Wednesday 23 May 2012

Friends Layout for Scrap Africa Sketch Challenge 5{Using Les Papiers de Pandore Papers}






So glad I found the time to play along with the 
current sketch over at Scrap Africa this month!  
It is a local challenge blog run by my awesomely
 talented friend Evgenia Petzer and her friend
 Svetlana Austin, both Russians living here in
South Africa & both very accomplished papercraft
artists working for major overseas brands.

If you remember I had the honour of Guest
Designing for Scrap Africa in February
 HERE then I had the pleasure of spending a few
of hours in Salt Rock (quite a way down the coast
from me) meeting Genia in real life HERE.


I used the pretty, pretty Les Papiers de Pandore papers
 - Cherry Cherie! here, together with A LOT of doilies!


I had a blast fussy-cutting a whole sheet of that pretty
yellow flower paper!  Hubby was away on business
so when he phoned me I chatted away - scissors in 
hand and before I knew it  - DONE!!


I customised my alphas with some glitter nail-varnish.
I now have it in this pretty burgundy colour too!


Can you see that little shimmer on the circular 
element there? That is my clear glitter nail varnish!


I was inspired by the circles in the sketch, to use the round
doilies in place of them.  I replaced the vine in the sketch
with this awesome Zva Creative flourish instead.


All the elements you see on this layout come on one 12" sheet
that you can then fussy-cut them all out of.  I inked them up a
bit too as you can see, using Lime and Rust colours to match.


I pop-dotted the journaling card - I am getting
seriously addicted to pop-dots!  Need MORE!!


These are the professional photographer's photos from 
my daughter's school graduation dance, and they are 
BIG so I have fussy cut the flower and placed it 
across the top DIRECTLY on top of the photo.


How beautiful is my REAL begonia in the background 
there? Okay sorry, couldn't resist that, even though it 
has nothing to do with this layout here LOL.  
Back to business...

Supplies List for Friends Layout

Text print - A Strand Poet
Beige spotty print - Ripe
Flower print - Feeling Bucolic 
Elements print - Everything from Nothing
{all Les Papiers de Pandore Cherry Cherie Collection}
Doilies & glitter nail varnish (clear and burgundy)- stash
Bling Flourish - Zva Creative
Alpha stickers - Webster's Pages Storytellers
Inks - Lime Pastel and Chestnut Roan - Color Box
Journaling Pen - Creative Memories

This challenge closes at the end of the month so you 
still have one week to get your entries uploaded!  
Play along and support South Africa!!

And, remember, if you want to purchase any of this
awesome Les Papiers de Pandore paper you can
buy directly from the manufacturer, Julie Blanc, herself
straight from the Pandore Boutique HERE.

Happy Hump Day!





24 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous, your design really showcases the photo beautifully.
Hugs
Desíre
DS4J DT Member
Doing Life

Evgenia Petzer said...

oh, i LOVE IT! love all that bling and these papers are TDF! I have this line in my russian shop:)

and THANK YOU for supporting our challenge blog ScrapAfrica!

topkatnz said...

Heehee, cunning use of 100doilies - love it!!(grin)

Lizzy Hill said...

Just loading my go at this challenge now! Soooo slow getting the uploads going:):) Mitra was v pleased that I've been able to do that email feed thingy on my blog..& said to pass that on:):) LOVE this. ADORE this sketch. Gorgeous girls...they do exactly the same here,too:):):)

yyam said...

Ooooh...so pretty! Love the glittered bits! And awesome use of those doilies! :)

Lynnda said...

Simply gorgeous layout Helen!!! Love how you incorporate your doilies... so pretty!!! hugs...xoxo

Mitralee said...

DUDE! Love those pretty swirls with that yummy paper! So excited you have some interesting "gigs" you're involved with these days so we get to see some different paper and sketches making cool layouts of yours, always fresh when I stop over!

Michelle said...

Such a pretty page!! I love the fussy cutting. I would have never thought to use nail polish on a page!! Very cool!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love the doilies, Helen. Nail varnish....definitely innovative!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! LOVING that photo, the cherries and LOVING all the doilies!!!

FiKenward said...

Helen these were one of my favourite papers, they are so beautiful to work with and I love what you've created here and didn't they work so well with your photo...Gorgeous!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful LO, Helen! So many gorgeous elements. My favorite are the letters in 'friends'... fabulous!

Keren Tamir said...

Beautiful LO Helen. Love all the details.

Carin McDonough said...

Such an elegant layout Helen, perfect for the photo! :)

Karen said...

Beautiful Helen. Great photo and lovely memories. I really like the use of the doilies on this. :)

dstandard said...

This is just beautiful Helen AND a surprise - please check over at Designed 2 Delight - you won a free image from the store off my blog!

Denise Price said...

Wow! Gorgeous use of fussy-cutting on this layout. And I love how the row of doilies echoes the row of girls in their pretty white dresses. Awesome take on this sketch!

Irini said...

Helen lovely layout....and the fussy cutting was worth it!!
I love that you have used nail varnish...I have secretly too but was too afraid to mention it afraid that I might be pounded with eggs!!!!!!!!
I use so many non convetional products for my pages....I am on a budget...ok strike that there is no money anymore for scrapsupplies!!!...(not complaining makes me more creative I think!! LOL)
Your work is beautiful as always!
thanks for the inspiration
hugz
irini

sandi said...

Helen you've done a wonderful lo with the sketch! Looks fab! All the focus goes to the fabulous pic....very nice!

Alison said...

Love the fussy cutting and the doilies Helen!
Alison xx

Cathy Lane said...

Beautiful layout Helen...love it! :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Helen...this is gorgeous...I love all the fine cutting work and the bling just adds that perfect touch.

Eila Sandberg said...

Nail varnish! yup, that's my clever girl! love the festive feel that goes so perfectly with the photo, or vice verse?! anyhow, got to love everything on your page, it's really so beautiful! xoxo

Svetlana Austin said...

as usually - your LO is stunning, Helen!
thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!