Thursday 28 August 2014

"Good Times Together" - 7 Dots Studio August Project






Hello to you all :)  Today I am sharing with you my August project for 
7 Dots Studio.  I chose to do a layout as the papers reminded me of the
 sea & I had a photo I wanted to scrap along that theme & a new mask to
 try out.  See the post up on the 7 Dots blog HERE.


I used various papers from the Dreamer collection by Ania Dabrowska, aka Finnabair.
I fussy-cut all the circles from one of the papers, stamped on them using 7 Dots Studio
stamps from the Illumination collection, then shaded them with gelatos for a 3D look.


For some more texture, as well as using mesh tape, thread & black plastic mesh, 
I used paper-strips from the Dreamer Collection - rolled them up into thick straws, 
stamped & coloured them, then applied gel medium to them to keep them from
 flattening out too much.  I love them!  A grungy take on the new straw trend!!


In the close-up above you can see the new mask I referred to earlier. 
 It's the small wood-grain mask from UmWow Studio.  I used it on it's side
 to replicate a water look, using 13arts texture medium which has a beautiful 
satin finish.  Of course I used lots of blue & green mists & water on my
 background too & finished off with a spattering of black ink.


 My finishing touch on this layout was adding the yellow gelato.
It really highlighted the page & added some zing! 


 Had I added another mist at this stage I would have been asking for trouble
 as it would have reacted with the other water-based inks on the page, 
& had I used a pigment ink I wouldn't have been able to blend it. 

 {Hence my love for gelatos - they definitely have a place
 in mixed-media work & add to your options}.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  
HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR MY 7DOTS GIVEAWAY YET HERE?

Remember, if you live in Africa & want to get your hands on some
 7 Dots Studio products, you can order them through me!  
You can check out their website HERE.

Just click on the image of each collection to be taken through to the
full display of products per collection & make a list of what you would
like then send it through to me for a quote :)  Have a great day!





19 comments:

bernii miller said...

WOW look at all that gorgeous texture in the background!! Just stunning Helen :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo gorgeous!!! I love love love love the colors and all the amazing textures!!!!!!

Val-Belle said...

Perfect background for our sea... Love the family photo just lovely and a stunning layout.

Lizzy Hill said...

Amazing texture...looks fabulous & very evocative of the sea.....& YUP...gelatos are FABULOUS!!!

Helen Wallace said...

Super duper MM and texture. I love to use gelatos too. So interesting to see your children as younger people.

dstandard said...

Gorgeous page - love your texture and background! Amazing!

Lynnda said...

Helen!!! This is the reason why I miss coming over your blog!! Because your creations are always so beautiful!!! This is one is so my new fave of yours!!! So utterly beautiful!!! Love this to bits! Hugs...x

Denise Price said...

Ver dramatic, especially with the bold touches of black! That black mesh is cool.

yyam said...

Oh my. That textured background is super yummy! So much depth and interest...Such a clever use of the woodgrain mask. Gorgeous!

Heather Jacob said...

wow Helen, what a beautiful photo and a stunning page to match ... great job as always xoxo
I am scaling down my DT's next year so hoping to have more time to join in some SATW challenges . Baden has his final test result on Monday to see if the radio therapy has done its job and cancer has gone . I will let you know the result ... hugz x

Mitralee said...

Helen THIS is really a rock star page! knocked off my socks! Really love the contrasts of color, the black mesh with the straws of paper. Gave the impression of water I think with reflections! Pretty amazing to capture that with mixed media if I do say so myself! Hugs!

Lynette Jacobs said...

You are the mixed media queen. The lovely photo pops on that awesome background.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This page is awesome Helen!! Such a brilliant colour mix and your textures are to die for!!! Love that you've done that beautiful photo in black & white so it just pops up off the page!! Absolutely stunning work as always!! ox

Eila Sandberg said...

Oh wowzer Helen! so much fabness going on in the background work here! totally COOL! xoxo

chilli pip said...

This wonderful page certainly has lots of Zing . Love all the textures and details and a super photo as well

chilli pip said...

This wonderful page certainly has lots of Zing . Love all the textures and details and a super photo as well

Marjie Kemper said...

Positively gorgeous! Love all the different textures and such bold colors.

Bellaidea said...

First, I always have a soft spot for family photos so I love it already, you really did fantastic job on this one!

Denise van Deventer said...

Wow....this is another fabulous page! A real goodie! Love the design, texture, stamping and just everything!!!! So so love this one! ;-)