Friday 24 September 2010

Our Sweethearts Layout





Used all matching papers here from the Making Memories "Be Mine" line. Getting over my "can't be too easy" attitude & using co-ordinating papers at times these days. These papers are great because it looks as if you've pieced strips together but you haven't...that's how the paper's printed...sneaky huh?! ;-D
I've started sorting through my really old photos & am going to have to scrap them, even though their quality is going to embarress me on this here blog...just remember, I wasn't a scrapper then & I wasn't a photographer's ----...okay, moving on...
Inked with a bit of turquoisey blue there. And used some Pink Paislee Artisan Tape as it matched so well don't you think?! Even the alphas are MM Be Mine. Cut the scallop design above the title by tracing around a chipboard element & cutting using my smallest scissors.
I used my craft knife to slash open the printed paper along the line just under the quote there then just slid the photo corner underneath see? Added a distressed effect to the side of the newsprint print by sticking down some cellotape then ripping it off quick {think of waxing your legs except this is infinitely more fun...}
I raised up the "crazy for you" element & used one of the strips from the pps to act as stems for my flowers. Each flower is significant of a child. The little pink one is Cami of course, the next size up is blue for Reilly, then white for Jack & the tallest one in the most striking colour is our stunning big girl Chelsea!


Big flower is a gorgeous Prima alabaster one & little flowers are my LCS. I layered up quite a bit on this page yet it still turned out pretty clean & simple. I was very happy with the result. Thank Goodness Cami was wearing a pink jumper so I could use some pretty paper! Love looking at my kids when they were all such cute little monkeys ;-D

There's actually something to be said for scrapping older photographs as it adds in the reminisce factor & that sure does something for the old feel good endorphins...




Happy Heritage Day to all you South African bloggers.  My roasties are in the oven this very minute just crisping up & the steak, wors & chicken kebabs are almost cooked!







7 comments:

jessica_haley555 said...

Super cute. Looks like a bog Valentine for your family.

Bernadine said...

Love the layout Helen. Can't believe how little the children were. :)

Stefanie said...

I was leaving a comment on your braai day and poof! the whole post disappeared.
Thanks for showing me all the steps to your roast potatoes, I appreciate the added effort.
I had no idea you roughed them up quite so much.
Good to know.
Great post, love all the added details.

Ella Swan said...

Sorry Stef - I was having big problems with Blogger just now - don't know if it's my new pc or the new Blogger Editor. Yup that method is foolproof - try it & show us how you get on ;-D Post is back up & will stay this time so go back if you need to jot down any details...

Stefanie said...

Thanks, I learn best by seeing so am sure I will be able to emulate you.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous layout and gorgeous children;-D

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous layout with such refreshing colours. Those were probably still the days when you could cover all four kiddos with one blanket ... and you will probably think ... those were the days ... and I would give anything to have them back ... ha ha ha
Hugs
Desire