Monday 23 February 2015

"Love Your Life" Layout
{Prima BAP February 2015}
Plus some Chit Chat!






Hello {mostly} ladies!  I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.
Mine has been really great.  One really appreciates them more, the
 busier one's weeks get.  I wish I could slow things down in my life
 but I have a few bees in my bonnet this year that need sorting 
so now I am really the busiest I have EVER been I think! 


 Life is a juggle right now.  I have plans to drop some things but everything
takes time & experimentation so it's not easy to change course at the
drop of a hat - one has to try out new things - see if they work - THEN 
reassess priorities. Sorry that all sounds a little vague but I don't like to 
be more specific until things actually come about, because talk is cheap. 


 Rather I want to wait until things happen & become a reality before declaring
 anything as solid :) NOT so simple but I believe ultimately we are responsible
 for creating the life we want {with God's blessing of course!} 
 So right now I'm working hard to create some new avenues for myself.  


 Sorry if that all sounds like cryptic nonsense to you!
That's my waffling over for the week!!
Anyway, here is my version of the Prima BAP!!
I found this sketch OH SO CHALLENGING!
I put it off 'til I could put it off no longer!!


I actually created this page intuitively, in other words, as I went along,
having NO idea, when I began, of the direction I was going in!
I have to say though that I am BEYOND DELIGHTED with
the results.  This, to me, is the way I love my art to look.
Free, natural, naive, fun, playful...all that kinda stuff!!


I prefer to journal straight onto the layout but, due to the gesso, it didn't 
work out great.  There were lumps & bumps from slathering the gesso
 on with a credit card & palette knife, so I had to go over it using
 journaling strips of cardstock.  Hmmmm...still okay though...


I LOVE the layer - texture & dimension to me is the most important thing
 in this style of "collage art" so I have, as well as the background details,
 the additional textures of Prima lace flowers, Prima loose bling & Prima 
SIIC flourishes, plus torn papers, a feather!, & some lovely "Coffee 
Break" embellishments that I pulled apart & customised, 
along with some Prima packaging of course!


Almost everything I used on this page is PRIMA, as per the requirements
 for the challenge - to use 90% Prima.  Luckily for me I have a solid
 Prima stash.  I have been a fan for YEARS & it is
THE ONLY BIG US MANUFACTURER I BUY FROM!  

I just don't need to buy from anyone else as the Prima collections 
cover all bases.  I am partial to a little Pink Paislee now & then
, truth be told, & even a little Crate, but it REALLY has to call
 my name to make it into the cart these days!!




10 comments:

Mitralee said...

this is super pretty! Love love love the pink stencil look and the really pretty sparkles! The yellow feather is a nice touch! hugs!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

This is incredibly gorgeous and I love your wording! I like that you actually wait for something solid and certain before sharing with others, sounds exactly like me :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch & those gorgeous pops of colour! I hope all your plans work out, Helen:):)

Val-Belle said...

This is such a fun layout love all the colour and texture. Your life sounds a bit like mine at the moment :/ Can't wait to hear what you are working on. :D

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

I just love how MESSY this layout is - all the paint, the detail work, and how you pulled it all together!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the colors, the layers and all the fabulous textures!!!!!

Helen Wallace said...

A creative and eclectic page. I love the way you trusted your instincts and just "made it up as you went along" Fabulous result :D

Sandi Clarkson said...

Very colorful and artsy! Fun, fun, fun!

nancy carroll said...

OH, love how sometimes things just come together without a plan, hope those new avenues open up. Sorry I am so behind, only commenting here, truck problems, I have it torn apart to get to fuel line and fixed 1/2, waiting for bolts for thermostat and then finish the rest (they arrive soon). Will try to keep up a little better with comments, I scan on bloglovin and decided to comment only here.

Jean Bullock said...

I love this gorgeous party in paper.