Saturday 16 January 2016

Guest Designer for More Than Words!
Challenge Blog - Lover of Life Layout






Hi everyone!  Today I am Guest Designing over at the new challenge blog
"More than Words" started up by 6 of my ex-Scrap Around The World Designers
 due to SATW closing down.  I am so delighted to have been chosen as their first Guest!

Their first January 2016 challenge is to use a SELFIE!  Along with that you need to take 
your inspiration from the word PERSONALITY!!  With that in mind I created this page
with everything that appealed to me at the time!  I love misting the old way, without
the watercolour look, so I grabbed a sheet of white cardstock I had tested some
mist on & started with that, overlaying it with my favourite grey ink & my
current favourite Prima background stamp.  I figured using my 
FAVOURITE PRODUCTS was a sure fire way to infuse
my PERSONALITY into my work!


I am also crazy about loopy threads right now & flowers are my FOREVER FAVOURITE!
I also added any words that came to mind to describe me, around the photos.  
Of course I used my signature staples & my typical double-photo diagonal 
design - because I wanted this layout to be a reflection of ME!
And that's my favourite way to design a layout!!


Of course there are loads of unflattering words to describe me too (at my worst LOL) 
but that is more for art journaling!  For layouts I do my best to focus on the positives!
I really can't remember where I got that cameo above but HOW PERFECT?!?
The woman looking into the mirror really reflects the selfie theme!!


Despite all the words around the page my journaling of "Lover of Life" is what I've chosen
 as the title for my page as it really sums me up.  I make fun happen out of every day 
situations because the truth is my life is not amazing or exciting but I learnt years ago
 that it really is the little things that count - so I use my favourite china at each meal 
& treat my family as often as I can!  Every day is a celebration in our household!


The alphas come from the Royal Menagerie Collection by Prima and are full of fun colours
 & different designs, all on the same sheet, which I think is a great idea as it makes it easy-
peasy to get the eclectic look without digging about for various different alpha sheets!


My paper layers are all Prima offcuts from different papers over the years, that I keep in one
bag.  I just love creating using what I can get hold of easily, lying about around my desk.
It really takes the "schlep" out of scrapbooking & infuses the creative fun, which makes
the process enjoyable rather than a chore.  Now on a more serious note...

Please support these ladies.  
They have worked very hard to bring you a great new challenge site.  
They were great key players in my administration team at Scrap Around The World 
& I fully endorse their new venture.  My 2016 is going to be uncertain & I don't know
 what it will hold.  Moving to a new country as I am doing next month is a very stressful 
exercise & that, coupled with working full time & getting my 4 kids sorted out, 2 with us
 & 2 away from home, was my main reason for closing SATW down at the end of 2015.

I didn't want to not be able to run SATW the way it needed to be run - with close attention to 
details, organisation & presentation, & I can't promise that kind of commitment any longer.  



11 comments:

Di Garling said...

GORGEOUS take on the challenge Helen, love your pics, love your layout, actually LOVE everything. :) So happy & honoured to have you as our very first "Guest Designer" at More Than Words". Thanks for everything & good luck to you for your impending migration to the UK.

Margaret Mifsud said...

A totally stunning page Helen .. you really put your 'all' into this and it shows. Love the fun pics and all of your fave bits and bobs. Love the background .. you always create with such great colour and texture .. and also love those loopy threads. Your work is always so inspirational. Wishing you all the best for the move and hoping everything goes according to plan for you!! hugs xx

Tracey said...

Just gorgeous! WOW!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning page...so colourful and so very YOU!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the photos, the flowers and all the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

What a beautiful page, Helen! And, such wonderful and fun pictures - made me smile - you have a very closely knit family which is awesome! I will keep you and your family in my prayers for a smooth move and a happy 2016.

Unknown said...

Oh wow - just loved seeing your INCREDIBLY FUN creation here Helen. Of course, you should have been the first GD for More Than Words - ehehehheheeh - who else???!!!! What fun selfies of you and your girls... you are all three sooo beautiful. Love your loopies and staples!!!! I'm smiling.... loving your creativity and your inspiration. Always believing the future will be bright for you and yours.... best year coming up for sure!!! j.

Mitralee said...

Love this layout Helen, you are getting ready to embark on a great journey of learning new things and having new experiences. It's awesome they picked you as their first guest! Love it and before too long you'll be back hanging out with blog land! And, don't leave too quick, my package still hasn't gotten there....THAT is what I am looking forward to...getting something to you in a couple of weeks vs...months! Hugs!

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Great page Helen, and so awesome you are their first guest designer! I love the picures and the elements of blue in it.

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Gorgeous page, Helen! Ohhhh you'll be working full time in UK? That's nice! Wishing you a smooth move and enjoy your new home and life!

Annie Claxton said...

Gorgeous page Helen, full of fun and colour and lots of layers, just what I always love about your pages! All the best with the next leg of your journey and thanks as always for your endless inspiration :o) ps I don't knw if I've said before, but I love your doodly blog header! Annie C xxx