Sunday 21 August 2011

Inspired Blueprints Sketch 80 {Beautiful Creature Layout - Little Black Dress Kit Club}






Inspired Blueprints has a fresh dose of inspiration for you weekly here on their blog.  Their sketches provide a great starting point for getting going on your layouts & if you do use one for inspiration you can upload it to their gallery here.

There are 4 sketches each month, split over 2 teams, so I create 2 layouts a month for them.  
Earlier this month I was sick, along with 2 of my kids, and my husband was away on business, and various disastrous events meant that I had to combine the layout for Sketch 78 with a Colour Combo at Colour Combos Galore, so you've already seen that one but so you can compare it to the sketch here it is again.

I think it was a great sketch & I love how my layout turned out!


My latest layout for Inspired Blueprints is based on Sketch 80, which was quite an unusual sketch but I loved it!
The reason I have been so excited to share this layout with you is because it is created ENTIRELY out of my new kit from Little Black Dress!
Firstly, my kit arrived here in 10 DAYS - that is a phenomenal record!!
Secondly, I am SO EXCITED as it's THE FIRST TIME I have actually used a kit properly!

Never before have I liked everything in a kit enough to use ONLY THE CONTENTS OF THE KIT and it made it SO QUICK & EASY!!

I know there are a lot of kit clubs around & I have had encouragement from some of you to sign up with them, but honestly there isn't another one out there that I fully believe in as the perfect fit for me so finding Little Black Dress  has been like an epiphany for me.


I completed this layout in 1.5 hours instead of my usual 3.  
Now that is a HUGE time-saver in my book!  
All my favourite things were right there on my desk, inside the packet - the kit contents - oooh I'm in love!


My only additions were a bit of red paint for opposite corners of the photo matt & the ink drops that I splattered on the music sheet paper.


For the long thin photos I printed out a collage in Picasa but left it in one piece, as opposed to splitting it down the middle, as there didn't seem any point.  
I cut out a central 1cm slit instead of splitting the printed papers behind the photo, then I rolled the 1cm strip around my awl so that it curled up into a tight paper roll - quite a cool effect I think.
I added a strip behind the central section & roughed the edges up a bit.


Creating the tag embellishment cluster was definitely fun!

 I started with the sweet little birdie tag & offset it on top of the red tag, then offset it again on a pretty red print card then threaded the grey ribbon through & cut it into V shapes (as is a very popular trend right now).

Before sticking these down  I threaded the baker's twine through the centre of that lush embroidered ribbon, gathered it up & knotted it top & bottom, created a bow at the top & flattened out the centre section so that the tag could lay nice & flat on top of it.  

1.  I fussy-cut the cherry design out of a sheet of Jenni Bowlin paper & adhered that first.
2.  Then I added the embroidered ribbon gathered with twine.
3.  Lastly I laid my offset tag on top & added a button to the bottom corner in place of a pop-dot to raise the tag up for some dimension.
4.  At the top of the card I threaded the baker's twine through a cute little star-shaped button provided.


Supplies List:-

Backing paper - Crate Paper Portrait Collection - Pearls
Black & white spotted paper & centre strip print (reverse)- Jenni Bowlin Studio - Haven Accessory sheet
Music Sheet paper, bird tag & fussy-cut cherries - Jenni Bowlin Studio - Haven - Cherries Ripe
Title sticker - Glitz Design - Cardstock Stickers - Love Games - Journaling
Alpha stickers - Glitz Design - Teeny Alpha - Burnt Orange
Red paint - Making Memories "Red Wagon"
Mist - Memories Mists - Pale Ale
Twine, ribbon, buttons, braid & all tag elements - Little Black Dress Kit Club - August 2011





19 comments:

dstandard said...

Gorgeous pages and love your papers! Your daughter is so pretty and photogenic!

Marelize said...

Beautiful layouts Helen! Your work is always so interesting and full of inspiration.
Hope you have a great week. :)

scrapbookertink said...

That kit looks stunning, love your layout so pretty and your daughter is a model in the making, enjoy the rest of Sunday x

Lea said...

Oh, love the layout you made with the kit! The cluster by the tag is awesome!!!

Alison said...

Love what you did with the kit....how do you get your daughter to pose for so many pics...mine hates being photographed!
Alison xx

Diana said...

You totally rocked the kit.
The LO is absolutely gorgeous and the photos of Cami are breathtaking.
This is one of my favourite LOs of yours ever.

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Helen those pages are gorgeus..you really did a wonderful jobe as always!!!!
Those photos are gorgeus , your daugther are so cute and pretty and she look great in the picture!!
I wish a wonderful week my dear friend!!
Kisses and huges
Cynthia

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful layout Helen, and great photos of your precious little one, you have beautiful kids!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Totally outstanding, Helen!! Beautiful work as always! :)

Kerryn said...

Sounds like you've found your perfect kit club! These pages are gorgeous as always Helen :).

Mitralee said...

you page made me catch my breath! it's amazing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are sooooooooooooo GORGEOUS Helen! You are just AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):)

yyam said...

These are soooooo beautiful Helen! Love your eye for colour and details! :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh my goodness! Helen these are sensational! I love both interpretations of the sketches - it's so cool how you used multiple photos in place of the two photo sketch on the second one. Love your work, girl!

sandi said...

Oh Helen you did such a fantastic job with both sketches! When I first saw the blue one in the gallery, I fell in love with it...I mean I really loved, loved, loved that one. I thought it was absolutely breathtaking...so nice to see it again...gorgeous! The second one is just fab. Love the way you used the kit! Everyone of those pics are wonderful and the way you put together the tag cluster looks so beautiful! I will have to hop over to the site and check out the sketches. Thank you for the info. Can't wait to see what else you'll put together with the kit! :)
Hugs!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your layouts are gorgeous...I love the texture of the first one.

Marilyn said...

Beautiful pages, Helen!! love your take of the sketches. love the photos of your beautiful girl.
Your work is Beautiful like always!!! Take Care and rest my dear friend!!! HUGS!!! :)

Moonie said...

What a gorgeous take on the sketch Helen.. I love your blog.. very gorgeous x

Eila Sandberg said...

Wowee! I can only dream of finishing a page in 1,5 hour even with a kit! they look totally gorgeous both of them, just beautiful as always! xoxoxo