Monday 8 June 2009

Life's a climb but the view is great!

Yup, I finally succumbed & went to watch Hannah Montana with the little ones! Oh my it was too cute. Of course it was typically cliched entertainment aimed at kids but thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless. Miley Cyrus was ultra sweet. Either she's a really good actress or she's not as bad as the tabloids make her out to be!

I also did Ali Edwards' weekend creative challenge this weekend, and took close on 400 photos!!! Of course I will have to edit these quite severely because I am NOT making a scrapbook album of a weekend, LOL! Don't think I'm in one of 'em, now THAT could be a problem ;-D Will have to cheat a little & get some taken of me up to various things & add 'em in...don't tell...

Am experiencing PC issues AGAIN! This poor PC suffers at the hands of 3 of us amateurs on it almost around the clock! This time at least I am able to identify the problem. Now that is a first for me,lol! I have NO MORE SPACE!!! The story of my life...no more space in my closet, no more space in my jeans, no more space in my scrap storage, no more space in my schedule, no more space in my brain and finally NO MORE SPACE ON MY HARD-DRIVE!!!

I overcame this issue 3 months ago by freeing up 4 gigs but have since used it up & am sick of fritting around from file to file searching for the unwanted, the no longer needed & the "what was I thinking!" The reason for my procrastination & deliberation was based on my very hopeless IT man and HIS procrastination & deliberationssssssssssssss............................ he kept me waiting 3 months & kept missing his appointments with no warning & no apology. When I e mailed him to ask him what happened he told me, and I QUOTE "If all goes well today and I finish the important calls early, I'll come, but so far I've had more urgent calls coming in".

Sure you are all smiling by now, 'cos if you know me at all, you will know that I DO NOT take kindly to being told that my request is a) not important and b) not urgent!!!! Needless to say....I no longer require HIS services but I DO STILL REQUIRE an external hard-drive! I have just located one that sounds like a good price to me - 250 gigs at R850 INCLUDING transferring all my image files over. So there! There is life after Anton. (blows big raspberry.................) Now it is up to me to get my image files backed up onto DVD (I've done some but not all because, heck, it's boring...) and then take in my tower (no slick white Mac books here sadly...) to get the job done.

Just hoping I can still upload my DT submissions this week...please...

I have had a really rejuvenating family & scrappy time lately. I have decided that I rule the Internet & not the other way around. It's a (not so) simple matter of just saying NO! Do you remember my UNPLUG post? Well, I was SUPPOSED to blog about it on June 1st, but totally forgot! Only remembered on Friday so this is what I have to say...The thought of not being ALLOWED onto the PC for the whole day was HARD. But the actual doing it was easy. I forgot about it & got on with life. Got on with scrapping. Got to do everything that needed & wanted doing, with no guilt. Because I "wasn't allowed" onto the PC. Perfect! In fact I enjoyed it so much that I stayed off for an extra day! What I did NOT enjoy was finding 60 e mails waiting for me...

I've decided that I'm not opening my e mails every day. I will do it 3 times a week. MAXIMUM. They are always going to be there & they are going to keep on coming. I subscribe to quite a few scrappy newsletters that I enjoy squizzing over & I have quite a few bloggy friends I chat to privately, which I enjoy, as well as all my comments coming in (all gazillion of them, lol!) and other's comments after mine (you know when you click the "send follow-up comments via e mail") so it's not like they are all re: life threatening news that demands an instantaneous response. I've also decided that I am not going on the pc over the weekend, except to sort out my photos (upload/edit/print). I feel loads better for it!

I love being able to access information quickly & easily but there is only so much I can process!!! I have set myself a new challenge for June (and hopefully thereafter...) whereby I record the number of hours I spend in Outlook & Scrap Addict (& other blogs I hop on over to from there...) and match it in scrappy time. My dh thinks I'm nuts with all these rules I set for myself but I like a challenge & need to keep my eye on the big picture! What do you think? How do you allocate your time regarding these 2 time-consuming lifestyle choices of ours (scrapping & blogging) ???


9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just love the heading to this post ... so true! I might just bloglift it from you. Glad you are setting yourself some rules as to time spent on the internet as it can really rob time unnoticed. Thanks for all the tips once again. Can't believe a business can see one client being more important than another ... one will never say we are in the middle of a recession. Hugs from Desire

Stefanie said...

Hello there
I did miss your blogging, glad you're back.
I have way too much fun on my pc to unplug.
It saves costs on therapy.
I need a place to escape and hide in.
I consider blogging and visiting inspiring blogs as scarpbooking - Stacy Julian style.

Anonymous said...

Haha ... glad you enjoyed your H Montana movie ... not for me I'm afraid. Glad you enjoyed being 'unplugged' ... musch like our TV free Sats ... the 'thought' worried the kids a lot ... the 'reality' was we didn't even really notice!! Get yourself that extrnal harddrive and memory ... upgrade, upgrade, upgrade!!LOL

Vicki said...

Don't think my lot would give you a thank you for the HM movie. Now that I have sorted out what I'm doing on the computer, can be in and out in about 15-20mins and I'm happy doing that.

Jenny said...

What a cheeck to expect you to be less important than someone else! Glad you got rid of him. Lol at all your rules for you :-) My laptop is mine and no one elses and unfortunately it is on my desk where I do everything

Lynette Jacobs said...

Missed you...glad you're back!

Ella Swan said...

Yes, the title is cool isn't it?! Got that from the Hannah Montana movie...I'm feeling more human now that I am spending less time on the pc. I have so much inspiration in this brain now that I need to get some of it out before taking in any more! I find the service industry here in KZN appalling, not sure if it is a country-wide thing, but it is almost a given that people will miss their appointments at least twice & need chasing up. I hate to do it because it puts them in a position of power over you but when your air-con is broken, for example, that IS an emergency in our summer. I love my pc time too, but right now it is freezing in our passage where the pc is located & there is no extra space for a heater. Can't wait for our house to sell as dh has promised me a laptop! To blog in bed is my ultimate dream!!! ;-D As I print all my photos quite soon after taking them I am seeing the pile grow & grow so I need to do some serious scrapbooking "real" style - as well as the Stacy Julian kind,lol! I went to HM for my 2 little one's sake & loved having 2 little heads resting on each shoulder. No good movies on here at the moment despite 20 cinemas at Gateway alone! Wow Vicki, if I could do my blogging & e mailing in 15-20 mins a day I would be so happy. I am such a tortoise. Everything takes me forever. I spend HOURS here, which is why I've had to set some parameters ;-D

Ella Swan said...

OK that sounded really weird...I meant one little head on each shoulder...just in case you thought my kids were seriously deformed!!! :-D

Jacqui said...

Good luck with your resolutions - they sound like difficult ones to keep but if you get it right, you'll have tons more pictures to scrap cos you'll be doing so many nice family things!.... enjoy