Tuesday 28 August 2012

Love Life Layout {Purple Pumpkin Guest Designer August 2012} Dear Lizzy/American Crafts








Hi there people!  How's your week going?
 Not so good this side unfortunately.

I have a very sick little girl at home who has been full of flu,
 coughs & sniffles since Saturday & now has passed it on to me,
so I have been feeling really terrible these last couple of days.

 Bad timing as the last week of the month is always a busy one
 for getting challenges in & finishing up the month's postings.

So let's take a closer look at my last layout for my
Purple Pumpkin Guest Designer stint!  


I started by slathering on some bright yellow paint 
using an old credit card.  I put it on quite thick so I left
 it to dry overnight although you can use a heat gun
 {embossing gun} to set, though I find sometimes it takes
 away the glossy sheen that I was after.


For my banner I used an old necklace again :)


I wanted to use the ribbon in a different way so I adhered
thick double sided  tape to the back of the striped paper
then quickly zig-zagged the ribbon up and down from right 
to left, adhering to the tape as I went - then pulled it up
 without cutting it, so that I could create a messy flourish
 with it, securing with stapling & teeny glue-dots.


The lumo fibre I used is an old shoelace & the pink heart
 on the chain is part of the packaging that came with my
 daughter's new jeans.  If you like creating lively, whimsical,
 playful layouts then Purple Pumpkin would be a great
 choice for you - they are having their next warehouse sale
 on Friday so check out their blog for more details HERE
but you can also buy their products at any time in their
store as well HERE.

Supplies List for "Love Life" Layout

Papers - Spotted - Pebbles - Happy Go Lucky
Striped - Dear Lizzy for American Crafts - Neopolitan
Yellow Paint - Making Memories - School Bus
Ribbon - American Crafts
Buttons, Doilies, Flower - Purple Pumpkin
Shoelace, heart & beads on string - stash
Alphas - Pink Paislee Cushies - Passion Fruit

*** That wraps up my August Guest Designer layouts from
Purple Pumpkin!  I had a great time there this month - come back
 tomorrow for some VERY EXCITING NEWS as I am
Guest Designer at another great site starting tomorrow!!***




24 comments:

Missy Whidden said...

I'm so sorry you guys are sick, Helen :( I am so in love with your layout...it's SO bright and colorful...just gorgeous!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

I can imagine what it must be like to have DT deadlines and flu at home :((( Get well soon and give a hug from me to Cami.
Your page is so happy and I love the brights & the little tidbits. The pictures spell FUN!

Desire Fourie said...

Helen I love the effects you did on the photos and the layout is just beautiful. So much eye candy to feast the eyes on.
Hope everyone feels better soon.
Hugs
Desire

Evgenia Petzer said...

Hi Helen, sos orry to her eyou are not feeling well , i also not in the best condition now and also have huge amount of things to be done.

the lo is fantastic!

juscrap said...

I'm so sorry you guys are sick, Helen. I love your page, those color are so beautiful. hugs

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a fun and fabulous LO!! Love the paint and ribbon techniques. Praying for a quick recovery. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Rachael Funnell said...

OH! that's no good.. you & your girl are sick... Hope you both get better REAL soon!! Love that layout...the details are FANTASTIC!!! WooT! WOooooT! I will be back to check out your newest GDT Spot... Take Care x

Lizzy Hill said...

You're not having a good time of it health wise lately:( but this is a bright, cheery LO [something subconscious going on there???!!!]...LOVE what you did with the ribbon! V clever. LOVE PP...oh, you know....:):):)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

This one is so fun and love the bright colours! Hope you recovery quickly and have a sickness free home. Take care.:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooooooo fun!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors (especially that YELLOW!!!!) and love love love love the banner of beads!!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Keren Tamir said...

I'm so sorry to hear youa re not well!! that sucks!! love this cheerful layout!! its so bright it makes me smile!! What I love most is how you captured those pictures of your daughter!! amazing!!

MarĂ­lia Lopes said...

I'm so sorry you guys are sick, Helen.
oh that's super cool and funky layout.Loveeeee!!

Jasmine S said...

Luuuuuurve the necklace and the bright colours are just sensational. Such a great page. I hope everyone is feeling a little better soon.

Mitralee said...

Yikes the flu! Wishing you and your family lots of strength!!!

I love the bright colors and the yellow paint all slathered on! Great idea with the necklace!

sandi said...

Oh Helen...sick again!?! This is aweful...hope your feeling better soon!
Your lo is absolutely fantastic. Love the spash of yellow paint along with the fun papers and embellies that you used. The entire mix and design is perfect for those pics! Love this to bits!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Rockin' layout!!!!!!!! Love the beads and the bright colours are really super fun! Hope you all feel better soon!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hello Helen,

I hope your little girl feels better very very soon.
I love your page with the wonderful use of recycled elements. Beautiful!!

TFS~

Marelize said...

Oh no! I hope your little girls feels better in no time. My daughter came home sick from school today too. Must be the season. :(
Your layout is totally gorgeous Helen. Love the yellow paint! Such a fun page! xx

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous work. you amaze me with your creativity to use things on a layout that I wouldn't even think of. Sending healing prayers your way, this flue strain is a nasty one, it lingers.

Alison said...

Hope you and Cami are feeling better Helen..love the bright, fun LO!
Alison xx

Lynnda said...

WOW WOW WOW This layout is so my favorite...
I love the bright vibrant and happy colors..... just cheer me up.... TFS.... Helen you rock!!! Hugs...xoxo

FiKenward said...

Oh know it finally got hold of you to, hope you are feeling better really soon. Love the whole vibrant feel to this page and the funky photos they were perfectly displayed here.

Kerryn said...

So fresh and fun and funky! Perfect for those photos. Love it!

tania said...

loving the colours in this layout!!