Thursday 30 January 2014

'Paris'Layout - Inkido (January Challenge) {Lindy's Stamp Gang/2Crafty Chipboard}




Hello again!  Finally I can share my January Inkido project
with you!  It went up on the Inkido blog recently & you
can see it HERE.

Here's a copy of the post - you still have time to enter
 the challenge!!  It closes at the end of January :)  I used
Lindy's Stamp Gang mists as well as 2 Crafty Chipboard
 on this layout & of course Prima bling & flowers too :)  

I created this layout whilst I was away on holiday recently
 & it took me quite a while one evening, amidst lots of
chatter ...but, like slow cooking, I think it was worth it!

-----------------------------------------

Hi everyone!  Helen here with you again!!  

Happy New Year from me!!!
Here is my take on the January Mood Board.


I started out by using the "Happy Christmas" patterned paper "Winter Birds".



I whited out the centre section using gesso & mists but left the outer
 edges of the paper to show off the beautiful snowflake print.  I also tore
 a couple of pieces of the paper in a contrasting colour, to use along the top
 & bottom of the layout to emphasize the diagonal orientation of my page.


I embellished my page with some beautiful Inkido laces, 
some of which I misted in blue & others that I left white.


Underneath my photo I used some more patterned paper from Inkido
in the Music Notes Design.  I like to tear my papers as it adds texture.


As well as the Inkido floral lace you see above I also used some tiny 
Inkido flowers {mini roses}, which I misted up to match my page.  


Above you can see how well the Inkido laces take to being 
recoloured using spray mists.  My advice is to spritz with water 
while still wet to ensure that they dye with an even coverage.


I tucked in various pieces of Inkido patterned 
paper underneath my photograph, for dimension.


I hope you will find some time to play along with our January
 challenge HERE!  Follow the link to read the simple rules.

  You have until the end of January to link up your project. 


I also used some other pretty Inkido flowers on my page.  
The lovely Cherry Blossom ones HERE.  Lastly I sprinkled
some beautiful Inkido bling dots around my page, confetti style.
The ones I used are called Champagne Pearls.



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Incredibly wonderfully designed,
adore the layers and textures!!


Elaine coustley said...

As always fantastic design. I love the chipboard , the layers you always get so right . x

Denise van Deventer said...

Realy, really love this page Helen...and yes, I remember chatting about it! It is stunning and came out so well! Love the rich texture and layers..and the soft colouring....just fabulous! Definite favourite for me! ;-)

Bente Fagerberg said...

This looks absolutely super Helen!! Love how you covered up most of the center of the busy pattern with your awesome mixed media work and managed to mix it in so well. Great photo, and I love the texture you created! Have a great week end!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GREAT Work...
The black really finishes this off NICELY ( :

Lizzy Hill said...

Gorgeous Layering & just ADORE how you've used the lace!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Awesome background Helen. Love all the texture.

ALINE said...

Very beautiful page!

Lynnda said...

Another beautiful layout from you! I heart the background job .... beautiful! hugs...x

Margaret Mifsud said...

An amazing page!!! Love all the lace and the stamping on your chippies!!! Your background too is amazing but then they always are!! So gorgeous, just love it!! ox

sandi said...

This is just absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! So hard to stop looking at it Helen!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Oh yes, LOVE the background! could look forever and discover new details over and over again! My nook hmmm ... have to think about revealing it :))

Linda Eggleton said...

Wowzers....another stunner!! So many detailed layers & fabulous textures...I really love this one, Helen! Amazing work :)

yyam said...

Oh my. This is spectacular. I LOVE everything on this. Pure perfection. Okay..almost pure perfection. Would have been pure perfection if YOU were in the photo too! *winks*