Friday 31 December 2010

2011 {OLW}



I have loved this holiday season.  I've only been able to start enjoying it since Christmas eve {when we traditionally enjoy a big family dinner} as before that it was almost the same as our usual working year, winding things up & tying all the loose ends before being able to relax guilt-free.

I have been pondering all things "New Year" though & am strangely far less angsty about 2011 than I have been regarding the start of any other year prior to it.  I think that has something to do with the realism that comes with age as I've tended to be far too Utopian & positively unrealistic in years gone by.


In 2011 I want to experience more, experiment more & feel more.  I want to take more photographs for art's sake, start a photography blog, just as a place to upload my images, and install some great new fonts & PSE actions. 

The new year is almost upon us & we are heading off into the African sunset for some R & R, then we come back to mayhem - new schools, stationery & uniform lists plus tens upon tens of books & files to cover.  Then I fly to uni in another state, to get my daughter all settled before beginning my 9 week intensive Photographer's Workshop.

I've chosen "Focus" as my One Little Word {OLW} for 2011 - starting with becoming an ace photographer, getting those niggly house projects completed, keeping up with Project Life & creating art every day.  Oh, and playing in Photoshop!  Finally (2 years since installation) I pulled in my first image, edited it, and installed & applied my first action.

I've hardly left the computer since, I am soaking it all up via the Adobe forum & loving it!  

Here's to 2011 - living your dreams & making them happen.

15 comments:

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Hi Helen! Ok..can I come live where you are? LOL..I just read your updated profile info..and am mesmerised. I LOVE your new blog. I spent about 15 minutes before I even read your post just taking it all in. I love updated new blogs.New year, new look! AWESOME! And I love what you have said about the new year...I totally agree. HAve a happy new year and i hope all you wish for will become reality! Here's to continuing our 'scrapship'in 2011!

Diana said...

great pic of you!
I told you my olw is focus too, right?
I'm still working on the wording of what I mean with it for my olw LO.
Happy happy!

Hayley said...

Hope you have a wonderful 2011.

Marilyn said...

This pic is Gorgeous!! Hi Helen!!I see many Beautiful projects, here!!and Beautiful pics, too!
I Love that the glass is always half full!!!
I come to wish you a Happy New Year with lot of Good Health, Peace and Love for you and your lovely family!! and that all your dreams will come true! You're a very positive person, I love that!
Until next year, Dear!! A big hug from the Caribbean!!! Marilyn

Lynette Jacobs said...

Ohh..you have photoshop'ed this photo just beautifully. Wonderful word you chose Helen.

Wishing you the best for 2011.

xx

Alia said...

Lovely photo of you!! :) You seem focused already, and I wish you all the best in meeting your goals!! :)

tania said...

Warm wishes to YOU and your family:)
Love this photo Helen:)

Shayne said...

All the best for a fabulous 2011.

Thank you for being by my side in the blogging journey, for listening and commenting and sharing your wisdome and knowledge.

xx

Sophia said...

Happy 2011 to you and your family. Wanted to say you did a great job on that photo, it really looks awesome.

Pearl said...

loving the hi contrast from yr editing & actions, hun !! just gorgeous !!

Hurray on the OLW of Focus & cant wait to see you get started on that 9 wk photography course now ! ;)

Sounds like 2011 is off to a great start for you !

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That's a great picture!

Jessy Christopher said...

You look stunning!! I love it :) I am sure you will be able to be a great photographer!! Go Helen go!

Ella Swan said...

Thanks girls! Am in the middle of the bush right now with only dial-up connection that takes forever so will try to do some blog-hopping but please forgive me if I don't make it to your blogs while I am away _ I will make up for it when I get back :-D It is so laid back here it is difficult to focus on anything LOL but am keeping up wth my PL journaling in WORD & LOTS of time to strategize as opposed to our crazy lifestyle back home.

ChelleStamps said...

Congrats on your new DT assignment with Scrapbook Challenges! I'm also a newbie. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Shelly

topkatnz said...

you look beautiful Helen - very sexy:)