Wednesday 13 October 2010

You SHORE do have alot of FUN together {Twisted Sketches Challenge 70}

Just pretend the date you see at the top is THURSDAY okay?!  'Cos I can't wait up 'til after midnight to get this post up {which would work as the challenge is due in today but we are 8 hours ahead of the States here in South Africa}.  Anyhoo, this is my post for tomorrow {which is probably today for you reading this now!}  Okay, I'll shut up now & stop confusing y'all...




Supplies:-  Cardstock - Treasures Deep Blue, Bazzill Tan,  Graph Paper - Fancy Pants, Craft Print paper - from my stash,  SHORE bingo card, journal card & gold glimmer mist - Tattered Angels,  Big Alphas - Sassafras, Small alphas - October Afternoon, Frames - Pink Paislee Artisan Elements, Brown inkpad - Colour Box Chalks, Rose Ribbon - Dear Lizzy for American Crafts, Metal sentiment - Making Memories, Stickpin - Maya Road., Journaling pen - Creative Memories, {15 manufacturers!}

I did this in response to a sketch challenge you can find here & I have posted it here for you too.

I am loving the Pink Paislee Artisan Elements frames & centres {see the cream centre above}.  They are soft & pliable & you can ink/spray/paint them - a great, versatile product.  That company has gone from strength to strength in recent years I've noticed!


I bought a set of giant bingo cards & journal cards with a beach theme, last time I got a box of goodies from the States {Tattered Angels} & enjoyed using this one here as a play on the word "sure" as it tied in nicely with the neautral papers & I used a matching journal card below too.


I am so in love with this rose ribbon & have it in scarlet, brown & green too but have to hide it from my daughter who keeps wanting to sew it onto her T-shirts!  If you scroll up to the main photo you'll see that I also used some gold glimmer mist on the bottom left-hand corner - it looks a lot more effective on the layout than how it has photographed.  The "twist" to go along with the sketch was that we needed to use a PIN somehere so as you can see I have stuck a pin into the ribbon next to the word FUN.

And with that I must now leave you for my bed, which is calling my name!  It is raining here AGAIN...very tedious...and my poor gardener is not earning a living at the moment because every day that he is due to work the heavens open!!  The upside obviously is that my garden will flourish & I have just completed quite a bit of Spring planting so my timing there was spot on.  Have been watching the Chillean miner rescues all day today.  Wow, how amazing.  God is certainly great.  How anyone can doubt him is beyond me!

9 comments:

jessica_haley555 said...

Love the flower ribbon. Great play on words.

Gloria said...

Helen, what a gorgeous page, great interpretation of the sketch! I love how you placed your title and how you´ve used that beautiful ribbon. I love sketches, I´m going to give this one a try. And you are correct, GOD is great, this has been a true miracle!

topkatnz said...

Love the layout! great interpretation of the sketch. I too loove rose ribbon - so much that I can't bring myself to use it - I might run out!heehee

Nancy said...

What a wonderful layout! Great job on this Twisted Sketch! adore that rose ribbon too!!! Amazing details! TFS! Hope you come and join in at Twisted Sketches again!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is very pretty, love those flowers trim too, I won't blame your daughter, who could resist that beautiful thing, the big bingo card is cool too, and your little pride and joy, they are so precious! Thanks for sharing!

tania said...

This one I must choose as my favorite,since i am back!!
Really Helen, this is lovely.
That ribbon. . .I want some???
Been looking and looking??

Pearl said...

lol at your sweet girlie wanting to dig into your bloomers stash ! lovely how you used the PP Artisan elements ( i'm hoarding mine still ! )

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning layout my friend...the muted colours are really jazzed up with that gorgeous ribbon. Well done on this challenge. Love the title you picked for this layout.

Ella Swan said...

Thank you girls! Heidi I must be the opposite of you 'cos when I get something that I like {like the bloomers ribbons} I can't leave them alone LOL! Tania you can buy that ribbon online at most stores & they'll send it to you! Hope you got my e mail about which store to use ;-D