Monday 2 March 2009

It's in the Bag!



I was set this challenge by Shayne last week & finally got to photograph my bag & it's (many) contents...



My bag is plain white mock-leather with leopard print cotton lining & quite a few pockets & Zips inside so is working very well for me at the moment. Nice & big too. Cost me R100 (USD10) at the bag shop downstairs at La Lucia Mall (don't think I've ever noticed what it's called...) They often have sales in there. I go through bags several times a year, probably 'cos I carry too much!


I always carry my spiral-bound notebook & 3 pens 'cos when I have the kids with me they often need to borrow a pen to play hangman or something if we're having a coffee, etc. I always carry scissors in case kids need threads cut off clothes or something...Little ones' school activity schedule to check where I'm meant to be when, calculator & spare card-reader.

Wallet (bright-pink so I can always find it quickly,LOL!) wet-wipes, tampons,tissues,hair-brush, compact-mirror,nailbrush (for cleaning breakfast stains off kid's white school shirts if necc!), disprin (headache-tablets), lip-ice, cover stick, deoderant, Nazene nasal-spray & sunglasses.

Tape-measure
(to check shirt & trouser lengths if I see anything good for Shane as he's ultra-tall so I'm always on the look out for clothes for him but need to be sure they're long enough). My compact digital camera, Flip video-camera & my white watch that needs a new strap!

And that, let me tell you peeps, is a lot LESS than I used to carry a few years ago...

D'ya reckon I need it all or could end up damaging my shoulder???


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Shayne said...

Thanks for playing along - great bag! I tried to comment on Sun but blogger wasn't playing along (let's hope he does now!). I wanted to say that it does get better. I think we've all had times where you wonder "why me" and can it get any worse - but it actually gets a whole lot better and before you know it those feelings are history. So hang in there see?

Stefanie said...

What's in th eplastic thingy below the scissors?
Also noticed a honey watch - I have one just like it but mine is on my wrist.
TFS.

topkatnz said...

OMG Helen ... a WHITE handbag!! that would be dirty in seconds in my hands ... you are very brave! ... and I can't believe I am seeing your tampons on a blog post!!ROFLMAO!!!

Julie Cortens said...

LOL haha my kids are grown and when we take them out for dinner we STILL play hangman when waiting for our order....so I STILL carry three pens. Or we ask for crayons at the restaurant. Some things never change....just the size of the bill!!

Michelle Ramsay said...

Ha ha, I have just as many things in my bag - yes, I am sure that is why we get sore shoulders!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...and it is all so neat!