Monday 1 November 2010

Celebrate your Cuteness {with Magistical Memories Chipboard}

Yay -  I found the time to create a layout for the December Guest Designer Challenge over at Magistical Memories!  Please excuse the shadowy pics as I had to take them under artificial light as I've literally just finished this layout now - in the middle of the night, lol!

I'm SO GLAD I got it done though because I had a blast playing with chipboard & really like how my interpretation of the sketch came out!

Glimmer mists make working with chipboard a pleasure as a few quick sprays gives you a lovely shiny piece.  For the green on the birdie & the flowers I dusted some of them lightly with a very fine layer of clear glitter whilst they were wet, to enhance them that little bit more!
I am working my way through a selection of "less than best" pre-digi prints & am determined to get them scrapped even though my photography in days of old was not fantastic ;-D

I used older Sasafrass papers from their Serendipity & Daydream lines, together with some navy & pale green bazzill cardstock.  Chipboard word & scallop from my LSS & birdie, flowers & flourish from A2Z Scraplets in Australia, brought to me by the lovely Linda!  Butterflies - Creative Talents South Africa.  Maya Mist - Sunflower Yellow, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Meadow Green,  Clear glitter - LCS, flowers - LCS, Making Memories Vintage Findings alphas, Creative Memories black journaling pen, Prima bling & Prima Pearls.  {11 different manufacturers!}
The flourish you see above actually contained the bird and the flowers that are now on the side of the layout but I cut them off & modified the design of the flourish to suit my layout!  So I adhered the birdie back on above the "C" in Celebrate, and moved the 3 little flowers to the side - floating up from the pearl at the end of my "Celebrate" title.  Added some pre-glued bling & pearls to my chipboard pieces too... 
Altering chipboard is quick & easy & the great thing about it is you can customise it to match your layout, using your mists/paints & /or glitters too.  And of course it adds instant texture to your layouts aswell!

Well I hope you all enjoyed your weekend bloggy friends & that I've inspired you to dig out your chipboard pieces again.  I don't know about you, but I own a whole drawer FULL of them & this challenge has definitely inspired me to break out the paints & mists & start adding more of it to my layouts in future!






9 comments:

Pearl said...

wow ! wow ! wow ! Helen ! filled with chippie goodness ! woohoo !

great to see your take on this sketch !!! & Good Luck on the contest now ! ;)

Stefanie said...

Scrapping older pre-digi snaps can be a challenge, but you did it beautifully.
I have yet to crack open my mists.

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love all the chipboard. You did very well with these older photos...I still have a shoebox full that need to be scrapped! Lovely layout Helen.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is really cool, love all the chipboard on this LO, yep, I better get mine out and start working, thanks for the inspiration!

Cindy Lee said...

Love all the chippies on this layout!! So fun!

Ella Swan said...

Oooh thanks girls...I really enjoyed it & got to use up some of my huge chipboard stash!

Gloria said...

That is an adorable page Helen!!! Loved all the chipboard pieces you have used. I also love the colors and the design, the layout is perfect! I´ll be crossing my fingers for you:)

Jessy Christopher said...

All the best to you!! Hoping you will be a guest :) Beautiful layout & details!! Loving all the chipboards used on ur layout.

Tina McDonald said...

Hey Helen! Thank you so much for playing along with our sketch challenge! Beautiful take on the sketch! Good luck to you!! Winner will be annoinces by Friday! :)