Wednesday 17 March 2010

I gotta Feeling! {Toot Toot!}





{That this week's gonna be a good one!} La-de-la-de-la! Never one to speak to soon, we're already half way through it but anyway...

Obviously my road-trip & contemplative mood brought on by the suicide actually revitalized me as I'm now feeling on top of the world & things definitely seem to be looking up!

Thoughts impressing on me lately:- {& contributing to my healthy mindset methinks...}

1. Sometimes conflict not only brings resolution but also improves relationships. I have seen this to be true lately. At times we need a wake-up call not to take anything or anyone for granted. I got that recently & things are better than ever as a result.

2. I have good kids. The two "little ones" have never given me a moment's trouble & are so happy just "to be" & to be together that sometimes I almost forget all about them! Definitely something to be said for having larger families - by the time no. 3 & 4 come round you're very chilled parents...

3. It's not a given that siblings need to fight/not get along - we simply have never tolerated it & take it very seriously. Our kids have their moments but they get along - they have to - the more they "practise" the more the genuine feelings come - aka "Just Do It!"

4. My daughter is a very different person to me. Our characters are poles apart {this has been reinforced lately since we took the Jung Human Metrics Personality Assessment - google it - excellent!}. It's helped me to realise that people are all intrinsically different & those who try to force their opinions on others really are wasting their time...

5. My kids are growing up. I've been so busy parenting that it's just come upon me! I've been a parent of teenager/s for nearly 4 years now & still have 9 years to go - Yowza - that was a bitter pill to swallow when I actually worked it out lol...{13 years of teenagers in da house - I'll be a pro by then!}

6. Younger teenage boys aren't interested in girls {well that's true in Jack's case anyway}. He's just turned 15 & tries to feign interest but quite honestly would rather be playing sport or chilling with his mates...Phew...

This boy is altogether quite lovely {& I actually got a smile out of him on his birthday!}

Well...at least I got ONE!

7. I LOVE photography {There - I said it!} The more I "get into it" the further I want to go...I keep trying to STOP it - because I don't have enough time to scrap let alone become an expert photographer - but I've now accepted that getting sucked down the lens is inevitable...It makes me happy - I'm just gonna enjoy the ride!

8. I pretty much hated the first 3 years of being a parent to a teenager/teenagers. Now I'm "into it" & {'specially since seeing "It's Complicated"} am actually looking forward to gradually relinquishing responsibility & having more time together as a couple - still have a long way to go 'til that time actually comes anyways...

9. Sushi Rocks! I can never get enough of the stuff...and I've lost 13kg's in 3 months eating it!

10. Online Crops are really fun! I have only participated in 2 so far & didn't enjoy the first one {was just learning the ropes} but absolutely LOVED the second one {The last Cocoa Daisy one} & won all this stuff! It was waiting for me when I returned from my road trip & no doubt contributed to my upbeat mood!

11. I love Blogging! {and don't care what non-Bloggers think about that anymore...} I can't imagine my life without my blog & all of yours now too. Being part of such a vibrant online community really does enrich my life. How can I prove it to you? Well, just take a look at this!

How's that for a RAK ATTACK?!

I won it! I won it!

All courtesy of Dear Jessy! {a good name for her as she recently really rocked my favourite new line - "Dear Lizzy"!}
And all I had to do was leave a comment! Which brings me to my last realization...

12. I love leaving comments & getting them too! I've read so many different theories on this over my year plus of blogging {people disabling their comments because that shouldn't be one's motivation for blogging, blah, blah, blah}. Bottom line - humans thrive on positive re-inforcement & it ain't no sin...





8 comments:

Vicki said...

Can now see why its such a good week for you. Yahoo on winning your goodies. I have worked out I am just over half way through the teenage years and have 6 to go. We sure will be pros at the end of it all. LOL

Diana said...

Your good vibes just surge off the screen--now I'm smiling too :)

Stefanie said...

Just popping in to let you know that I am still reading you.

topkatnz said...

Glad to 'hear' you smiling.I have actually loved every moment of the kids getting older - glad you're enjoying it too.

tania said...

lovely post helen!!
love the photos and of course all your winnings{lucky girl}
i think sometimes it is better NOT to try and understand a teenager, but rather to be their friend,makes things a little easier.
enjoy your day!!

Ella Swan said...

Thanks girls ;-D Feeling like I have a head-cold coming on today...uh oh...;-(

Pearl said...

hurray on the happy scrappy wins, Helen ! woot !

& thanks for sharing your thoughts on a wide variety of subjects ! glad to hear you're taking parenting teens in your stride by now ! there's hope for the rest of us not quite there yet ! lol .

Ella Swan said...

Thanks Pearl! Parenting teens is no fun for the first coupla years IMO...then you come to terms with it & it's kinda fun...that's how I see it anyway!