Tuesday 26 August 2014

'Our Memories' Layout - Prima BAP August 2014





Hi everyone!  This weekend I got a couple more
 layouts done, including this one, for the Prima BAP.  


LOVE the sketch from Jen - great job!


My background paper comes from this year's Seashore Collection, 
with my paper layers & printed chipboard from the Time Traveler Collection.


I used Prima stitch stamps from last year,
 together with my new Prima Color Burst sprays.


One of my favourite techniques is splattering & I love
 the look of several different colours together.  I use a
 fan brush but a narrow wooden skewer works great too.


I began with some gesso - dried it off - added my background splatters then did
 some doodling with a black Faber Castell Pit pen, added some dry-wall tape
 & some thread then added my pre-made photo stack consisting of patterned
 papers & printed chipboard.  I always compile my photo stack before adhering it 
(in other words I work from the photo DOWN until I have all my layers 
then I use foam tape to adhere the stack, to give it a slight dimension).


It's always good not to over-cover the page so that there is an area remaining
 for journaling, that is not full of mediums - which aren't easy to write on top of.


I use a dropper to get a concentrated colour around the edge of my photo stack, 
using a sheet of card over the top of my photo stack to prevent it from getting stained.


Another trick for stacking is to use glue in the middle of your layers, leaving
 at least an inch around the edge so that you are able to tuck in bits & pieces. 
 I use my fingernail along the edge of the papers to curl up the edges, which keeps
 things nice & loose & casual looking.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!



18 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

First thing I noticed were the dollops & splats! Love them:):) Fingernails. Well, if you HAVE them you can use them, LOL:):) This one is gorgeous....the tones are YUM. And she is one clever cookie:):)

Gayle Price said...

I love the rusty, grungy look ! You have definitely nailed the sketch, love it ! xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the splatters!!!!!!!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Love that sketch too! Awesome take Helen!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic layout Helen! Lovin' the ink splattered background!

yyam said...

Love the depth you've created with your textures. Gorgeous work Helen!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Wow ! this is such a stunner! Love the tones of this LO! Fabulous work!

Terhi Koskinen said...

Absolutely gorgeous page :)

Evelyn Walter said...

Stunning page, Helen! Love the rusty colors and the splattering!

Val-Belle said...

I love this layout and the 'rusty' kinds of colours. Very Georgia Heald feel to this one. Love it.

Helen Wallace said...

Wow Helen - this is an absolute knockout. The rusty colours and MM combine brilliantly TFS

The Scrapbooker's Confetti Box said...

I love this page, love eveything about it and I've gotta say you have beautiful handwriting. For someone whose handwriting looks like chicken scratchings i'm in awe.

Eila Sandberg said...

This does have a Georgia Heald feel to it! love the rich rusty colours! you certainly nailed the sketch Helen, beautiful job my friend! xoxo

Denise van Deventer said...

Fabulous page....this is a real goodie! Love the layering and the textures and amazing colouring! Absolutely love this one! x

Mitralee said...

Saw this on Facebook the other day and enjoyed it! Enjoying it again especially the hints and tricks! like that glue idea!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful colour and design. I am fascinated by the photo stack.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Fabulous page!! Love the rustic earthy tones on the pale background and I am jealous of your handwriting ... it is gorgeous!!! Loved this when I saw it on fb and love it even more now!! Stunning!! ox

Bellaidea said...

Great sketch- I missed it :) but love your work here!