Thursday 26 July 2012

Free Pass Layout {Scrap Africa Guest Designer - Sketch 8} C'est Magnifique - Inkido - Prima






Hello there!  I'm back again to share a layout I created 
recently for a Guest Designer Invitation at Scrap Africa HERE.
 I started with the wonderful Inkido "Sunshine" papers from 
the latest C'est Magnifique kit that you can see HERE.

I used the "Pink Roses" paper & "grunged it up" a 
little {or perhaps a lot!} with mists & paints.


I created this layout for my American friend Mitra HERE.
She has done so much to help me in so many ways, so I 
asked her to please choose a photo & send it to me so that
I could scrap it for her!  


She loves mixed media work so "I did it for her!"
but as you know I love getting dirty sometimes too!!


The alpas are old Making Memories ones  from my stash 
& the shade of blue was a perfect match for the Inkido papers.


That studded Prima swirl is just too funky & also from my stash -
I wish I had bought a lot more! Flourishes are honestly a must 
have on a shabby page!


Drop-dead gorgeous blooms all from C'est Magnifique
where they have a SPLENDID selection and NEW STOCK of  
the most beautiful Manor House blooms you have ever seen. 

 I have a truck load on the way to me :)
Go shopping HERE if you are looking for a quick shabby fix!!


The felt flowers match the felt alphas  - you see :)
I grunged up the peach one (not a "peach" kinda girl myself
 at all) so I used pink & blue ink on each petal & lime green 
on the stamens, to give the bloom some more "oomph"...


I created the dimension by slathering gesso on thick (using
a small plastic artist's trowel) through a stencil then spraying
 over it with mist.  I painted through the same stencil with blue
paint around the edges to match the alphas & blue printed paper.


The lovely vintage pink card underneath my title is also
 from the kit.  I was sent this sketch to work with - if you 
would like to play along with this sketch challenge you have
 until the 16th August to submit.


Supplies List for "Free Pass" Layout

Printed papers - Inkido - Sunshine Collection
& Teresa Collins "Fabrications" Collection
Transparency - My Mind's Eye "Follow Your Heart"
Gesso - Claudine Helmuth
Paint - Daiquiri by Making Memories
Stencil - Bubbles by Studio Calico
Mists - Granny Smith Apple Green (Maya Road) 
 Meadow Green (Tattered Angels) 
Rose Tea (Maya Road) & 
Pink Bubblegum (Tattered Angels)
Alphas - Making Memories Felt
Pink journaling card - C'est Magnifique Kits
(along with all paper & blooms)
Flowers - Prima Merelle Nectar (Felt) & 
flower with dangly charms - Prima Allegra Adelle
Pink flowers - Prima "Lady Godivas"
Strawberry Ice.
White flower - Prima (Tasha Frost)
Ink -  Prima Old Rose & Pretty Color - Turquoise
Punches - Martha Stewart Cherish & Fiskars Scallop Dot




27 comments:

topkatnz said...

That grunted up misting looks amazing and completely alters the look and feel of the papers to fit your style.excellent!

Rachael Funnell said...

OH! Helen once again you have scrapped absolutely GORGEOUS layout.... That background is FAN FAB U LAS!!!
Your friend Mitra is one lucky gal to have you create this of her..... x

Lynnda said...

WOW WOW WOW... Helen... this layout simply stunning ... I love the colors... the pp and those journaling strip... all and all... I just love everything on this!!! Hugs...xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! This is AMAZING!!!!!! I absolutely loveeeeeeeee the colors and love love love love that background you created!!!!

yyam said...

Wow! Love how you've grunged up the background.....awesome textures!

Denise Price said...

Congrats on guest designing at Scrap Africa!!!

I love the way you altered the rose paper. It was beautiful to start with, but you increased its beauty exponentially. I love the feminine, mixed media, shabby chic vibe of this page, and I know Mitra's going to love it too!

Michelle said...

This is just beautiful!! The floral paper is perfect with that photo! I love all the flourishes and flowers!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Helen, what a gorgeous LO - love your mixed media work and amazing blossoms and flourish. Mitra will so love this!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lizzy Hill said...

Ooooh!!! Mitra is gonna LOVE this...lovely photo& nice'n'layered up:):):) that bg is SENSATIONAL..truly! Best I've seen in along while...flowers are cute & the dangle thingy sets it off beautifully:):):)

Marelize said...

Wow! Your background work is beautiful Helen! Love it! xx

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love your mixed media background...would never have guessed that you started with that back ground paper. Beautiful, beautiful page.

Marjie Kemper said...

Stunning layout, as always! I love how you've done the journaling and snipped that little banner below. I'm sure your friend was thrilled to receive this beautiful page.

Theresa said...

Guess I am like everyone else who loves what you did to create the background. Thanks as always for sharing.

Keren Tamir said...

Gorgeous as always!! love the messy background!! and the beautiful outcome!!

Leonie said...

Oh my goodness this is super Helen!
totally in love with that background you created!

FiKenward said...

Awesome colours with an amazing/interesting background you have created. Love how you turned this paper into your own style and created a spectacular page. Awesome!!!

Tracee said...

Love how you created that background, its great to get messy sometimes isnt it! Love those studded swirls and the dangly you have coming from under the flower, great touches! I'm sure Mitra is going to love this Tx

Perform said...

Helen, this is amazing! Totally love how you worked that background~ Awesome layout!

Bente Fagerberg said...

This is so pretty and original!!
Gorgeous!!

Alison said...

Love what you did with that BG paper..Mitra will SO love this!
Alison xx

Mitralee said...

and!!!!

Mitra DOES love it! Holy beaners! I have stopped by eighteen times, but was rendered speechless the first seventeen....and then there was the drool...SERIOUSLY love the color contrast, the background alterations, the way you faded the photo...

It all lead up to me JUMPING out of the car to start working on the project I am going to send you!!!!

This was such a lovely surprise when your blog popped into my inbox!!!!

Mitralee said...

OK, so I am visiting again to see all the photos for the nineteenth time....

;-)

Kerryn said...

This is beautiful Helen! The colours are divine!!

Marília Lopes said...

Love...loooooooooooove the background!!
Gorgeous layout!!
Hugs

Naddy said...

Gorgeous LO! Love love the background and the colours you used...

Eila Sandberg said...

She sure is one sweet lady, Mitra! LOVE the grunged-up wonderfully messy background, it's absolutely d-e-l-i-s-h!! Beautiful strong colours, a real eye-catcher Helen! xoxo

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Oh my! I love how you got that lovely background Helen! I'm sooo tempted to try mixed media, but I dare not attempt! I worry I may ruin my project! Tfs! This is a stunner! :)