Saturday 14 February 2015

"Hello Gorgeous!" Layout
2Crafty Chipboard Guest Designing at CSI!






Hi!  This month some of us ladies from 2Crafty Chipboard are Guest Designing
 over at CSI - Color, Stories, Inspiration - Debbi Terhani's challenge blog.  




















Here is the Case File 155 I used for my inspiration.  I did my best to keep my colours 
as pale as possible.  These days I love pastels more & more so it was a pleasure!


I used the HELLO Word Circle, the GORGEOUS word & an Edgar Swirl,
all inked with Olde Golde then sponged lightly & randomly with gesso.


I added some touches & splashes of black to tie in with the dark photo background.  
For my 2 pieces of EVIDENCE I used CIRCLES {in the ink splats, the circular word
chipboard, the cotton reel top & the circular bling embellishments}, a GRID DESIGN
in my layout composition/layering as well as my dry-wall tape & sticker negatives. 
 PENWORK in my hand journaling, so had quite a bit of extra evidence!


For my testimony I chose the topic - a stage of life.  Recently my older daughter
has gone through a very tough stage of life, leaving university but not before having
 her boyfriend of 3.5 years abandon her 3 weeks before her Honours exams.  


Yes every mother's nightmare materialised in November & it was a very tough
 time all round.  So much so that my daughter had to forego her exams entirely. 
 Fortunately we managed to arrange a special exemption for her to write in
 February & she has just finished.  Drama, drama, drama DELUXE!!!


I used paper & tags from Prima, Heart & word tab embellishments from Pink Paislee, 
Bling Embellishments from Webster's Pages.  Calendar card from Glitz Design.
Yup 3 manufacturers I no longer buy from since I have been minimizing my 
spending as I can't get through all my lovely DT products fast enough!
{that is obviously NOT including PRIMA - still addicted there!!}


Tucked behind the photo there is a cardboard/acrylic envelope from Creative Imaginations,
YEARS old but still lovely.  I'm glad I could use it!  Challenges are great for that!!


If you are after some 2Crafty Chipboard for yourself you need to head to their website
here to see what you would like to order then shoot Vanessa an email at salesat2crafty{at}optusnet{dot}com{dot}au for your nearest stockist ♥




13 comments:

Helen Wallace said...

An inspiring page Helen. Love the photo and the journalling. "Life is what happens when we are busy making other plans". I'm so glad your DD is beginning to heal with the love and support of her family :D

Lynette Jacobs said...

A very beautiful and touching page. I am so happy to hear that your beautiful daughter is well on the way to healing.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is absolutely stunning! I loveeeeeeeee the layers and that beautiful journaling!!!!

Jean Bullock said...

Wonderful layout. Your journaling statement is so moving. I pinned to my Helen board. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765606881399/

Sue Lelli said...

So many GORGEOUS details and I LOVE what you wrote! Super FAB layout! Happy Valentines Day, Helen!

Unknown said...

Helen - having a 22 and 32 daughters, I love that you have shared this incredible emotional growth your daughter has gone through. She is one very well adjusted young woman which I'm sure has a lot to do with her parenting.

Love the scrapbook page. So beautiful.

Jinny Newlin said...

What a soft, girly, serene page, Helen, and a great way to begin the healing! She will treasure this always.

Val-Belle said...

I think that your layouts are cleaner too and that combined with the softer colours is just amazing. I love this one Helen and so nice to see you over at CSI. You killed this one. Love it. Your DD is a smart and beautiful young lady. <3

Mitralee said...

I really dig how you tied those two tags together. It created quite the visual circle. Love love love this page!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Beautiful page and a beautiful story. Thank you for guesting at CSI, Helen!

Denise van Deventer said...

A stunning page and a fabulous tribute to your strong girl! ;-)
My Father has always had this to say to us kids...Its not what happens to you...but how you deal with what happens to you...and this is exactly what your page is about! I pray many blessings on your daughter, as well as her strong Mother and family that has supported her throughout! ;-)

Di Garling said...

Such a wonderful creation Helen. Love the layers, the design & above all, your journalling.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Beautiful page Helen and a great tribute to your daughters courage and resilience. So glad she is healing now and getting her life back. Love this!! ox