Sunday 31 August 2014

'Happy Place' Off-the-Page Project {Framed Shadow Box} Prima Product Pick August 2014







Hello everyone!  I'm here today to share my take on the Prima Product Pick
 for August, sliding in by the skin of my teeth as it is due in today...


The new Coffee Break collection hasn't landed on our shores here in 
South Africa yet so I used one of the new Bloom girls stamps instead.  



I have never coloured in a stamped image before & own NO copics at all
so I used some watercolours with a brush & didn't worry to try to make it perfect.


I absolutely LOVED the colours of this product pick & used all sorts of pretty 
bits & pieces I had lying around my desk, including a Prima vine, misted up 
with some Color Bloom spray, a Prima clear pebble, Prima wooden clock
 face & Ingvild Bolme metal title, as well as a Finnabair stamp.  


I also used some lovely Prima lace that I misted up too.  The base of this project
 is a 7 1/4 inch framed shadow box that I gessoed up, added some blue water colour
 into the mix, dried it off, sanded the entire box/frame then dry brushed on some
 pink chalkboard paint & finally sealed everything with glossy acrylic glaze.


I am sending this piece off to Australia for a charity auction I've been asked
 to participate in HERE so soon I will be saying goodbye to it & sending it on
 it's merry way.  Well I hope you have all enjoyed your weekend.  Mine has 
been busy & I have lots still to do this evening so goodbye for now :)




13 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

What a lovely OTP project...your watercolour painting in is lovely! Looks really sweet - I love the little clusters on the frame, too:):) Keeping busy, eh??!!! Sigh. Did you know it's already September??? LOL>>>>>eeeeeeekkkk!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the flowers!!!!!

yyam said...

So sweet! Love the colours and the embellishment clusters on your frame!

Heather McMahon said...

This is fabulous Helen! Glad to see it's making its way to Oz!

Eila Sandberg said...

He he slid in mine by the skin of my own teeth too! August just disappeared - September eeek!! What a sweet sweet OTP Helen! just ever so lovely. Have a fab week darling! xoxo

dstandard said...

Gorgeous frame and project! Just beautiful!

Sandi Clarkson said...

I have done a little sliding in at the last moment myself before, so I know that feeling. But your project is just wonderful. Great way to ad lib!

Val-Belle said...

Takes you back to colouring in days. Love the stamp it is very cute and great to make a shadow box with it. Nice piece of wall art. Good luck with the auction. :D

Mitralee said...

Rock star! Looks like you did the coloring in effortlessly! Really love all the bits and pieces! And what a big heart you have for a charity auction! GOOD JOB! hugs!

Bellaidea said...

Beautiful project, somebody will be very happy with it!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! One would never know you've never coloured in a stamp before, it is beautifully done. The frame is beautifully coloured too and I love the clusters and the lace ... everything is just stunning!! Lovely too that you are giving it to a charity auction ... someone is going to be very happy to buy this!!! Just magic!! ox

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning off the page project...I am sure you had a lot of fun creating it. Good luck with the auction.

Denise van Deventer said...

This is so pretty Helen! I love the fresh colours! Whoever gets to take this home, will be very lucky indeed! ;-)