Friday 28 September 2012

'Cherished' Layout - Prima Product Pick September 2012





Hi there everyone!  Happy Weekend!!  The kids had their last day of school today so they have a week off now & already I have made 14 trips out & back just today!  They all went out tonight - with their respective friends - to different places - so I truly was 'mum's taxi' this evening :) 

It's almost midnight here & I'm squeezing this post in now in case I lose the internet again - been offline for a day or so here with a server problem & I need to get this challenge loaded before month end.  It's been pouring with rain so I had to take these shots indoors - will replace them when the weather clears up!

This month's Prima Product Pick has the most gorgeous colours.

I decided to play along FOR THE FIRST TIME!


I used some alterable Prima paper from 2008 that I recoloured with inks & water then stamped with a brick stamp & texturized with some gel medium and microbeads.


I used some gold pigment powder mixed in with my texture paste to create the brick wall behind the photo.


I used some gorgeous Scrap FX chipboard from Australia, that I embossed in gold & bronze.


I used various Winter CHA wooden and metal embellishments to match.


I hand-journaled unobtrusively in various places on the page.


I altered a Prima 'Namazzi' flower with microbeads & Diamond Dust to match.


Supplies List for 'Cherished' Layout

Bronze cardstock - stash
Prima Printable Paper - Iron Orchid Design #811273
Inks - Color Box - Dark Brown, Black, Chestnut Roan, 
Burnt Sienna, Yellow Cadmium
Brick mask - Crafter's Workshop - 6"
Modeling Paste - Reeves
Gold Pigment Powder - Barco
Gold Microbeads - stash
Gel medium - Claudine Helmuth
Glossy Accents - Ranger
Embossing Powder - Olde Golde & Bronze
Twinklets Diamond Dust
Brick stamp - Cocoa Daisy
Chipboard - Scrap FX - Steampunk Clockface, Stem - Reeds, Sign Post
Flowers - Prima (Namazzi, etc)
Die-cuts - Prima Rondelle
Lace - Prima
Metal lamp, metal cogs, wooden bird, sign & clock - all Prima
Journaling Pen - Schachihata 0.4

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend & manage to get some of those last minute challenges finished before they close on Sunday!




26 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the gold tint to the page! Beautiful as always!

FiKenward said...

Great page Helen, love all the texture and stamp work and the way you have journalled within the page, Awesome!!!. Have fun over the school Hols Im so glad my taxi days are just about over with my son hopefully getting his license next month...YAY!!! Anyway glad to see you were able to slip this one in whilst the internet was working hopefully it will stay around for you. Have a great weekend.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the flowers!!! AMAZING!!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

So gorgeous .. and I am drooling over the micro-beads and the texture they add! They are on my wish list for sure!

juscrap said...

Great page Helen, love all the texture and stamp work. have a wonderful weekend. hugs

Lynette Jacobs said...

Awesome page. One day I am coming to visit you. I want to watch you in action. Maybe you should take Cariena up on the offer to teach a class or two...I would be the first to sign up.

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous layout Helen!!! You never failed to amaze me... with all your beautiful creations... thats why you are AWESOME & AMAZING!!! hugs..xoxo

Evgenia Petzer said...

so adorable!

Sandie said...

Wow, the colours are amazing, the items you have used and how you incorporated them (beautiful layers)... adore this totally!

Heather Jacob said...

OMG Helen , my fave rich earthy colors.. an outstanding piece of art . love it x

Svjetlana said...

Adorable page Helen, love what you did to that paper.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Helen! What a stunning layout! Love the beautiful color palette and blossoms!

Mitralee said...

ohhhh!!! Microbeads!!! Love how you matched the colors so nicely and the bits here and there!!!

hugs from NY, finally back in the saddle!

Linda Eggleton said...

Oh this is just stunning Helen! Love the colours, layers & fantastic textures...gorgeous work!

Carin McDonough said...

Beautiful layout and photo and I also love the colour pallette! :)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow Helen, such an amazing LO with such rich and gorgeous texture!! Thanks for your always sweet and encouraging comments! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Eila Sandberg said...

Yay! thought you had played along with both the BAP and PPP before. LOVE this golden beautiful page Helen! especially the background work just shines, love what you did to the Namazzi too. Delish delish delish! Fingers crossed darling! xoxox

Heather McMahon said...

Wow Helen - what a detailed layout! How did you find time to make to while running the kids around? So glad you did though!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lovely!!! I absolutely adore the colour tones in this! Fantastic layout, Helen!

Marelize said...

What a wonderful pic Helen and I just love the texture on your layouts. Wish I could see it IRL. xx

Debbi Tehrani said...

Beautiful work, Helen! Gorgeous detailing. The texture paste with the gold pigment powder gives your bricks such a lovely glow that goes with the rest of your page!

sandi said...

Beautiful! Love the golden brown tones here. Your lo looks fabulous with these colors and amazingly perfect mix/detail!

Keren Tamir said...

wow Helen this one is fantastic! I love the microbeads!! they look amazing on a page!! definetly a fave in my book!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Oooh lah lah! So many great elements here... the tiny banner and chain are amazing. Such great texture everywhere. A real beauty, Helen!

Bellaidea said...

Fantastic work, love every single inch of it!:)

Marilyn said...

Oh love this color palette and the micro beads looks fantastic. This is Fabulous !!! I love it! :)