Friday 7 June 2013

Let's Get Trendy! 3 'Textured Layers' Altered Foam Bath Bottle





Finally - here is my project that's up today at Let's Get Trendy! 3
 HERE.  I blogged about it last week HERE - it's the FREE online
 workshop that I am a part of - we are focusing on 5 trends & there
 are 32 of us providing {hopefully!} inspiring projects for
 everyone & there are prizes for each challenge too!  We are still 
taking sign-ups so check out either link & be there or be square!!


I took a bubble-bath bottle & altered it.  I have a tutorial for it
 coming up here within the next few days so check back for that!  


I love the smooth & simple shape of this bottle & love this brand of Foam Bath & can't live without it - but the label is not the prettiest - even though the contents smell fantastic & the product is fabulous - so I thought it would be a great item to alter & keep as a gift for someone very special this Christmas {yes I do know who but can't say here in case they spy!!}


I started by wrapping the bottle with pages from Prima's new 'Divine' collection.  I used my new Martha Stewart Heart punch again as well as Prima bling across the top & Prima bling lace across the bottom, inking & gessoing along the way as one does LOL.


Then I layered up lots of luscious layers as per the spec  - 
'Textured Layers' - using hand-dyed gauze, flowers & trinkets.
I hot-glued this all down so it would be extra strong, given
that it would be handled regularly.


I sealed everything with a light spray of Glitter Varnish to waterproof it - seeing as this item is destined for the bathroom.  (Although I still have it on display in my dining-room because I can't get enough of it's shabby delightfulness!!}  

Thanks so much to my friend Yvonne Yam, Julie Tucker Wolek & Amy Tsuruta  for inviting me to join them & their friends at Let's Get Trendy! 3

Will you join us?  The workshop & challenges are going on all month!



21 comments:

yyam said...

Ooooooh...soooooo jealous of that person who is getting this fabulousness at X'mas! This is gorgeous! Now if all my bathroom essentials look as pretty eh?

Thank you so much for joining us as guest designer for Let's Get Trendy Now!3. You rock!:)

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Weeeeee this involves a lot of hard work, friend!! No wonder it's GORGEOUS!! :)))

Tracee said...

So pretty & such a special gift for someone! Tx

Lynnda said...

I so agree with the ladies... this is absolutely stunning!!!... I love it you rock Helen.... hugs....x

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Helen! So pretty! Love all the pretty doo dads and texture!

Linda Eggleton said...

Even though I haven't seen the original bottle, the transformation from a plain labelled bottle to this is just amazing! It looks so pretty and is such a beautiful gift! Gorgeous work, Helen....and fabulous idea :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Shabby delightfulness indeed...simply sensational, Helen:):):)

Val-Belle said...

This is beautiful and such a good idea and I have product i love but dont love the packaging. Cant wait for the tutorial.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I just KNEW you would ROCK this challenge with us!! You are amazing my friend!! I absolutely LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this!! So GORGEOUS!! Thanks for being our guest!!!!

Jess Mackenzie said...

WOW!! This is just awesome!!! LOve it to bits!! Love and Peace xox

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is going to make someone very happy. It is gorgeous.

Erum Tasneem said...

this is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the colours and the awesome textures!

~amy~ said...

ah-mazing.
seriously, I could look at your project for hours! I love how you upcycled that bottle! There are so many little details in your project that it is truly a feast for the eyes. I'm so thrilled that you joined us as a guestie for Let's Get Trendy Now 3!

Marjie Kemper said...

Spectacular! Oh my, Helen, the texture is intriguing. Wish I could see it in person.

Keren Tamir said...

Oh wow Helen this is beautiful. I love the OTP and what a great idea

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

This is my FAVE OTP of yours!!!

Unknown said...

This is just delightful indeed, really amazing !

Unknown said...

Beautiful projecht wow

xx carla

Lisa Minckler said...

GASP!!! Calgon couldn't drag me away, but this bottle could! It's absolutely GORGEOUS Helen!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Just beautiful!

Scrap all'Alba - by Silvana said...

creativity and sophistication, it is wonderful