Saturday 26 November 2011

I played at The Color Room {All Paired Up Layout}


Finally I got to play at The Color Room this week.


I used Sketch 183 from Creative Scrappers as my starting point.

Only problem is I thought Friday was Thursday!?!
{until I received the reveal letter on my BlackBerry...}
So I missed the deadline...(gave myself a slap!!)

So I was officially "too late" but nonetheless I'm back there :)

 These are my daughter's best school friends together with their
partners at their school graduation dance.


 I used a doily that I folded down the centre to reduce the size.


And finally got to use this beautiful embellishment from Pink Paislee.


 And some lovely new Prima flowers I bought online recently.


 I glittered up these old Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas.



Supplies List for "All Paired Up" Layout

Cardstock - Bazzill
Printed paper - Crate Paper Peppermint Collection
Doily - stash
Butterflies - Jillibean Soup
Alphas - American Crafts Thickers (Subway)
and Heidi Swapp Chipboard (Lemonade Stand)
Glitter Nail varnish - Essence - Space Queen
Flowers - Prima
Leaves - Precocious Paper
Buttons - My Mind's Eye
Swirly Sticker - Basic Grey
Glitter Stickers - Prima - Madelaine
Flat-back button badges & frame embellishment -
Pink Paislee Sweetness Collection

Thanks for Looking :)
Things are getting a little "Holiday Hectic" around here now!
The end of the term here in South Africa is always
"crazeeey days!!!"  Kids are writing exams{which means
"mum's taxi" is operating at all sorts of different times
throughout the day} & Cami is in the middle of a string of
performances at her dance academy so it's all "go-go-go!"




25 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

The Yellow Cardstock gives this the WOWzers factor....
Another Gorgeous Layout Helen!!!!
Have I mentioned that I think your handwriting is just lovely.....
hehehe
♥♥

Bellaidea said...

Lovely layout, so great photos and bright colors!

Christin aka Umenorskan said...

Nice layout !

dstandard said...

Beautiful page! Haha just used that same frame on a layout today!

Amelia Khalik said...

Ahhh yes Helen, 'mum taxi' is nothing new to me too!!! lol. Love how u combined TCR & CS in one layout! Gorgeous page and clever used of doilies! :))))

Stefanie said...

Love this one and can see why you're so enjoying the yellow and pink combo. So sorry that you missed the cutoff, exam times are crazy and I have also been getting my days mixed up.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee those photos, the colors and loving that doily! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Evgenia Petzer said...

love your layout!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wowzer, this is a beauty!!!

Patricia said...

this page is so funny... grgoeus colors and photos!

Jasmine S said...

This is gorgeous Helen. You have used the palette beautifully. I want to play along too but I just have not had the time. Soon.
Great use of cardstock again as the background. Fab pics too.

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Wow!!! So eye catching!!! I love the photos and your take on the sketch is fantastic!!! Beautiful, inspiring work as always!!!!
Hugs!!!

Svjetlana said...

Fantastic page

Alison said...

Hope life gets back to 'normal' soon...love the colours in the LO!
Alison xx

Marelize said...

Pity you missed the deadline Helen. Your layout is stunning and you've nailed the colour combo! Love the big doily and all the gorgeous embellies. Beautiful work. xx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow! What a gorgeous layout! Loved your take on the palette! :D

Mitralee said...

Your page made my coffee taste sweeter! I so enjoyed it this am! You are always amazing with yellow! Glad to see you playing along! No biggie on a missed deadline! It is getting an amazing page done that so counts!

Shayne said...

very pretty Helen, love the pink/yellow combo, and it's a really great sketch to work with too.

Sorry you missed your deadline, i've got 3 days left and then mom's taxi is officially on holiday!

Eila Sandberg said...

Helloo! really so fab to see your page over at TCR - YAY for you! it totally pops in the gallery with the vibrant pink and yellow. Gorgeous work as always darling! xoxoxo

yyam said...

Goodness! This is gorgeous! I love the pink and yellow combo...so bright and fresh! :)

Wish I had a mum taxi...*winks*

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love it when you play in the colour room and come up with these gorgeous creations.

Kerryn said...

Such a striking combination of colour. Love it!!

Denise Price said...

Ooh...the bright colors, the mix of textures, the sweet photos...I love it! I once missed the deadline for the Color Room when I started playing there, too. When it's Friday in Oz, it's still Thursday over here. Anyway, I look forward to seeing more of your work in the Color Room, Helen!

Diana said...

Very pretty LO. I love the embellishments. They're all so pretty.
And I love how you adapted the sketch to three larger photos (much more practical!)

Lydell Quin said...

Lovely Helen! Love the concentration of yellow!