Tuesday 17 January 2012

The Color Room/Creative Scrappers "Spot Camera - Will Pose" Layout {Glitz Design/Prima/Petaloo}






I played along at The Color Room this week &
combined the palette with the Sketch 191 over at 






I created this in 1.5 hours - half the time it 
takes me on average, to complete a layout.


I was in a very bad mood !! so had a "couldn't care less" 
attitude so literally chucked everything on, spread paint
 with my fingers, etc...and it all came together SO EASILY.  
Probably because I wasn't stressing at all about how the
 finished product would look!  Has made me realise that
perhaps I need to loosen up a bit in future...


I started by using the Prima felt gate as a mask and 
misting over it with a deep red, then added some 
spritzes of green & a bit of white then cut up the 
Prima felt gate & placed it beneath all my other layers.  


I selected what I wanted to go beneath the photo & got 
everything adhered one beneath the other using double-
sided tape on the back of the photo, getting the Glitz cards 
in position then flicking over the photo so they would 
stick to it & continuing like that as I built the layers.



Supplies List for "Spot Camera - Will Pose" Layout

Backing Paper - Glitz Design - Beautiful Dreamer - Stripe
Prima Felt Gate {used firstly as a mask & then cut up & adhered}
Mists - Maya Road "Raspberry Pink", Studio Calico
 Mister Huey's" Clover & Calico White
Printed cards - Glitz Design "Beautiful Dreamer" die-cuts
Pink Text Paper - Girl's Paperie
Green cardstock - American Crafts
Transparency - Hambly Studios
Black trellis stickers, doily, feather  & chandelier gem - stash
Flower Vines - Petaloo - Cantebury Collection 
{Magnolia & Berries Branch}
Alphas - Prima
Journaling pen - Shachihata





23 comments:

Bellaidea said...

wow, this is one sweet lo!

Jasmine S said...

D E L I S H. I hope that one day I can use a title like that....lol.
She is stunning and I just love love the layers and misting.

Kerryn said...

Your youngest girl is definitely photogenic. Gorgeous work Helen!!! Loving all those layers!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

With every creation you amaze me more and more!! I loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the misting and loveeeeeeeeee all the flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Tomomi Nomura(nom) said...

gorgeous page Halen !!
This is beautiful girl.

topkatnz said...

maybe you need to be in a bad mood more often!LOL

yyam said...

Wow! This looks awesome! Love the carefree way you misted and spread the paint! Looks good! :)

P/s: Hope the bad mood didn't last very long though.

Shayne said...

Just like my Polly, a real little poser.

Love the page tho. Hope the mood has lifted xx

Stefanie said...

It is still a stunner. You'd never say that it took you half the amount of time. She is growing up so beautifully, just like her Mama.

Irini said...

One word Stunning!!!!!
May I suggest a glass of your favourite wine when you next decide to scrap.......LOL
Just gorgeous Helen....
hugz
irini

Lea said...

:) Love the title! Wow this is beautiful! Yeah, let it loose more often... but then again all your creations are amazing. I say do what feels right to do with each one!

Mitralee said...

I think Irini and I have the same idea! I love to scrap with a glass of wine, but I hate cleaning up afterwards.

HELEN, I really LOVE this page. I love the flow that it has and how beautiful it all is. From the gems to those sweet little flowers, amazing!

Denise Price said...

Beautiful! It actually looks like you spent a long, long time on it.

Cindy Fortin said...

I'd love if my bad moods could give georgeous LO like this!
I love all the layers and your daughter is so photgenic.

Alison said...

Your youngest is so photogenic! Love the layers...hope the mood has improved!
Alison xx

phamil said...

Oh my!!! All of the technique and layers in this gorgeous page! And again, just brilliant colors! Love the photo, it's breathtaking on it's own! More stunning work! You are really on a roll!!!

Unknown said...

Oh you so need to do this more often!! not the moods I mean tho..lol!! But the work here is incredible!! LOVE IT! :))xx

Jessy Christopher said...

Gorgeous!! I love the details, there are so many things to see on that layout!! You are good with this kinda style :)

FiKenward said...

Beautiful page Helen, love the colours you created with the spritzing and the pattern, beautiful work and great take on the sketch.

Rachael Funnell said...

See once again I seem to have missed some of your Posts???
So lovin the background in this layout!!!!
Well maybe you sometimes need to get in that bad mood & chuck more layouts together..... LOL!
GO Glitz Design!! ♥

Rachael Funnell said...

GEE! I just commented here & it's not here??? OK! i'll try again...
It seem like I've missed a few posts of your Again??????
So lovin your background & maybe sometimes you need to get into that bead mood & chuck more layouts together...... LOL!

Rachael Funnell said...

Too funny this post is on approval mode.... So that is where my first comment is....... LOL!

Eila Sandberg said...

Ha ha that's what they say, some of the ladies; a bit of mist here and there, some paint smeared on, stick this down randomly and voilà there it is! I'm too much of a dweller too, really really need to start chucking pages together without thinking too much. Good you were in a bad mood when the result was this fabulous! WTG chickie! love ya!