Thursday 21 March 2013

'Home Sweet Home' for My Creative Scrapbook {Dear Lizzy for American Crafts} 5th & Frolic Collection




Happy Thursday to you all!  Today it is a public holiday here in South Africa - Human Rights Day, and tomorrow is a school holiday.  I am so excited to be able to get ahead with all my Design Team assignments as well as have some fun with the kids & enjoy a cappucino out with the hubby!  Wishing you all a wonderful day too, wherever you are in the world!!


This is the fourth layout I created for My Creative Kit Club using their March Main kit.  I loved this pretty floral print but wanted to separate it from my photo collage, so it wouldn't compete with it, so I achieved that by using gesso.  


Now, when I lay my photo cluster on top there is some white space around it that separates it from the background & helps it to 'pop!'  In keeping with the 'Home Sweet Home' theme I decided to use the many little mini-Instax photos we have of our cats.


I wanted to create a casual grid so I cut a piece of plain white paper 20 x 20cm square & adhered my photos & elements to that first, before adhering the entire square to my layout. 


I used a sheet of white corrugated board between my collage & the base paper & made the biggest sticker into my title & focal point by positioning it in the centre & on top of a doily.


Anyone who has animals will surely agree with me that they really change a house into a home...


I'm enjoying doodling little hearts at the moment ♥
{press ALT and 3 (on your numerical keypad) to print a heart!}


Apart from the doily I added & the Prima flower (supplied with the kit) all the little bits you see are stickers from the Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic DOUBLE Sticker sheet.


The 'Key to my Heart' sentiment you see sticking out the top there is cut from the Prima packaging.  I used it all over my layouts this month.  The black often adds the perfect finishing touch to tie things in with the black/shadows in most photos.

Thank you so much for your visit today!



15 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

I love how you incorporatedba few photos in one LO. It's so hard for me to do that!! But you've done it amazingly!!

Lizzy Hill said...

This really reminds me of a Project Life page...awesome AND a great idea...have a FAB long weekend - glad DH is HOME, too:))):)

Gayle Price said...

Gorgeous !! So many details, but so well combined. xx

dstandard said...

Beautiful page - see you like cats as well - we have two - just lost one this year to CA. Beautiful work as always with such great details and tutorials!

Elaine coustley said...

Just love your layout, love all you have managed to put on it truly great great combination of kitty cats.x

Judith said...

Love your page. Glad to see I'm not the only one scrapping cats! Love what you have been creating with this kit.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!!! I love love love all the photos and loveeeeeeeeee the doilies!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Beautiful work, Helen! I love your page - it's brilliant!

sandi said...

Love how you did this one Helen! Looks great with the 'home' in the center and the pics around it! Such a nice soft lo too!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

This is so cute! Great pics and great design to get so many on the page. Love the colours and details. Hope you enjoyed your holiday.:)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a sweet, fun page!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Eila Sandberg said...

Oooh you've had a long weekend over there!! sooo glad you're having time for hubbs and kids too. This is such a sweet page, you know I LOVE cats too! Don't think I've ever used more than 2 piccies on a layout but you almways manage to fit in several and it still looks dang good! Did you get that cappuccino? hugs, E

Desire Fourie said...

Another beautiful layout and a precious subject.
{I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

yyam said...

Love the collage of photos and the homely feel to this layout with the floral prints! :)

Denise van Deventer said...

Great page....lots of lovely details! I was really happy to scrap over the PH too, and also had Friday and Monday off...it was pure bliss! ;-))