Monday 6 July 2009

South African Politics ( Monday morning fun!)


This will only really be understood & appreciated by those of use living in South Africa - nonetheless I hope it will bring a smile to some faces this Monday morning!


A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below.

She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are at 25degrees, 14.97 minutes south latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude."

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a DA supporter!"

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist," everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be an ANC Government official"

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but, somehow, now it's my fault."

Hee hee...

5 comments:

topkatnz said...

HEEHEE ... that funny story could be directed at just about any political parties anywhere methinks ...

Stefanie said...

Very good!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Now that I like! Heehee!

Jessica said...

You know what? That's funny even if you don't know South African politics :)

So how are you, my fellow Scrap Addict? I've been going through withdrawal lately. I didn't resign from Little Shop of Sketches, but the past few times have had little to no success at getting my layout picture uploaded. So, I finally contacted Tanya and she did it for me ... I'm in the last post. I guess I could ask her to go back and do the last few sketches as well. Too bad I didn't realize it was happening for so long ...

We're moving. Not far away - about 30 minutes - but it's a big process and I'm just so busy! What's fallen behind the most is my blog reading. I just don't have the time anymore!

The kids are getting so big. My baby just turned one and my oldest is about to tur n five. Time flies!

How are you?

Ella Swan said...

Yes I 'spose it could be said of any 2 opposing parties now couldn't it?! Jess I did leave you a comment on your blog but without having this one in front of me I forgot some stuff...I know what you mean about having no time...I only started scrapping after I had all my kids & my littlest was 3 so how you even manage to fit anyting in I don't know! And blogging with it too...no, it's just too much...Moving is a giant job whether it's to next door or a foreign country because it's a very physical job for starters & secondly one always uses it as an opportunity to sort stuff out. Psychologically a lot of us, me included, don't want to cart any excess from house to house so we sort & purge aswell as pack! Shame, sorry you have to move, after putting down that lovely floor & all your hardwork on your house, etc. Hopefully we will also be moving this year. I say hopefully because, although I dread moving, this time will be our last until we leave South Africa some time in the future, whereas since we have moved here 3 years ago we have moved once a year! Hope it all goes smoothly. Sure it will ! ;-D