Sunday 23 March 2014

Where Have I Been?!? {& Please Resubscribe to my New Feed!}







Hi Blog Friends!  My huge apologies for not updating
 here for a couple of weeks.  I have had a MAJOR SETBACK 
here in that my blog feed{RSS} broke, meaning that none
 of my subscribers who read my blog through ANY READER have
 been able to see my blog posts for the past couple of MONTHS!  

As Feedburner DID NOT inform me about this {I have since found 
out that they DON'T unless you sign up to some type of a newsletter 
from them that comes via your reader - there is no email option).
It was 2 months before I was even aware of the problem!

My blog hits were dwindling dramatically & eventually
 a bloggy friend asked why I hadn't posted for so long.
   That's when I took a look & saw that MY LAST EIGHT POSTS 
HADN'T PUBLISHED through my RSS to any readers :(  

I have done everything possible to fix it & failed. 


Needless to say I have wasted many precious hours on it!
 I now have a NEW RSS FEED ADDRESS that you can see
 in my sidebar & have added it to my RSS ICON
 at the top of my blog, so if you click into that you 
can see my new feed address & resubscribe to it.


I wish there was a way to fix this but it seems there is not.  

What it means for me is that I lose all my old
 RSS subscribers,of which I had hundreds, unless
 they each manually resubscribe to my new feed address.  

One of those awful techy things that sets you back & to
which there is no ideal outcome.  It has been very demotivating
for me after the last 5 years of building up my following. 

 It also seems that the problem may re-occur as the reason
 my last feed broke was apparently due to some faulty html
coding that appears, usually, when you write up blog posts
 in Word then copy & paste them over to Blogger.  

The very strange thing there is that I DON'T DO THAT! 

 So why I am getting the strange html coding showing up
 I DO NOT KNOW & I can already see that it is
 showing up again in my new rss feed too.
So  WHO KNOWS?!? 
 All I can tell you is that IF YOU SEE NOTHING FROM ME
 {& you don't forget about me!} CLICK IN & see if there is
 an update.  IF YES PLEASE INFORM ME {if it is not showing
 in your reader but is showing on my blog!}so I can look into it!


My blog is working perfectly.
It is my rss feed that broke & now I have a new one.
As I haven't been able to fix it & wanted to try to fix
my old feed rather than advertise to subscribe to my
new feed, there didn't seem any point in updating my
blog until such time as I was certain what to advise
my followers.  Now I have given up trying to fix my
old feed & accepted that there is nothing I can do to
repair it & I must just accept it & MOVE ON!!  

Meanwhile of course I have been keeping myself very busy
 behind the scenes :)  Firstly I got TERRIBLE FLU, as did
we all, so that was dreadful & lasted a good 10 days between
the lot of us.  Now I am busy organising my new Design Team
{starting in May 2014} at Scrap Around The World, my
challenge blog, as well as working on a big surprise for you all,
that I have in store for you, coming up quite soon, in MAY!

And I also have another piece of very interesting & exciting news
to share, a completely new development for me, that I will be
 sharing here VERY SOON so I may not have been blogging but
I have still been very involved in all things scrapbooking related
& I will be sharing with you all again as per usual starting NOW!






16 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Hi Helen, You've certainly been through the mill with this haven't you?? Must be tearing your hair out. I decided to follow you by e-mail and was wondering why I hadn't received any notifications but I guess that's because you've been busy trying to fix this and probably hadn't posted. I'll leave it on e-mail and see what happens, but I for one certainly will not forget about you. You're one of my fave scrappers so how could you be forgotten, and there are many, many others out there who feel the same. Don't give up honey, we love you!!!!! ox

Lizzy Hill said...

Well....it's still al double Dutch to me...but glad you've sorted whatever it is you needed to sort!!! Can't wait to hear your exciting new-es coming up! I'm going to re 'do' you in blog loving, just in case you're not showing up..... Glad you got to the (sorta) bottom of the problem:):)

Margaret Mifsud said...

Just wanted to let you know Helen that I got this post through both bloglovin and google+, so hopefully all is now fixed!! ox

yyam said...

The new feed works.:)
Hope you re-engage your following.

Tracee said...

Hope you get the problems sorted soon Helen, sounds like a nighmare! Tx

Helen Wallace said...

How annoying and frustrating for you Helen!!!!! This came up on Bloglovin' so I'm reading you. I'm sorry you've had such a problem and hope you are able to regain your wonderful followers.. Looking forward to hearing all your exciting news. :)

chilli pip said...

Got this feed through blogger . love your work ...

Lynette Jacobs said...

You are back in my Bloglovin feed. Welcome back you were missed.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So glad that on my end it is fixed!!!!!!!!!

Jean Bullock said...

Came through in my e-mail. :-)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Love your spirit Helen! Looking forward to hearing about your new ventures.:)

Denise van Deventer said...

I for one, am terrible when looking through blogger posts etc...I just keep my favourites tab going and always visit my blogs from there! You are certainly still on my favourites and it's just time and work that interfere with my visits!!!! ;-)

Unknown said...

I have you as a tab. so was lucky. glad you persevered and got all sorted

Unknown said...

I have you as a tab. so was lucky. glad you persevered and got all sorted

Unknown said...

I have you as a tab. so was lucky. glad you persevered and got all sorted

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Helen, this must have made you mad (by which of course I mean, irate!) So sorry you had to deal with this. I can only imagine how dreadfully frustrating it was. Happily, BlogLovin still shows me your content!