Thursday 7 August 2014

"Celebrate Life Everyday"Layout - Published in Scrap 365 Magazine {UK} June/July 2014 Issue







Hi everyone!  Please excuse my absence from blog land of late all round.
My son is sick & hubs has been away, so it has been overwhelming.


I created this layout especially for Scrap 365 Magazine for their June/July 2014 issue.
It was for the PDQ {Pretty Darn Quick} Gallery, which means it needs to be a page
that the average scrapper can complete in an hour.  With the focus on interesting
ways to use ribbon, I used this holey ribbon from Prima, that I just LOVE.  It has
a hint of gold too & you buy it by the ROLL so it is decadence deluxe!!

I tied a DOUBLE bow with it {an art I have FINALLY mastered} see left.
And on the right I used it as a layer of texture under those lush Webster's 
Pages flowers. 


For making speedy pages using a background paper such as this definitely helps.
This Prima chalkboard paper comes complete with title & doodles already printed!


I cut the Memories sentiment from a Prima paper & the other alphas
 {from American Crafts - the gold} & Prima {the tiny ones} are self adhesive.


Gauze is a VERY inexpensive & super quick way to add an extra layer of texture.
For the base design I applied modelling paste through a Prima stencil, then
covered it with embossing powder & dried it off with my heat gun.  FAST &
definitely a way to crank things up a notch.  Thanks for stopping by!!




17 comments:

Helen Wallace said...

Sorry to hear your life has been hectic Helen. Remember to take care of your self to and thanks for sharing this luxurious page. Love the embossing powder on the modelling paste :D

Lizzy Hill said...

Oooh...I hope things are better all round by the time you read this.....this is a fab 'fast' page... & you're right, gauze is fabulous for adding texture & a bit of 'zing')):)))

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Gorgeous layout!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I hope he feels better soon! I love love love your lo!! LOVING the colors, the doilies and the flowers!!!!

yyam said...

This is a stunning quick layout. The black really recedes and brings the photo into focus. And anything with gold is luxe!:)

Evelyn Walter said...

Great LO, Helen! It´s not easy to scrap on black background (for me :) ) and you did it in a wonderful way! I hope everybody is o.k. again round you.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

PRETTY cool! I love the black and the little bit of GLITZ!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your page gives the impression of having taken ages to complete. Very eye catching and beautiful.

Linda Eggleton said...

Fabulous page Helen. I probably need to do more "quick" pages, as lately I feel they are taking me way too long! Love your double bow with the holey ribbon. HOpe your son is feeling better soon :)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Beautiful layout! Thanks for that emboss technique. I am going to have to use that one.

Hope your son is getting better and things get back to rights for you. Hugs.

Marjie Kemper said...

Hope your son is on the mend. Love this beautiful LO with the stacked pics.

Lynnda said...

Oh no... Hope things get better by now .... This layout is gorgeous ... Love it Helen... hugs...x

Eila Sandberg said...

Hope things are better at home by the time I write this! Gosh! an hour - that IS pretty darn quick! this turned out really so beautiful Helen, love the embossing powder! xoxo

Sue Lelli said...

Best wishes on the home front and I hope your electrical issues get solved SOON! LOVE this LO, the textures, the doilies, the Gorgeous flowers! This would take ME more than an hour! What a Pretty photo!

Unknown said...

take care Helen, hope everything works out for you! That is a beautiful LO by the way!

Denise van Deventer said...

So beautiful and elegant....I actually love the blackboard background with the white and red accents. Love the textured lace too, adds to the beautiful detailing! Really a super page!

Val-Belle said...

Oh I know how that one goes. Hope by now things have settled a bit. Remember you are only one person and you can only do what you can do. I love this layout and I can't believe that it is PDQ would take me hours and hours... I am a huge procrastinator :( I love the chalkboard paper it is gorgeous.