Serendipity Grand Adhesion,  Pink brads - Making Memories,  Alphas - Making Memories Lovestruck {re-coloured using red Pretty Colour Ink} & Tiny Alphas, Pink & Green Inks {Colourbox}, journaling pen Creative Memories, Self-adhesive felt flower - Fiesta felt,  red glitter flower - K & Co, leaves - LCS, ribbon from stash, staples.  {13 manufacturers}

Couldn't live without my Creative Memories Circle Cutter but this is the biggest circle it cuts - can anyone recommend a good circle cutter that cuts larger ones?
The story behind these funny outfits is that, when my older 2 were little, they were a lot more difficult to entertain than my 2 younger kids, & always wanted to "do something" so on this day I taught them how to design & make their own clothes using cellotape & bin {trash} bags!  They really enjoyed it!!

I made this little embellie using the smallest size doily, my huge scallop punch, a not so perfect circle {don't have a punch that size so inked it to hide the wonkiness!, a pop-up sticker, some MM tiny-alphas & a hand-written word.  I'm really enjoying adding little touches like this {hand-made embellies} to my layouts these days.  

Now it's time for tea & apricot coconut squares, eaten in bed reading the latest edition of CK!





12 comments:

Lil Red Rocket said...

Hi Helen
Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge this month. Your LO is gorgeous.
Ive linked it up for you on the blog.
Shell x

Gloria said...

Gorgeous layout, Helen! The pictures are way too cute, I think you did a great job entertaining them, those bag clothes are amazing!
Great take on the sketch and the color combo and what a great story to document. have a great weekend. TFS

Jessy Christopher said...

What a great combo!! I always love the sketches you got & how u played around with it. Amazing details too :)

Jennifer Rogers said...

Helen-- Creative Memories have updated their circle cutter line to include HUGE almost 12 by 12 template-- give them a call and add to your "tried & tested.." jenrogers@iburst.co.za

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wonderful fun layout, great colours and I love your take on this sketch.

Lynette Jacobs said...

PS: That was a wonderful game...it must have been magic being at the stadium and just feeling the vibe;-D

Diana said...

You did a fantastic job on both the sketch and the colour palette. Such cute photos. I'll have to remember that game for my daughter and her friends one day when they're looking for something to do.

tania said...

Hey, YOU!!
Hope you are well!!
You lucky girl, watching the final!
Glad your team won and PROUD of the Bulls for finally starting to share!!lol!!
Love your layout Helen!! The colours are so beautiful!

Ella Swan said...

Thanks girls! Had a look at the L'il Red Rocket Etsy site & there is some really cute stuff in ther - you should check it out ;-D Deffo need to get my hands on that Creative Memories Circle cutter - hope I can find one here - thanks Jennifer! Tania I seriously need you to do a blog post because I am missing you like crazy. LOL about the bulle!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That's a pretty LO, beautiful color palette you picked, and the "silly" moment photos are just precious!

Pearl said...

that little doily really is sooo small !!! wonderful take on this sketch too ! ;)

Kim said...

this is just beautiful, I love the title around the circle, thanks for playing at LRR