Saturday 2 August 2014

Challenge 16 Reveal at Scrap Around The World
{& an Art Journal Page!}






A new month is upon us, along with a new mood board from Scrap Around The World!
This month, once again, I created an art journal page to match the mood board. 
 A4 Art Journal Pages or A5 Art Journal Spreads are allowed.


I have hints of the aqua from that beautiful dress in the left hand top corner,
 peeking through my page, & the image of the multi-coloured threads & buttons 
prompted me to use a mix of colours here together with many of the new 
Prima bling dots too.  The cork board from that same image actually
 inspired my main colour.  I love yellow ochre!  It's a great colour!!


I really got to grips with my gelatos, Pitt & Big Brush pens on this one
 & just had to sell off some more older stash to order some more
 of them - they are AMAZING!!!


  I'm never too quick to jump onto any of the latest stash trends, just because
 with our currency here at 11 to the US$ & the postage adding another 50% 
I have to be very careful with my choices, but once you've got me you've
 got me!  If I know a product is great I'll make a way to get it!!


I did so many different things here, using paint, hard modeling paste 
(always my favourite) as well as stamps & stencils, & using stencils as stamps,
which is something else I really love doing as they turn out so messy & I love that so much!!


The challenge with art journaling is creating enough FLAT interest as anything too bulky
 will not make the book look good once it is all full.  For mine I have decided to adhere
 my works onto the facing pages only {as you open the book the page on the right}
 & the pages on the left are blank at this stage.  My plan is to hand write on them
 using lined paper & adhere my own words & thoughts to echo the chosen sentiment.


So no flower embellishments but I'm using bling!
I also used an entire "Floral Branch"from 2Crafty Chipboard
that I embossed with Hollyhock Scarlet Plum - delicious!!
Gotta have me some of my favourite things in this special book!!

HAPPY August & thanks for stopping in!!!




14 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love love love this mood board and your art journal page is over the top! Yummy!

selena said...

bravo pour cette magnifique page!

Helen Wallace said...

Another inspirational mood board and a super example from Chez Helen. I admire the way you mix and blend all sorts of medium to create harmony. Lovely work :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the colors!!!!!!!

Lynnda said...

Beautiful art journal!! Hugs x

Desire Fourie said...

Just stunning. Love how you folded the words.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Lizzy Hill said...

Good on you doing an art journal page !!!! Love the idea of one side for writing, too:):) LOOOVE the depth you've created & yes, big brush pens are one of my faves too:):)

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning interpretation of the mood board Helen!! Love the gorgeous colours and textures you've got going here. Awesome arty page!! ox

Lynette Jacobs said...

That is a yummy mood board and your art journal page is beautiful...I can see that a lot of work went into it xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous project Helen! Great mix of colors and design! The stenciled detail looks fabulous! Thank you for hosting such a fun place for us all to play :)

Linda Eggleton said...

Totally gorgeous! Love the 2Crafty branch sweeping across the window. Fabulous mix of colours too...love it :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Bling is GOOD when flowers are not to be had! Sure is a yummie moodboard and so is your journal cover! wonderful rich muted colours and lots of beautiful texture, your forte! How are things at home now? hubby home yet? xoxox

Unknown said...

what an absolutely stunning art journal page!!

Denise van Deventer said...

This is super gorgeous and the sentiment so true and lovely! The details and everything here are just perfect! This is definitely my kind of beautiful too! x