Monday 5 December 2011

3 Scrappy Boys December Main Kit Projects

So this is my second month on the DT at 3 Scrappy Boys 
and I am loving it so far!This month I got the December Main Kit 
to work with{the DT take it in turns to be sent the main kit or the
different add-ons available}


The kit took 22 days to get to me so when I received it I got 
cracking on it immediately and churned out 7 projects in 7 
hours - yup I was a scrapping machine!  

Don't know how 
I did it but I flew through it until 5.30 one morning - 
working through the night - then slept for a few hours - 
did my day job then photographed the layouts early
evening & got them sent & uploaded 24 hours after 
receiving my kit!  {Then I went to bed LOL!!!}

So simple - I got this layout done in 10 minutes!
Never achieved that before & I totally love it!!
Helps to use the best possible photos you can find.

The yellow striped square is a giant K & Co. Smash 
Pocket so I positioned my photos so that they looked
like they were spilling out of the top of it.  

As I can't tuck into any extra stash & need to use just 
what is in the kit I made use of my border punches for a 
quick & simple "extra bit of detailing".  I recoloured the 
Jenni Bowlin alphas by pressing them into a yellow ink pad 
using my tweezers.


This was another easy concept using a Picasa Collage
{one of my favourite things!} & making sure to add
a craft border to use for my journaling.  I don't like
journaling on printed paper because I like it to be
nice & clear & easy to read.

Whenever I layer papers on top of each other like 
this I cut them out like a frame so that I don't waste 
the paper behind them.  That's how I managed to 
squeeze out 6 layouts & a card here!


 For the one above I cut the wide rose ribbon trim 
down the centre but only for the length shown 
(about 20cm) and reserved the other 10cm to cut 
into 2 squares to use for the flowers on the next 
2 layouts.  

Then for the card I used the offcut pieces 
that were left over from the ribbon trim when I 
cut the circles out of the squares - and I used 
thosetiny pieces - all together - to create the 
3rd {very shabby!} bloom.


For this really basic take on the trendy Chevron design
I totally got my idea from Stephanie Howell's layout
here but the Washi tape {American Crafts Mix tape}
flower is all my own idea & I think it looks really
cool, particularly the tearing!

For staining the alphas brown here I stippled them 
with brown ink by pressing them directly onto the
inkpad but with a lot less pressure than before.


Using up the number brads was a complete challenge
but I did my best to rise to the occassion here & 
had to doodle journal my title as I was running short of 
alphas by the last layout.

--------------------------------------------------------

I altered quite a few of the alphas by cutting
bits off them to change the letters.  With these 
alphas I found that worked particularly well 
- for example the HI on the card below was
originally an R & an L!

I made one last project with this kit - a really
pretty card that I will share with you tomorrow
together with some step-by-step photographs.

Hope you've enjoyed the lookie at the 
seen just how far it will take you.  $5 a 
layout (plus postage of course) and a
bonus card thrown in for good measure!




19 comments:

Blossom inch said...

awesome layouts...love all of them! pretty pics too..

yyam said...

Well, these are pretty amazing Helen! You are definitely an asset to the team with your level of productivity and massive amount of talent! :)

Tina said...

Love each and every one! I can't believe you scrapped so many so quick! Amazing!

Lynnda said...

Those layouts are amazing Helen!!! I adore all of them... Beautifully done... hugs..xoxo

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Helen these layout are totally gorgeous! Love them all - your design and composition is breathtaking! :D

xo

Stefanie said...

I can't believe you got so many LO's out of that kit - they're more plain and less exuberant that your usual style, but they say a change is as good as a rest?
Great job on changing the alpha's too!

Eila Sandberg said...

Oh yeas, loooove the photos! you ARE a mean scrapping machine, gosh I'd have fallen asleep with my face right in the glue and papers by midnight. Good job Helen, such wonderful pages all of them!!! xoxox

Leonie said...

Gosh you have been busy and all of them created in such a short time! WTG Helen!! The papers are super it looks like a great kit. I love all the layouts you've created with it. :)

Marilyn said...

Hey my friend, we are in the same page you're making a lot of scrapping and I'm making a lot of dresses(working day and night...grrrr) but i will be very honest with you I can't make more than two pages in one day...OMG!!! Eila is right...you're a scrapping machine!! lol !!! Beautiful pages, love the last one "Reasons to love you", Beautiful photos, too!!! Take Care!!! I'm going to work!! :(
Hugs!!!! :)

FiKenward said...

Some great fun pages here, and that was with all of the kit, awesome.

dstandard said...

OMG Helen you totally rocked this kit - awesome pages! Your kids are adorable!

Denise Price said...

That is a gorgeous kit, and you used it well. I love all these LO's, but the first one is my fave. I can't believe you completed it in such a short time! You're my scrapbooking hero. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! You seriously AMAZE me!!! GORGEOUS...all of them!! I don't know how you do it... but girl... you ALWAYS INSPIRE! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Kerryn said...

Gosh you are a machine! I have had a kit for 2 weeks and have almost completed 1 layout LOL. I have been sick though ;).

Loving what you created. Some great ideas there!

Alison said...

That's what I call dedication Helen...some of course may call it something else!!;)
Fab LOs
Alison xx

Rachael Funnell said...

GEE! You have been a Busy BEE...
These all look FAN FAB U LAS Helen.....
As Alison said you REALLY are Dedicated!! You Such a legend!
xx

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

LOL! You are more than a scrapping machine then, Helen!! How on earth were you able to do that? Poor you but your LOs are all gorgeous as always, no sign of doing that in hurry! Well done all, excellent!! :)))

Diana said...

Love love love the Cam Oops LO! So simple and nice! 10 minutes! Great!

Jasmine S said...

Oh I love every one of these pages and you just have this way of creating a collage of photos on a page. And always fabulous photos I might add.
And I have never seen it before but in that last page of you and DH and the kiddies (which I love the title/journaling by the way) you look so much like a girlfriend of mine. Wow. Amazing resemblance.