Thursday 23 September 2010

Photo Editing Time! {Chelsea @ 17}

Finally I have been able to sort out all my images for September 2010. For those of you using or wanting to use a photo editing program with no time to learn anything beyond pretty basic you know I am a huge Picasa {free Google software} fan. Be careful when you instal Picasa, that you ONLY tick/check that Picasa brings in images from "My Pictures" {or My Picture Library in Windows 7} or you will end up with a katrillion images from all over your computer - which I'm pretty sure is not what you would want...

I try to keep on top of my photographs as there are so many of them. Being in my library so often brings about some interesting observations. For example, this month I noticed that I had only taken ONE imprompto photo of Camryn & it was off focus so I had to delete it. She is usually queen of the camera yet I have NO photos of her for September! Weird...Going to rectify that over this long weekend.

If you can't read the text on these photos I suggest clicking on them to make them come up larger. The font is a nice one but not clear unless you print the photos fairly big - which is what I intend doing - because I'm going to do a single page for each of them. Teenagers don't allow you many opportunities to photograph them so you need to take every opportunity you can get ;-D

These are the only photos I got of her in September & they were all taken within the same hour! After spending a fortune on Chelsea's matric dance her boyfriend, Kiran, had his college dance & she needed another dress! Eeek I said no ways am I paying to get another one made & going for all those fittings etc...{as so many of the same people attend these dances the girls can't possibly wear the same dress TWICE - talk about a Paris Hilton mentality} unfortunately we just don't have the same funds available as the Hiltons so we hired one!

A beautiful one it was too. She looked absolutely gorgeous with big peacock feather earrings & a variety of gold & jewel coloured bangles. She is working so hard towards her finals, even harder than we would ever expect her to, but she claims to have no choice in the matter, as there is just a massive volume of work. She loves chemistry but hates physics so is looking into a BsC Pharmacy degree now that she is set on the idea of attending university in another state.

She is such a good girl. So much better than I was at her age, and it is all down to good parenting. My theory is that there are very few problem children, coming from a house of problem parents as I did, as half the stuff I did I just did to make a point. I set out to be the mother I always wanted & I believe I've achieved that.

6 comments:

Diana said...

Oh Helen how amazing it is that you feel so positive about your job of parenting your children. And if you can have a 17 year old daughter and be able to say that you've done a good job, then you DEFINITELY have done something right. (17 is usually the toughest age.)
I think you should devote a blogpost to parenting tips every now and then, seriously!

Jessy Christopher said...

She is such a beautiful girl. Her skin is flawless. I love the photo of her & Kiran. They looked so good together. Glad to hear that she is coping well at 17 & bravo to you for raising awesome kids!! Yo should be proud of yourself :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

She is so pretty. Love those peacock earrings.

Shayne said...

She is beautiful and that colour suits her perfectly. They make a very handsome couple!

Ella Swan said...

Hi girls! Thanks for all your positive comments. Diana you have me thinking now...I could definitely write an article on parenting but didn't think anyone would want to hear it. Everyone thinks theirs is the right way & there are so many diverse approaches - but I will certainly try to come up with what works in our household! The benefits you reap @ 17 come from SO much hard work for SO many years - and for us she was worse @ 15/16 & is now over it - permanently we hope! Yes Jessy she has flawless skin - but that is thanks to Purbac - an anti-biotic for her skin that she started taking a few months ago LOL...she could also do with a tan but is always too busy studying ;-D I don't know how she turned out so pretty! Lucky she has a 6ft4dad so she has already grown taller than me...and yes that dress looked magnificent on her. It is a strange sensation to see your child as a beautiful woman - very weird...

topkatnz said...

The peacock blue is absolutely gorgeous on her!