Wednesday 22 July 2009

Little Shop of Sketches - Sketch 42

Herewith my take on Sketch 42 down at Little Shop of Sketches. This is my last sketch for Tanya Leigh from LSOS. My 6 month term is now finished and I have been given the option to stay on but have resigned, as I have some new ideas up my sleeve and need to be in a position to spread my wings a bit further afield and see what happens (Yes I know that is a bit cryptic but if I have something more concrete to tell you I will!)

I interpreted the sketch pretty literally this time as I liked how it was all coming together. I used Pink Paislee Sweetcakes Collection scalloped paper adhered to a sheet of bright yellow Bazzill then cut the circles from K and Co Amy Butler Lotus Tea Box Grandiflora Flat Paper, using my Creative Memories Circle Cutter set - one of my best scrappy investments ;-D.


I embellished with die-cut butterflies from the same Amy Butler Tea Box Collection for K and Co and also cut floral elements from DCWV Citrus Floral Vine Glitter Paper. For the title I used Doodlebug Adhesive Chipboard - Swimming Pool - Hopscotch Alphabet and for the journalling I used my trusty Dymo...





There is a DT call going on at Little Shop so if you want to familiarise yourself more with working from sketches, as I did when I applied (had never used one in my life LOL!) then pop in there to check out the requirements. I think there are a few positions up for grabs there and you could be filling one of them if you try out! Off to work on my Reminisce classes now...

9 comments:

Stefanie said...

Beautiful...love it.
I will post mine tomorrow.

Jacqui said...

Looking good!

Mieke said...

It's so sweet, too bad it's not up on the LsoS blog yet, will post mine soon.
Gonna miss you on the team!

Monique Liedtke said...

You did a wonderful job with this sketch!! Love how you combined all those different papers! Will miss you too!!! but we'll stay in touch!

topkatnz said...

Very nice work H! you certainly have got a handle on how to make thos sketches work for you now!

Vicki said...

I'm liking this one Helen - its very pretty with the pink and the patterned paper. Good luck with whatever is up your sleeve. LOL

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love your take on the sketch...it is wow!

Ella Swan said...

Gee thanks everyone - this one seems to have been a real hit - glad I have left Little Shop of Sketches with a bang! As for what's up my sleeve - I want to have more time to participate in challenges & all the fun online stuff I come across every week so here's hoping...

Michelle Ramsay said...

Lovely layout and good luck with your future ventures!