Sunday 24 January 2010

My ( not so) Guilty Pleasures...






Fortunately I don't feel guilty about enjoying life. Sometimes others try to induce guilt but quite honestly I think we should all enjoy the short time God has given us here on this earth, so no guilt for me, as long as I'm not up to anything norty!


I've been catching up with some of the blogs I follow & it seems that we scrapper/bloggers have so much in common. I could relate to almost every guilty pleasure! So here's what comes to mind for me...


1) I love cappucino. Even on my new Low GI diet I am indulging in a cappucino a day {and losing over a kg a week...} Some people are on the cappucino wagon because it's fashionable these days but I've been on it for as long as I can remember, way before it became "de riguer". These days I usually only get to enjoy it at home {Nestle's Unsweetened for me} & a trick I've discovered since dieting:- Pour out the powder {it comes in individual sachets} into 2 mugs {so that each mug gets a bit of coffee & a bit of milk-powder} so you have to shimmy a bit between the two...and voila! You can have TWO diet-cappucinos a day...not quite as decadent as having a whole sachet each time but still a very acceptable diet-fix!

For the best skinny cappucino in town - try Kauai {my new 2010 hang-out} - so foamy!


2) I like to stay up late & sleep in. Okay sometimes I DO actually feel guilty about this, but I talk myself out of it pretty quickly, after all, who cares? I get all my work done, just at odd hours! And I love the peace that comes with nightfall...I've also had many years of waking up all through the night for babies & rising really early with little ones...so now I'm happy to indulge my rather socially unacceptable habit when DH is able to take over the school run. I never get more than 8 hours sleep so it's all the same really...

3) I love the pc & in particular the internet. BTW did you know that the first ever Internet Rehab Facility has recently begun operating in the States? Perhaps we should hold a convention there? ;-D Seriously though, I don't feel guilty about this fact either, since I only logged on for the first time just over a year ago! I reckon I have a looooooooooooooooooot of catching up to do...

4) I spend money on scrapbooking supplies...but when I look at the measly amount I usually end up with {when shopping locally as all the prices end up double what you pay in the States} that assuages my guilt pretty well...it also occasionally induces an "obligation to my stash" attack...which results in a frenzy of scrappy activity & a bunch of new layouts - so you see, it ain't all bad ;-D


5) I read trashy mags. This one doesn't generally go down too well with others so it's not something I readily admit, but seeing as I've read that quite a few of you do the same, I'm outing myself here! I keep threatening to give up HEAT & did so once for months, but decided that it was a pretty cheap fix to keep me happy for an evening, considering I don't enjoy watching TV. I also love NOW & REVEAL, both English "tabloid" mags but not too trashy really, lots of trend tips, etc in there too...and I have successfully weaned myself off People, You, Hello & OK, so progress is being made girls...baby steps...



I think 5 should do it for now! Cappucino, late-nights, the internet, scrappy stash, tabloids...it could be worse I suppose...


7 comments:

topkatnz said...

well they sound a fairly harmless bunch - you are right - never feel guilty, and never apologise for who you are. Loving the cute puddy pic!heehee

somebody who needs to love herself said...

huhuhu I hear you Helen!! I am too loveeee buying scrapbook materials..gives me great pleasure. and gotta love the internet!!! weeeeeee

Shayne said...

Yup we all have very similar pleasures! I love the overseas celebrity mags - hello, ok etc. I love seeing who's dating who!

Lynette Jacobs said...

So glad you're back...I had to giggle about your trashy mags...other than that we seem to have a lot of similarities.

Ella Swan said...

I was just sorting out my scrappy stash today & I thought, you know, stash buying is actually a hobby in it's own right...looking through it all excites me so much more than shoes & clothes, or even jewellery! It's a strange one but when I see things on the internet I just have an overwhelming desire to own them ;-D And as for the gossip mags, they keep one "in the loop" & make for great "small talk" useless bits of info that come in handy at times!

Pearl said...

Definitely can relate to most if not all of them ! ack ! they arent so guilty for me either !

Jessy Christopher said...

Lol... We have something in common!! Number 2, 3 & 4! Unfortunately I can't take caffeine, used to but my tummy wouldn't allow me few years back ago. Nice to know u better Helen :)