Monday 31 March 2014

"Happy Love"Layout - March 2Crafty Share {Prima Product Pick}





Hello everyone!  HAPPY Monday!!  Today was an extraordinarily 
productive day for me - yay!  It was my birthday on Saturday so
 I spent the day with my family "relaxing"{actually working on a
 DIY home improvement project!}which was really tiring but also
 a very healthy way to spend the day as it was quite strenuous.

  I love making our house more homely so for me it was a great way
 to spend the afternoon, followed by a movie in front of the TV
 in the evening & my favourite dinner cooked by hubby!!  So
I had a really nice weekend & that translated into me being 
ready to start the week well!  I don't know about you but I
go through energy highs & energy dips & right now I'm on a
high again after a couple of weeks of feeling fluey...

I went up on the 2Crafty blog today HERE with a couple of
new layouts, one of them which I am entering into the Prima
Product Pick competition HERE so I need to get linked up
quick as it ends today!  Here is my 2Crafty post below :)
 

"Happy  Love"

2014 March ppp

I used the 2Crafty words "happy" {loopy font} 
 & "love" {loopy font} to make up my title -
 Happy Love.


I used a few different colours of embossing powder 
for a more interesting effect when I embossed each word.


The great thing about chipboard is it's versatility. You buy 
 it in it's raw state then customise it to suit your project.


These hearts {Squiggly Heart Cluster} are definitely 
MY FAVOURITE CHIPBOARD  ITEM EVER -
 I really want to use them repeatedly - on everything!!  


I used Tombo mono glue to adhere them lightly in just a few places,
 {that glue is incredibly strong & dries clear} & I used the same
 embossing effect on the hearts as I did on the words.


If you find embossing on intricate chipboard shapes tricky with an embossing pad
 you need to buy yourself one of these.  They last an incredibly long time
 & make the job waaaaaaaaay easier...


You just roll it over your piece & the effect can be made to look
 "chunky" if you squeeze out a thicker or uneven layer.


Photo overload so you can study things from every angle!


This chipboard piece in person is way more awesome than you realise
 when you look at it in it's raw state.  There's no way you won't love this!


Using your punches to "mirror" the design on your chipboard 
pieces, if possible, is an easy trick to help create a cohesive layout.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!


18 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Yep! Love it even more now! Those heart chippys are fab! The embossing dabber looks awesome too!

yyam said...

Sooooo cool. LOVE that the heart chippies look like they are floating!
I love using the dabbers to colour chipboard quickly...but didn't know they had an embossing version.

Lee-Anne said...

This is gorgeousness at it's finest. Love it all especially the colours.

Dorota Dołęga said...

beautiful and romantic, love the colours! is that your daugter? she looks exactly like you!

Elaine coustley said...

Beautiful layout great colour combination.love it.x

zenevak said...

Ooh - I love that heart chipboard and what you have done with it is simply gorgeous! Loving all the layers and the spectrum of greens you have incorporated.

Val-Belle said...

I think I am in love with those chipboard hearts too... The words look great and that embossing dabber works a treat, also makes embossing with stencils so much easier :D This is a really beautiful layout and quite clean compared to your normal style... it is nice too... I like it. :D

dstandard said...

This is gorgeous- going to have to try that embossing pen. Loving those heart chippies!

Helen Wallace said...

Oh yes, love the hearts…I need them and I need them now!! Seriously, this is a gorgeous page, chock full of yummy stuff, yet the sweet photo remains the focal point :D

Desire Fourie said...

First of all, happy belated birthday and may the year be filled with tons of blessings. Then, this is just such an awesome page, with wonderful textures and overall it is just soooo creative.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Svjetlana said...

Glad you had relaxing day for your birthday. This page is stunning. Love those love hearts chipboard.

Tracey said...

Loving the colours! Stunning!!

Mitralee said...

So glad you are on an energy high! And that you had a terrific birthday! This page made me gasp it's so beautiful! It's a stunner, will be surprised if it's not also a winner! ;-) HUGS!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Absolutely fabulous page Helen!! Yes, I love those gorgeous hearts too, pity they won't fit on a card. Love the colours and the treatment on the chippies. Lots of lovely things on there to look at!! An absolutely stunning page!! ox

chilli pip said...

I love photo overloads as they are like tutorials for me . This is another stunner. Your photos are so artistic as well.
Birthday wishes and happy juice diet!

Denise van Deventer said...

Everything about this page screams Happy! The gorgeous colours, textures, light and airy feel and that super chippie! I really do love this page, it's an absolute goodie! ;-)

Marjie Kemper said...

What a gorgeous LO, Helen. I love all those delicate hearts and flowers and then the rough texture you've added tot he base. Such a great photo, too!

Eila Sandberg said...

Aaahhh YES this is the one!! it's to die for, absolutely fabulous page! and as has been said before me, those chippie hearts are yummie! So glad you had a wonderful birthday, that's the way I like it too. Don't care much for fancy restaurants, would rather have dinner at home. Any shopping with ACOT yet? xoxoxo