Tuesday 19 August 2014

"I Believe in Santa" Mixed Media Christmas Card
for 2Crafty Chipboard





Back again!  Can you believe it LOL?!
Sharing my next project for 2Crafty Chipboard
which can be seen on the blog HERE.


 So I decided earlier this year that it really was time I felt more comfortable making cards.
I used to have an unreasonable fear of them but now I watch how the card-pros do it &
try my hand at them occasionally.  There really are times when a lovely handmade card
 is just what is required & I hate whipping things up in a hurry.  This took me 2 hours!!


I thoroughly enjoyed it though & can see myself getting a lot faster in future
if I keep at it with the practicing :)  I used my new Prima Color Bloom Sprays
on this one as well as my new Aladine Inks, which are simply AWESOME!
Mixed Media products make me INSANELY HAPPY!!


As you can see I threw everything I could find onto this one.  
I started with the base paper - stenciling onto it with modeling paste 
{I used 13arts for this which is beautifully light & glossy}then I also added 
some microbeads & glass beads, which made the front a bit heavy so the
 back had to be reinforced with an extra sheet of card.  

{so maybe not the best idea} but I love how it turned out.  
I used my stamps, old Prima packaging & an old postage stamp, 
along with some gold twine & a Finnabair metal clock face from Prima 
that I have been hoarding for the perfect project.

2Crafty make the most amazing delicate titles, that you can see on their
site HERE & email Vanessa at salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au if you can't
find a stockist in your country & contact ME if you are in South Africa
as I can get you anything you want from 2Crafty & their prices are reasonable!

THANKS FOR POPPING BY TODAY!



20 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I love love love the flowers and the sentiment!!!!!!

yyam said...

Love the colours and yummy layers!

Terhi Koskinen said...

Adorable card :)

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous Helen. Love the vibrant colours and interesting textures.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Hello Helen!! Yes yes I know it has been long since the last time I was here :)

You have placed everything just beautifully and it turned out so gorgeous. I love the mix of colors too.

I'm gonna craft soon (I hope!) Well intention does matter :)))

Enjoy your day!

Hugs,
Sabrina

Svjetlana said...

Love this card! Colours and texture are beautiful!

Lizzy Hill said...

Go you, with your card making...it's something I find a quick fix if I haven't time to do a LO:):) loooove how you've layered it up like this & the chippy title is gorgeous:):)

Ava Gavloski said...

Helen, come on in to the card club, there is a chair over here at this table. Free membership and oh my, your design is lovely....smile

Paula Calvanico said...

You did wonderful Helen! Oh my,in a blink it will be time for Santa ;) You could have fooled me about not being a cardy, a lovely piece!

Paula

Val-Belle said...

I can well imagine that it took two hours to make. I don't like to make cards either and for me the thing is ... it takes so long and then you give it and 9 times out of 10 they toss it away.... having said that I do love to give hand made cards to those that do appreciate it and this one is beautiful for Christmas. What really freaks me out is that so many people are already getting on top of Christmas and it feels like just yesterday that it was last Christmas. I wish time would slow down just a leeeeetle bit.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Little pieces of art. Absolutely gorgeous.

Tone-Lill said...

Wow!!! What a fantastic and colourful card. I love the mixed media with such a fun mixture of embellishments. Fear no more of making cards as this is totally gorgeous

Creative Mayhem said...

This is really beautiful with all the layers and special little details. Love it!

Mitralee said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! So pretty! glad you threw everything at it!

Hugs!

Mitra

Sue Kosec said...

Helen, fear no more about card-making. You have outdone yourself on this one ... it is simply beautiful and striking!
SuZeQ

Eila Sandberg said...

There are cards and then there are CARDS! I mean the treasures one creates for people who really appreciate them. This one certainly is one of them! LOVE how it turned out! and yes, it takes about 2-3 hours for me to make one too :) xoxox

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning and beautiful card! The layering, colours and accents are just soooooo perfect! So amazing! BUT if we go on the time it took you to make....you had bette start now with your Christmas cards!!!! He he he...

Margaret Mifsud said...

... and you say you are uncomfortable with making cards!! Well, I wish I could make cards like this, it is spectacular!!! Love the colour and all the texture ... simply amazing!! ox

Marjie Kemper said...

So many layers and gorgeous colors. Love it!

Bellaidea said...

Great color combo and lovely work!