Tuesday 27 October 2015

Always Believe in Yourself Layout for 7 Dots Studio






Hi again everyone!  I'm back again today with a new layout for 7 Dots Studio, 
up on their blog today HERE.  I had an absolute blast creating this layout 
using the Illumination Collection.  I love how it turned out with the
 black & white photos & the black & white ink splashes!  


I love that all the 7 Dots Studio Collections have such great words of wisdom
to go along with them.  The papers, stickers & die-cuts are full of sayings
& sentiments that make these collections so versatile!


It makes creating SO simple because everything you need comes with
 the collection & creating then becomes a breeze!  All you need is to 
add some mixed media  products & texture & you are done!!


I love to add thread to my projects as it adds just the right amount of texture
& movement without creating a lot of bulk.  I'm also a great believer in
 adding hand journaling as a finishing touch to your work, to personalise it.


As well as the ink splashes I added some light stenciling, some inking & also
some tearing, which is another technique that never goes out of fashion.


I layered up several patterned papers, distressing & inking up the edges 
as I went along, whilst tucking in some die-cuts & adding some
 as embellishments on top too.


Using staples is a good way to keep the thread in place whilst
 also adding a funky, modern look to your page at the same time.


7 Dots Studio Products used on this page are :-

Illumination Patterned Paper - Tolerance
Illumination Patterned Paper - Acceptance
Illumination Patterned Paper - Diversity
Illumination Elements 6 x 12 – Die-cuts
Wood Grain Paper & Stencil – Nature Walk

Other supplies are - 13arts Splash inks in black & white,
 black metallic thread, staples, Tsukineko bronze ink, white journaling pen.






10 comments:

Heather McMahon said...

Oh I love this Helen! Fabulous!

Francesca Biancon said...

wow, great!! I love this vintage mood as pictures!

Lizzy Hill said...

This is such a lovely collection & it looks fabulous here, how you've scrapped it... those hearts really draw the eye around the page.... lead the eye....very clever. And that black thread. YUM!!!

Val-Belle said...

Your blog looks fab... always nice to have a change :D
This layout is just lovely. Love the Lucy pic... such a fun family pic. Yeah fabulous :D

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful new blog design. Gorgeous page.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the layers, the family photo and loving how you incorporated Lucy on here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitralee said...

So the other day I wore white splatters on my nose for a couple hours after trying to replicate the ones you are always using! My family was like huh? And saying I was trying to make white splatters like Helen wasn't getting me anywhere...I LOVE this layout! Super cool fam photo too! Hugs!

Kathy Bradley said...

What a most adorable photo of your family!! And, the pic of Lucy is wonderful - she always made me laugh! Your page is so very gorgeous, Helen, I love your layers and design!

Margaret Mifsud said...

What a fabulous collection!! Love all the quotes and sayings around this page and the black background with just that hint of stenciling!! Wonderful, fun photo of you and your gorgeous family and I love all the layers and, of course, the paint splatters!! Stunning page!!

Denise van Deventer said...

I simply love this page...it is fresh and funny and gorgeous! Love it to bits! ;-)