Sunday 2 September 2012

Hope for the Future Layout {Creative Scrappers Sketch 224} Les Papiers de Pandore






Hello Everyone!  Hope you have had a great weekend so far!
I like the one after month end!!  Things slow down just a tad :)
But things keep rolling on at Creative Scrappers with a new
sketch every Sunday & it was my reveal week there this week!


I turned the sketch on it's side & inverted it to suit the
photo I wanted to use.  My house helper is on leave
right now & I made a layout for her to take her 
daughter who is recently married.  


I used the beautiful new 'Invitation' papers from 
Les Papiers de Pandore for these.  You can buy them 
any time for yourself through the store which you 
can see the link to at the top of the Pandore blog.


The butterfly badge is also part of the collection.  Lots of
 fussy-cutting opportunities with these beautiful papers & I
 love the subtle Chevrons on the background paper.


Typed journaling in my new favourite font, Pacifico.


Got to use up some of my 'classic' {read 'old'!}
 Making Memories metals on this layout - as well as the
 blingy frame - but they're timeless embellishments.


I inked, punched and layered up the papers, together with some
Cheery Lynn Doily die-cuts & Jolee flower embellishments.


You have until the end of  September to play along with
the sketch & be entered into the random draw for this
month's prize!

Supplies for 'Hope for the Future' Layout

Printed papers - Les Papiers de Pandore - Invitation
'To Stroll', 'Cards' & badge
Mist - Maya Road - Orange Sherbet
Ink - Memento - Lime Tart & Tangelo
Die-cut doilies - Cheery Lynn
Beaded arch punch - Martha Stewart
Metal sentiments, flowers & bling frame - Making Memories
Floral embellishments - Jolee's Boutique





18 comments:

dstandard said...

Such a beautiful page Helen! Don't you love it when you can use something from your stash that you had dubbed as "old" and make it new again!

Lizzy Hill said...

Really nice take on the sketch...LOVE all those little 'bits & bobs' - they make it such an interesting LO to look at in detail:):)

scrapping4me said...

Gorgeous page Helen! Love the freshness of these papers!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeee the colors, the photo, the doilies and love love love love that title!!!!!

Keren Tamir said...

a gorgeous LO and a very happy couple!! love the smiles!! hope you are feeling better!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous LO!! What a precious gift, I'm sure they will treasure!! So many fabulous details!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

yyam said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love that you used those classics...hehe...must have been before I started...I love those metal embellies! :) And the beautiful layers! :)

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

How lovely, Helen! I'm sure she will cherish this wonderful gift for a long, long time.

Lynnda said...

Great take on the sketch Helen!!! Love the colors here... the layering... and the embellishments used ...everything matched so beautifully together... You rock!!! Hugs...xoxo

p/s: I'm working on this sketch too... hopefully can be done by tomorrow... xx

Mitralee said...

A LOVELY Gift! I enjoyed looking at all the pretty on your page. Those letters caught my eye the most, orange & delish! That is a great sketch too, I saved it! ;-)

tania said...

such a special gift,this would look lovely framed. beautiful...

Tracee said...

A beautiful gift that I'm sure will be treasured Tx

Svetlana Austin said...

Helen this LO is simply a stunner! I was staring at it in awe with wide open eyes at CS and only then i realized it is yours! amazing work, truly truly amazing!!!

FiKenward said...

Have to say Helen this is one of my faves of yours, stunning!!!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

This layout is gorgeous! I love your take on the sketch and all the details you added are awesome!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

WHAT a lovely and thoughtful thing to do Helen, just so very you! Love how you flicked the sketch and how gorgeous your page turned out. The colours and embellies are truly fabbo! This is really stunning eye candy to behold! xoxo

Marjie Kemper said...

Oooh, love that sketch and what you've done with it. Fantastic focus on the photo with all the matting and then the extra frame on top, and I really love the mix of letters. Wonderful!

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Great take on the sketch...super sweet layout! :)